Resort housekeeping

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The safest glasses to drink in a hotel room are those cheap plastic cups wrapped on the kitchen sink usually found in budget hotels. I've seen cleaning staff clean with the same dirty rag they wipe other surfaces with the drinking glasses by the ice bucket. Speaking of the same dirty rag, before your ordered entree leaves the kitchen, the kitchen staff wipes down your clean plate with the beautifully plated food presentation with a dirty cleaning rag ( fact ). I've been in the business.
And your proof ?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The safest glasses to drink in a hotel room are those cheap plastic cups wrapped on the kitchen sink usually found in budget hotels. I've seen cleaning staff clean with the same dirty rag they wipe other surfaces with the drinking glasses by the ice bucket. Speaking of the same dirty rag, before your ordered entree leaves the kitchen, the kitchen staff wipes down your clean plate with the beautifully plated food presentation with a dirty cleaning rag ( fact ). I've been in the business.
Hmm, I guess we've been lucky, since having visited WDW over 30 times in the last 10 years, and eating in literally well over 100 restaurants there, we have never gotten sick from a WDW trip. Never. Or maybe it's because neither one of us are germaphobes and simply have very healthy immune systems, since we don't wipe down everything with bleach, killing the good bacteria with the bad. Just maybe.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
I seen it myself. I watched an undercover report on an evening news channel a few years ago. It wasn't at Disney but people are people no matter where they are. The housekeeping staff were caught on hidden camera using the same nasty cloth they used to wipe surfaces down on the drinking glasses that had obviously been used. Then they put them upside down next to the ice bucket as if they had been cleaned. Not even a water rinse. :grumpy::grumpy:
I agree on the housekeeping but not the food "fact" part of the posters quote.

G00fyDad

I seen it myself. I watched an undercover report on an evening news channel a few years ago. It wasn't at Disney but people are people no matter where they are. The housekeeping staff were caught on hidden camera using the same nasty cloth they used to wipe surfaces down on the drinking glasses that had obviously been used. Then they put them upside down next to the ice bucket as if they had been cleaned. Not even a water rinse. :grumpy::grumpy:

G00fyDad

I agree on the housekeeping but not the food "fact" part of the posters quote.

Okay. And I bartended part-time for Hyatt many years ago and I watched the food service people do some downright nasty things to the very dishes they were putting food onto. Not always using dirty rags to wipe off a dish but sometimes yes. Other times it was picking up a piece of food that had fallen off the plate to land on the counter or even floor and then putting it on the plate. Things like that. I reported that nasty stuff but it did not always lead to a dismissal. It was always from the laziest of employees too. Kind of makes you wonder about the food you get at restaurants.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Okay. And I bartended part-time for Hyatt many years ago and I watched the food service people do some downright nasty things to the very dishes they were putting food onto. Not always using dirty rags to wipe off a dish but sometimes yes. Other times it was picking up a piece of food that had fallen off the plate to land on the counter or even floor and then putting it on the plate. Things like that. I reported that nasty stuff but it did not always lead to a dismissal. It was always from the laziest of employees too. Kind of makes you wonder about the food you get at restaurants.
No, just makes me wonder why that person wasn't immediately fired. Bad management.

GimpYancIent

Specifically for Disney properties when I stay at one I expect regular housekeeping. The mickey head made out of towels is an interesting touch but not necessary. I see it as part of the experience for the room to be spruced up daily for you. An impressive job deserves a tip. I see no guest benefit to declining housekeeping during a stay. It is sad some executive moron actually thinks reduced housekeeping is a good cost cutting measure. Disney wants to save money, well, dismiss moron executives. As for nasty and disgusting things happening, absolutely, but I have not experienced any issues at Disney properties with anything to do with the CM's housekeeping or otherwise. On the other hand some guests have shown themselves to be disgusting, filthy and abrasive, thankfully few and far between.

Lilofan

Don't need to. You are offering no proof, just your "personal experience". I worked in that trade too for a number of years and that would have been an instant dismissal if anyone had been seen doing that "fact"
That's an strange analysis - no proof but personal experience, how ironic. Someone could have their head in a cloud if one doesn't think that cross contamination ( cleaning rags used to wipe multiple surfaces ) doesn't occur in the food and bev and housekeeping business. One can say but " we have standards " as a defense but that is not always reality. Housekeeping and especially food and bev is a very stressful cuthroat business as an example.

wdwfan22

You are correct. In fact a couple of years ago there was a hidden camera investigation on hotels and lack of cleanliness. The Contemporary resort got caught reusing dirty glasses in Guest rooms.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
That's an strange analysis - no proof but personal experience, how ironic. Someone could have their head in a cloud if one doesn't think that cross contamination ( cleaning rags used to wipe multiple surfaces ) doesn't occur in the food and bev and housekeeping business. One can say but " we have standards " as a defense but that is not always reality. Housekeeping and especially food and bev is a very stressful cuthroat business as an example.
hall of fame game missed the point GIF

pj4963

Just returned from Yacht Club stay of 7 days. NO they do not clean your room everyday. If you want clean sheets they will bring them to you but you make the bed. If you want clean towels earlier than their cleaning day which is about 4 days into your stay they will bring you some.
This is my thought on a DEXUXE hotel at the present time. If you arent going to be getting all of the services why pay for deluxe.
Yes I know we are going thru the pandanic right now but staying at a deluxe and not getting even you sheets changed everyday unless you do it yourself. Why pay the extra money. I wish I would of know this before I spent $10;000 for a one week deluxe stay This is for 2 rooms

Weather_Lady

Just returned from Yacht Club stay of 7 days. NO they do not clean your room everyday. If you want clean sheets they will bring them to you but you make the bed. If you want clean towels earlier than their cleaning day which is about 4 days into your stay they will bring you some.
This is my thought on a DEXUXE hotel at the present time. If you arent going to be getting all of the services why pay for deluxe.
Yes I know we are going thru the pandanic right now but staying at a deluxe and not getting even you sheets changed everyday unless you do it yourself. Why pay the extra money. I wish I would of know this before I spent $10;000 for a one week deluxe stay This is for 2 rooms
I agree that the lack of housekeeping (at any level of hotel) is unreasonable at this point in the pandemic. I'm surprised that you didn't know about it ahead of time, though: it's been freely disclosed on the Disney website and MDE app (and is communicated again if you do online check-in) for a year.

Last edited:

pj4963

I guess we should of research the policy more before we made reservations. You would of thought the Disney travel would tell you these things. I would of thought the beds would be changed everyday not every third day. I could of accepted that not every 7 days

G00fyDad

Prior to the pandemic, housekeeping would make beds daily but sheets were only changed every 4th night. It has been many years since deluxe resort rooms received clean bedsheets each day.

I thought it was every other night that they changed the sheets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom