Resort housekeeping

jaklgreen

I guess we should of research the policy more before we made reservations. You would of thought the Disney travel would tell you these things. I would of thought the beds would be changed everyday not every third day. I could of accepted that not every 7 days

I have travelled all over the States and to several different Countries. I have never been in a hotel that actually changes the bed sheets every day. They will make the bed every day, but will change the sheets out every few days. Towels might be changed, depending on their location and what the housekeeper feels like doing. We have also been traveling to WDW for over 25 years and have never had the bed sheets changed daily. I don't believe that it is standard for any hotel to do this, with the exception of the most high end ones that most of us can not afford.

CaptainAmerica

I guess we should of research the policy more before we made reservations. You would of thought the Disney travel would tell you these things. I would of thought the beds would be changed everyday not every third day. I could of accepted that not every 7 days
You don't need to research anything, they tell you about a thousand times in the booking process. I agree that it's a problem bordering on unacceptable, but it shouldn't have been a surprise.

Goof-Man

Sheets have not been changed daily in a very very long time.
In the Disney book titled “Creating Magic” Lee mentions that it was apparently a mouse keeping team member who brought up the point about only changing sheets every 3-4 days. It has been in place for a very long time, but in a pre Covid era, if you asked for it to be done it would be.

pj4963

OK everyone you made your point. Shame on me for not knowing all the new rules at Disney.
All I can say is I was not told when I made my reservations all the changes and I spoke to several reps before we went.
I am not a child I just made a mistake. Thanks for setting me straight I will go stand in the corner LOL

DisAl

Two weeks ago at POP they emptied the trash, replaced the towels, and did a wipe down of the bathroom every other day. They don't make beds or do any other cleaning during your stay. According to their info they do a deep cleaning of the rooms between guests. The TV remote was even in a plastic bag.

Disone

Two weeks ago at POP they emptied the trash, replaced the towels, and did a wipe down of the bathroom every other day. They don't make beds or do any other cleaning during your stay. According to their info they do a deep cleaning of the rooms between guests. The TV remote was even in a plastic bag.
This is the current procedure for all the resorts now except for the Grand, which as of this week, now does the light service daily.

Hcalvert

I concluded my seven night stay at Copper Creek and I did not get my cleaning (even minimal), towels replaced, or bathroom toiletries replaced as indicated on day four. Super annoying.

Disone

I concluded my seven night stay at Copper Creek and I did not get my cleaning (even minimal), towels replaced, or bathroom toiletries replaced as indicated on day four. Super annoying.
If you were on DVC points you should have gotten a trash and towel service on day four.

If you were on cash in a regular room you should have just gotten a trash and towel service every other day.

Either way, based on your report, they missed it. Sorry:(

Lilofan

Wow, Disney is even saving money on payroll but not even needing cast to clean.

crawale

Housekeeping should be back to normal by now - I’ll give WDW the benefit of the doubt and assume it’s a staffing deficit and not cost-cutting.
Just returned from a 12 night stay at Beach Club. My grandson had a nose bleed and I requested the sheets be changed. When we returned in the evening same sheets were on the bed. When I called the front desk I was told that they could provide clean sheets but I would have to change them myself. I asked if one stayed for 2 weeks the sheets would only be changed on a do-it-yourself basis and was told that was correct. Disney is obviously milking the 'COVID excuse' fopr all it's worth. If I am going to pay premium prices then I expect premium service. I will never visit Disney again - they can keeo their dirty sheets!

crawale

I can't even imagine - why would they change the bedsheets every night for the same guest? What a waste of resources!

Make the bed every day? Sure! Change the sheets every day? Nope.
They say they don't change the bedsheets AT ALL. Never mind about every night. I think if you have a child with you who has an accident or nose bleed that justifies a change of sheets. I was told they would not change them during a 2 weeks stay and I am NOT OK with that. Maybe you sleep on the same sheets for weeks, I don't.

CaptainAmerica

They say they don't change the bedsheets AT ALL. Never mind about every night. I think if you have a child with you who has an accident or nose bleed that justifies a change of sheets. I was told they would not change them during a 2 weeks stay and I am NOT OK with that. Maybe you sleep on the same sheets for weeks, I don't.
You understand that this is a temporary measure due to COVID, correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom