Resort housekeeping

Raxel7851

You get exactly what the policy states when you make your reservation. I understand things are getting better with the pandemic, but the policy won’t change overnight. So you may have to clean up a little after the mess you made, or take some trash out. Big Deal!! Working on your vacation? Phuleeeeeeeeeze!!!

runnsally

You get exactly what the policy states when you make your reservation. I understand things are getting better with the pandemic, but the policy won’t change overnight. So you may have to clean up a little after the mess you made, or take some trash out. Big Deal!! Working on your vacation? Phuleeeeeeeeeze!!!
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect housekeeping to return, especially when other hotels at the same price point are currently providing typical, daily housekeeping. Not a dealbreaker for me, but an increase in service would be a huge bonus.

Figments Friend

Quick question for those who have recently checked in and are currently staying on Property -

When you check in, are your still asked if you want to 'op out / decline' Mousekeeping services?

Over the past couple of years, if you said 'yes' they would give you a $10 Disney Gift Card for each night of your stay. ( five night stay, $50, 6 day stay, $60, etc. )

Just curious if this is still being offered as it was last autumn when i was there for a visit.
Thanks in advance, friends.

-

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Quick question for those who have recently checked in and are currently staying on Property -

When you check in, are your still asked if you want to 'op out / decline' Mousekeeping services?

Over the past couple of years, if you said 'yes' they would give you a $10 Disney Gift Card for each night of your stay. ( five night stay, $50, 6 day stay, $60, etc. )

Just curious if this is still being offered as it was last autumn when i was there for a visit.
Thanks in advance, friends.

-

This isn't being offered anymore.

Ayla

Housekeeping did not enter my room in my most recent 5 day visit. Trash was not removed, no towels replenished and toiletries weren't replenished. I took out my own garbage, cleaned my bathroom and made the bed. You're welcome, Disney. :rolleyes: The inconsistency and lack of service is unacceptable.

There was zero service at all.

runnsally

Housekeeping did not enter my room in my most recent 5 day visit. Trash was not removed, no towels replenished and toiletries weren't replenished. I took out my own garbage, cleaned my bathroom and made the bed. You're welcome, Disney. :rolleyes: The inconsistency and lack of service is unacceptable.

Yikes! Which resort?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

Did you check in online in advance of your stay? I'm pretty sure even the every-other-day service is opt-in.

Weather_Lady

Did you check in online in advance of your stay? I'm pretty sure even the every-other-day service is opt-in.
That may have been the case at some point in the pandemic, but it isn't now, according to DME and the WDW website. They state that housekeeping is supposed to take place unless you opt out: "Your room will receive light housekeeping service every other day (unless you choose to decline the service). This service will include: [trash removal, replenishment of towels and amenities, wiping and cleaning of vanity and counter services, and 'vacuuming, if needed']."

There is an option to decline it with online check-in, but you have to affirmatively click on it: the default is a "yes" to housekeeping.

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

I just wanted to add to the conversation. This past weekend, I stayed at a small motel on Cape Cod. When I checked in, I was told they were offering full housekeeping with the option to opt out. If you chose to opt out, housekeeping would hang a bag from your doorknob each morning with fresh towels and toiletries. After removing the items, they asked you to put your dirty towels in the bag and leave it outside the door
I chose to have housekeeping and it was FULL service. Making beds, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom. It was delightful to come back to at the end of a long day. Hopefully Disney adds their full mousekeeping back soon!

Disone

It is not back to normal. It’s every other day and they just do light dusting and drop off towels and take trash. It says so on MDE.
It says so everywhere:) on MDE, any confirmation via snail mail or email, the website, they're very transparent about this.
Staying at GF and so far the room service has been consistent at every other day. Room is cleaned, trash taken away, towels replaced, soap replenished. The room needs to be unoccupied for them to service it. They do leave plastic bags to use as liners for the trash cans.
:)

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect housekeeping to return, especially when other hotels at the same price point are currently providing typical, daily housekeeping. Not a dealbreaker for me, but an increase in service would be a huge bonus.
Some are.... Many are not. More on that in a second....
Are they?
Depends on the brand.....
I just stayed at the Ritz Carlton Orlando & have also stayed at Four Season's during the pandemic and yes both are cleaning rooms daily. You can not be in the room however when they are cleaning.
Correct but the Four Seasons and the Ritz-Carlton specifically it's not a reflection of what in general Marriott branded hotels and Hilton branded hotels are doing.

Marriott has a whole sub website called "committed to clean". I don't think they are as up front and transparent as Disney as but if you read in between the lines and dig down far enough on that site you will find they don't get daily housekeeping service. Same for Hilton.

Hilton ceo has even speculated that you will not see a return to daily housekeeping services in the majority of the industry due to how it has streamlined costs. I was a little surprised he went on record saying that.

What Disney is doing is not a Disney exclusive. And it is not the case that the rest of the industry is returning to do housekeeping and Disney is refusing to do so.
That may have been the case at some point in the pandemic, but it isn't now, according to DME and the WDW website. They state that housekeeping is supposed to take place unless you opt out: "Your room will receive light housekeeping service every other day (unless you choose to decline the service). This service will include: [trash removal, replenishment of towels and amenities, wiping and cleaning of vanity and counter services, and 'vacuuming, if needed']."

There is an option to decline it with online check-in, but you have to affirmatively click on it: the default is a "yes" to housekeeping.

This is the post reopening housekeeping policy. It has not changed much since reopening. I anticipate there are some tweaks coming.

wdwfan22

It says so everywhere:) on MDE, any confirmation via snail mail or email, the website, they're very transparent about this.

:)

Some are.... Many are not. More on that in a second....

Depends on the brand.....

Correct but the Four Seasons and the Ritz-Carlton specifically it's not a reflection of what in general Marriott branded hotels and Hilton branded hotels are doing.

Marriott has a whole sub website called "committed to clean". I don't think they are as up front and transparent as Disney as but if you read in between the lines and dig down far enough on that site you will find they don't get daily housekeeping service. Same for Hilton.

Hilton ceo has even speculated that you will not see a return to daily housekeeping services in the majority of the industry due to how it has streamlined costs. I was a little surprised he went on record saying that.

What Disney is doing is not a Disney exclusive. And it is not the case that the rest of the industry is returning to do housekeeping and Disney is refusing to do so.

This is the post reopening housekeeping policy. It has not changed much since reopening. I anticipate there are some tweaks coming.
Hilton has already begun to offer housekeeping by request in most of their hotels. I can't imagine Marriott being far behind.

Disone

See below. But I've also seen Disney do this as well. I think that's why you get so many comments about Disney being inconsistent. Sometimes they miss it completely. Sometimes they give you a full service, but I would imagine that comes for the asking. And of course Sometimes they follow the schedule they advertise on their website.

Last edited:

Disone

Hilton has already begun to offer housekeeping by request in most of their hotels. I can't imagine Marriott being far behind.
I don't know that Hilton is officially offering that. It's certainly not on their website. It actually specifies that the waldorf-astoria and pacific Asian properties are the only properties that still will offer daily housekeeping service. Otherwise you can call and ask for additional amenities and Linens.

It's actually a the hilton ceo that does not anticipate the return to daily housekeeping service.

MJM

Honestly this is nonsense Disney. We are all well aware of what the CDC and the “science” says about contracting Covid and vacuuming someone’s resort room isn’t going to give anyone any virus. There is such a thing as disposable gloves (or even better for the environment: washable gloves!) so making beds, cleaning bathrooms and surfaces shouldn’t be of any issue at all. I agree with the posts above that this may have started as “safety measures” and has morphed into cost cutting strategies for Disney. If this doesn’t change, they can forget $800 a night for any deluxe resort room- who pays that to take out their own trash and clean their own hotel room?

MJM

You either have a spouse that does all that “clean up” for you when you visit WDW or your someone who doesn’t care about living in filth for a week on vacation. I know for my family of 4, our resort room gets pretty gross after a few days of all of us in one small area and I clean our house daily at home. Im not paying Disney deluxe resort prices to do that on my vacation. I’M ON VACATION. It’s completely unreasonable to charge those prices for no housekeeping services or even “light” housekeeping services. But it sounds like the light housekeeping actually means no housekeeping from the sound of it here

Mizner92

Honestly this is nonsense Disney. We are all well aware of what the CDC and the “science” says about contracting Covid and vacuuming someone’s resort room isn’t going to give anyone any virus. There is such a thing as disposable gloves (or even better for the environment: washable gloves!) so making beds, cleaning bathrooms and surfaces shouldn’t be of any issue at all. I agree with the posts above that this may have started as “safety measures” and has morphed into cost cutting strategies for Disney. If this doesn’t change, they can forget $800 a night for any deluxe resort room- who pays that to take out their own trash and clean their own hotel room?
Having any kind of empathy for the unique situations housekeeping cast encounter during a global emergency would be asking too much. They are human beings as well. Although I guess they could be thrown some rubber gloves as you said. The understanding and dynamics have changed with the disease—and now the national hiring situation. But that doesn’t completely erase the fear that a housekeeping person may feel entering a hotel room that could potentially be occupied by a family with covid.

Disone

The reason has nothing to do with vacuuming and gloves. Originally that was part of the reason but as our understanding grew the primary reason still remained.

It has everything to do with being indoors in someone's personal space for more than 15 minutes. Imagine you are not vaccinated and your housekeeper is positive for covid but doesn't know it because they are asymptomatic. They even passed the screening test.

You can agree or disagree whether a positive covid housekeeper who is asymptomatic and is in your room For more than 15 minutes is or is not an issue. But it's not about the vacuum or the gloves. This is not why the hotel industry is limiting housekeeping.

If I had to take a guess you will see Disney bring housekeeping back to the deluxe resort room. I don't know about the moderates. I assume the values will continue with the modified service. These are just guesses on my part though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom