Resort housekeeping

Lilofan

Thanks for letting us know it was your 6th time staying at a Deluxe Resort. You have me beat 4-2. Both of my stays were perfectly inline with the housekeeping guidelines. The housekeeping is the same wether you stay at a value resort or a deluxe resort. Exchanging towels and emptying trash on your own is no big deal. Once housekeeping staffing gets back to normal levels, perhaps things will be better on your next 6 stays.
I don't think this is correct. At GF which is a deluxe resort the bedsheets are changed everyday of a guest's stay. This is an exception.

Raxel7851

I don't think this is correct. At GF which is a deluxe resort the bedsheets are changed everyday of a guest's stay. This is an exception.
Well unless something changed within the last 2 weeks, you’re not getting your sheets changed everyday! Pre-Covid, linens were changed each day, even for Value and Moderate Resorts. But during the Covid period, linens aren’t changed daily.

EdnaMode

Thanks for letting us know it was your 6th time staying at a Deluxe Resort. You have me beat 4-2. Both of my stays were perfectly inline with the housekeeping guidelines. The housekeeping is the same wether you stay at a value resort or a deluxe resort. Exchanging towels and emptying trash on your own is no big deal. Once housekeeping staffing gets back to normal levels, perhaps things will be better on your next 6 stays.

The last time I didn't mention the resort (intentionally) someone said "I noticed you didn't mention the resort." 🤷‍♀️So I gave a bit more specific information this time so that people can set their expectations accordingly. And that expectation, based on six resort stays in the last 8 months or so, is that your housekeeping level may or not be what you were prepared for when you were presented with the modified housekeeping policy during your booking. Exchanging towels and emptying trash may be "no big deal" to you (and it really is "no big deal" for you if this service was provided for you by your housekeepers the last six times) but it may be a big deal to someone else, whether they are paying $100/night or $800/night. As I said, we cleaned our own room...and then we went out and had a good time. Others may feel very differently about doing this themselves but it's totally unfair to them to let them be convinced that someone will proactively collect their trash, exchange their towels, and/or resupply toiletries every other day when that is actually very inconsistent.

Last edited:

EdnaMode

I'd be interested to know which values and/or moderates have always changed linens daily and which have been consistently and proactively providing the modified housekeeping these last 10 months. People may want to consider hotels where towels are exchanged, trash is removed, toiletries are replenished and countertops are cleaned every other day....without asking. Which hotels are providing these services consistently?

Disone

I'd be interested to know which values and/or moderates have always changed linens daily and which have been consistently and proactively providing the modified housekeeping these last 10 months. People may want to consider hotels where towels are exchanged, trash is removed, toiletries are replenished and countertops are cleaned every other day....without asking. Which hotels are providing these services consistently?
None of the values or moderates changed Linens daily. Most of the Deluxes did not as well. Grand use to but stopped many years ago.

Currently none of the Disney resorts are offering a daily housekeeping service.

Prior to covid shutdown you would get daily housekeeping service in non DVC point reservations. This included vacuuming and remaking the beds daily. It did not include a linen change which would typically occur your fouth consecutive day.

Today what is supposed to happen is a trash and towel service every other day. If you're there for eight nights you will get a linen change after the 7th night.

They will of course change linens every time a room checks out before the new guest checks in.

As someone pointed out the Hilton website pretty much has the same policy but does leave the door open for you to call and ask for additional housekeeping services. Maybe once you check into your hotel you can do the same. I don't know if Disney will do it at the hotel you are at but it's worth asking. At worst they'll quote the policy and at best they will accommodate your request. You don't really have anything to lose for asking.

Raxel7851

None of the values or moderates changed Linens daily. Most of the Deluxes did not as well. Grand use to but stopped many years ago.

Currently none of the Disney resorts are offering a daily housekeeping service.

Prior to covid shutdown you would get daily housekeeping service in non DVC point reservations. This included vacuuming and remaking the beds daily. It did not include a linen change which would typically occur your fouth consecutive day.

Today what is supposed to happen is a trash and towel service every other day. If you're there for eight nights you will get a linen change after the 7th night.

They will of course change linens every time a room checks out before the new guest checks in.

As someone pointed out the Hilton website pretty much has the same policy but does leave the door open for you to call and ask for additional housekeeping services. Maybe once you check into your hotel you can do the same. I don't know if Disney will do it at the hotel you are at but it's worth asking. At worst they'll quote the policy and at best they will accommodate your request. You don't really have anything to lose for asking.
Disone, THANK YOU for the clear explanation of the housekeeping policy!! Now can someone PLEASE put this thread to rest!!

EdnaMode

I didn't really think so, but someone mentioned earlier that this used to be a daily service at values and moderates. They do a super-tight job of bedmaking in the resorts where we've stayed -- the beds can look very un-rumpled after the housekeeper makes them, so people might mistake a neat bed (and maybe fresh pillowcases) as a linen change.

Disney hotels have a formalized policy so I know what's supposed to happen. What I'm wondering about is what is happening. What (Disney) hotels actually are providing the modified housekeeping services? It would be great to know where people are going when they feel like they would just like someone to bring a few clean towels every other day.

Disone

By and large, most of the time what happens is exactly what the policy states. So that's going to be a trash and towel service every other day regardless of what resort at Disney you are staying at. With one exception, the grand is very soon going to go to a daily trash and towel service.

daisyduckie

Well unless something changed within the last 2 weeks, you’re not getting your sheets changed everyday! Pre-Covid, linens were changed each day, even for Value and Moderate Resorts. But during the Covid period, linens aren’t changed daily.

Not true. Sheets have not been changed daily for many many years.

peter11435

Sheets have not been changed daily in a very very long time.

Lilofan

Sheets have not been changed daily in a very very long time.
One item that rarely gets changed with thousands of guests sleeping on it and body oils, dirt, and who knows what are absorbed on it are the blankets and comforters in the hotel room. I sleep just with the clean sheets. If anyone thinks they are clean, they are kidding themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom