Resort housekeeping

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Keep telling yourself that.
I take it you're not responsible for recruiting and hiring in your job?

The severe difficulty companies are having getting their staffing levels back where they need to be is not an exaggeration.

It's no longer "health and safety protocols," it's "getting bodies in the door to do the job."

Why aren't Port Orleans and Animal Kingdom Lodge open? That's why.

wdwfan22

I take it you're not responsible for recruiting and hiring in your job?

The severe difficulty companies are having getting their staffing levels back where they need to be is not an exaggeration.

It's no longer "health and safety protocols," it's "getting bodies in the door to do the job."

Why aren't Port Orleans and Animal Kingdom Lodge open? That's why.
It’s funny that Marriott and Hilton are not having trouble with housekeeping In there higher end brands. Marriott now offers housekeeping in the lower brands by request. It’s not just about recruiting.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It’s funny that Marriott and Hilton are not having trouble with housekeeping In there higher end brands. Marriott now offers housekeeping in the lower brands by request. It’s not just about recruiting.
Just keep telling yourself that.

Disone

Just returned from a 12 night stay at Beach Club. My grandson had a nose bleed and I requested the sheets be changed. When we returned in the evening same sheets were on the bed. When I called the front desk I was told that they could provide clean sheets but I would have to change them myself. I asked if one stayed for 2 weeks the sheets would only be changed on a do-it-yourself basis and was told that was correct. Disney is obviously milking the 'COVID excuse' fopr all it's worth. If I am going to pay premium prices then I expect premium service. I will never visit Disney again - they can keeo their dirty sheets!
This is why I'm not a big fan of call centers. They're too big and inefficient with processing updated information. And most the time when you call housekeeping or engineering or front desk from you're in room phone you're speaking to a call center.
The correct policy should have been to give you a full linen change after your 8th night.
Sorry you had such a terrible experience. Doesn't sound good at all. :(

Last edited:

donsullivan

Premium Member
Well I’ve stayed in several Marriott properties and have had daily housekeeping. So yes I will keep telling myself that.
And I've stayed at a Marriott property every other week for the past 2 months (3 nights each stay) and not once had housekeeping. Your experience and mine are anectodal and does not automatically represent the entire chain.

Last edited:

Mizner92

We stayed last week at a Deluxe Disney resort. Our sheets were changed on the 4th night, towels and amenities were replaced every other day, on point. We thanked our housekeeper in the hallway, and surprisingly our beds were made each of the remaining days that our room was serviced.

G00fyDad

Are we seriously discussing how often sheets are changed at the resorts?
The Office Laughing GIF

dreday3

They say they don't change the bedsheets AT ALL. Never mind about every night. I think if you have a child with you who has an accident or nose bleed that justifies a change of sheets. I was told they would not change them during a 2 weeks stay and I am NOT OK with that. Maybe you sleep on the same sheets for weeks, I don't.

Yes, I think that is exactly what I said in my post.

😐

castlecake2.0

They say they don't change the bedsheets AT ALL. Never mind about every night. I think if you have a child with you who has an accident or nose bleed that justifies a change of sheets. I was told they would not change them during a 2 weeks stay and I am NOT OK with that. Maybe you sleep on the same sheets for weeks, I don't.
But you agreed to that when you made the reservation

Weather_Lady

Now I have a question, do you guys still tip your housekeepers during COVID?
I'll still be tipping as usual -- it's not the housekeeper's fault that their duties have changed.

I'll leave out a small tip for the every-other-day visit, and a larger tip on our last day for the person who has to turn over the room (and will presumably be doing way more work than they used to have to do, when rooms were getting some daily cleaning).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom