Resort housekeeping

runnsally

I'll still be tipping as usual -- it's not the housekeeper's fault that their duties have changed.

I'll leave out a small tip for the every-other-day visit, and a larger tip on our last day for the person who has to turn over the room (and will presumably be doing way more work than they used to have to do, when rooms were getting some daily cleaning).
Yep - individuals are working just as hard, there are just fewer of them.

G00fyDad

I hope they change some of the policies that are in place by September. We will be staying at POP and I don’t want to make beds everyday I am on vacation.

Forgive me for asking (and maybe it is because I am a guy) but if you are on vacation why would you bother making your bed?

dreday3

Forgive me for asking (and maybe it is because I am a guy) but if you are on vacation why would you bother making your bed?

I have to tell you, I love coming back to a hotel room after it's been made up. Can't put my finger on why, just says to me "you're on vacation!"

I will miss that if it never comes back. Will I make my bed each day on vacation? Doubtful, will probably just straighten covers a bit. But I will think fondly of better times with made beds... :D

Lilofan

I have to tell you, I love coming back to a hotel room after it's been made up. Can't put my finger on why, just says to me "you're on vacation!"

I will miss that if it never comes back. Will I make my bed each day on vacation? Doubtful, will probably just straighten covers a bit. But I will think fondly of better times with made beds... :D
Nothing compares to cruise line housekeeping . On the Disney Wonder our cabin was cleaned 2x a day.

G00fyDad

There was a famous speech at UT Austin by Admiral McRaven. He talked about making your bed. = If things all go wrong throughout the day at least you can come home to a freshly made bed that you made that morning.

I would amend that by saying "If things all go wrong throughout the day at least you can come home to a dog that is over-excited to see you." If you have a dog and you do not hype that dog up when you get home and then pet that loving animal for at least 10 minutes then you don't deserve a dog. LOL :)

crawale

But you agreed to that when you made the reservation
No I did not. DVC housekeeping should be day 4 and day 8. Have been a member for 23 years and if a child has an accident there has never been a question of getting the sheets changed outside those days. If they are going to touch the sheets when you leave then what is the difference with changing them?

crawale

Have no issue with making the beds. Do have an issue with sheets not getting changed during a two week stay - especially at Beach Club prices.

Pirate Magic

Because it makes the room look complete and neat. We are not that messy in the room. I make my bed everyday at home, why can’t I have that one luxury when I am on vacation? I think that is not too much to ask, even at value resort, that really isn’t a value.

jaklgreen

I hope they change some of the policies that are in place by September. We will be staying at POP and I don’t want to make beds everyday I am on vacation.

Just curious as to what people consider the bed being "made". I travel with my own sheets so I don't want them touching the bed. All I do is just flip the covers back up after I get out of bed and kind of straiten them up and it take 2 seconds and my bed is "made". Do people actually like the sheets all tucked in so that they have to pull them out every night? I am really curious as to how "made" a bed people like.

Pirate Magic

1624038633503.jpeg

Like in the picture above a made bed.

jaklgreen

View attachment 564635
Like in the picture above a made bed.
It doesn't bother you to have to pull out all of the sheets that are tucked in? I find that to be a hassle because, not only do you have to untuck the sheets all the way around, it inevitably pulls up the bottom sheet also that you now have to fix, since they don't use fitted sheets. It ends up being more work to get into bed then if I just straightened the covers out myself in the morning. Like I said before, I bring my own sheets now and don't want them touched, but I find it interesting that so many people actually want housekeeping to do this to the bed every day.

LittleBuford

It doesn't bother you to have to pull out all of the sheets that are tucked in? I find that to be a hassle because, not only do you have to untuck the sheets all the way around, it inevitably pulls up the bottom sheet also that you now have to fix, since they don't use fitted sheets. It ends up being more work to get into bed then if I just straightened the covers out myself in the morning. Like I said before, I bring my own sheets now and don't want them touched, but I find it interesting that so many people actually want housekeeping to do this to the bed every day.
I don’t have the issue you do with the bottom sheet being pulled up, but I agree that the way hotel beds are made is curious given that you have to untuck everything in order to feel comfortable. I suppose it looks nice and neat, which is why they do it and why (most) people want it done.

Weather_Lady

Just curious as to what people consider the bed being "made". I travel with my own sheets so I don't want them touching the bed. All I do is just flip the covers back up after I get out of bed and kind of straiten them up and it take 2 seconds and my bed is "made". Do people actually like the sheets all tucked in so that they have to pull them out every night? I am really curious as to how "made" a bed people like.
I don't need the sheets tucked back in on the sides, but my DH is a tall guy who flops and kicks and twists bedding around in his sleep, so remaking the bed - especially when it's a triple-sheeted arrangement - is a huge pain and we never get it quite right. We are otherwise pretty tidy and will wipe things down and rehang towels, etc. ourselves, so bedmaking is the part of housekeeping I'll miss the most.

jaklgreen

I don't need the sheets tucked back in on the sides, but my DH is a tall guy who flops and kicks and twists bedding around in his sleep, so remaking the bed - especially when it's a triple-sheeted arrangement - is a huge pain and we never get it quite right. We are otherwise pretty tidy and will wipe things down and rehang towels, etc. ourselves, so bedmaking is the part of housekeeping I'll miss the most.
I hate hotel bed sheets. That, and because I sometimes react to their detergents, is why I bring my own when I travel. I feel better stripping the bed and checking for bedbugs anyway. The benefit is that I get a good night's sleep with my own sheets and blanket. Nothing more miserable then having a bed with all of those loose sheets that get twisted around you at night. I am claustrophobic in the way that I can't have my legs trapped. So hotel bed sheets are hell to me. I can't imagine being "all tucked in" at night.

Ayla

I hate hotel bed sheets. That, and because I sometimes react to their detergents, is why I bring my own when I travel. I feel better stripping the bed and checking for bedbugs anyway. The benefit is that I get a good night's sleep with my own sheets and blanket. Nothing more miserable then having a bed with all of those loose sheets that get twisted around you at night. I am claustrophobic in the way that I can't have my legs trapped. So hotel bed sheets are hell to me. I can't imagine being "all tucked in" at night.
I can't imagine schlepping a suitcase on a plane so I can sleep in my own sheets and blankets. What a PIA.

jaklgreen

I can't imagine schlepping a suitcase on a plane so I can sleep in my own sheets and blankets. What a PIA.

Do you go with just the clothes on your back? Most people have a checked bag for their stay at WDW. I usually stay for about 2 weeks and bring a suitcase. The sheets fit fine in it with my clothes and toiletries. It's not like a need a separate suitcase for it. And it is well worth it to be able to actually sleep at night.

CaptainAmerica

You travel with your own sheets?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom