Reservation expansion

dreday3

If resort guests don't have to make reservations, doesn't that hurt the entire idea of being able to "control" amount of guests in each park?

For me personally, that wouldn't be an exciting perk. I want a monetary perk. :D

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
They just have to be careful with the dvc crowd who many have APs. Most would have resort reservations as well but still, the feeling among dvc members right now being respected for what they bought (a lot) into is NOT good
We've been DVC for a decade in November (wow!!) and each trip, we spend less and less time in the parks. Our trip next week we are only going for two days. The rest will be spent at the resort enjoying the pool, at Cocoa, or SeaWorld (if I can talk my parents into taking advantage of my comp tickets).

Disney Glimpses

They just have to be careful with the dvc crowd who many have APs. Most would have resort reservations as well but still, the feeling among dvc members right now being respected for what they bought (a lot) into is NOT good
DVC members with APs will have hybrid rules based on whether or not they are visiting with a resort reservation. Treated as a resort guest when on one, treated as an AP when not.

Edit: AFAIK, this wouldn't be limited to DVC members but all APs.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

Resort guests are what 20% of the gate right? Not only that, who do you think is most likely to have a dining reservation? Shouldn’t be a hard group to predict.
I think it's less about predictability and more about limiting capacity far below fire code limits and ensuring that the highest value guests do not lose access to lower value guests. As it stands right now due to the CA lawsuit, the opposite is true (resort guests lose reservations before APs).

Disney Glimpses

It's no different than it is now. AP holders get better reservations if they book a room over not booking one.
APs with resort reservations often do have better availability than other APs. But APs without resort reservations have better availability than day ticket guests with resort reservations (the vast, vast majority of resort guests).

For example, over the next 2-3 weeks resort guests can't visit MK (and often DHS) June 28-30, July 1-2, 5-7 and 11-13 - almost every day. Annual passholders can visit all parks on all of those days. July 3-4 unavailable for both.

This is by design and represents basically every 2-3 week period from any particular moment in time.

Resort guests:
1656432877595.png
1656432886488.png

APs:

1656432860120.png

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
APs with resort reservations often do have better availability than other APs. But APs without resort reservations have better availability than day ticket guests with resort reservations (the vast, vast majority of resort guests).

For example, over the next 2-3 weeks resort guests can't visit MK (and often DHS) June 28-30, July 1-2, 5-7 and 11-13 - almost every day. Annual passholders can visit all parks on all of those days. July 3-4 unavailable for both.

This is by design and represents basically every 2-3 week period from any particular moment in time.

Resort guests:
View attachment 649088View attachment 649089

APs:

View attachment 649087
But isn't this all kinda of meaningless when they "magically" add capacity availability at the literal last minute?

Disney Glimpses

But isn't this all kinda of meaningless when they "magically" add capacity availability at the literal last minute?
Haha, yeah I mean, they basically reallocate inventory to ensure that APs take the last of the reservations so that claims that they were artificially "blocked out" against contract terms cannot be made.

UNCgolf

If the project I mentioned comes to fruition, I anticipate park reservations will be needed for both first and second park visits in a single day. The hop may be able to be made earlier than 2pm. An early plan was for APs only, it’s now looking for all ticket holders.

As always I may be right. May be wrong. Don’t really care since I don’t do it for glory. I just mention what I hear when I can.

What if someone wanted to then hop to a third park? Would that not be allowed with a two parks per day maximum?

The 2 PM hopping limit is already one of the major reasons I don't have any current plans to go back -- anything that potentially restricts it further is just throwing gas on a fire.

mightynine

Disney CMs deserve more than a living wage. Minimum wage jobs deserve a living wage and Disney isn’t a minimum wage job. How can we expect top tier services when they aren’t hiring with top tier compensation?
And when that reputation is known in the local job market, well….

Disney Glimpses

What if someone wanted to then hop to a third park? Would that not be allowed with a two parks per day maximum?

The 2 PM hopping limit is already one of the major reasons I don't have any current plans to go back -- anything that potentially restricts it further is just throwing gas on a fire.
Exactly. Again, no disrespect to anyone but I do believe wires are crossed here. There is some stuff coming that kinda sounds/looks like this (but it really isn't this).

correcaminos

If the project I mentioned comes to fruition, I anticipate park reservations will be needed for both first and second park visits in a single day. The hop may be able to be made earlier than 2pm. An early plan was for APs only, it’s now looking for all ticket holders.

As always I may be right. May be wrong. Don’t really care since I don’t do it for glory. I just mention what I hear when I can.
Dear Disney if reading and this is true, you're about to lose people as park visitors. This is too complicated as it is and I want to know I can just go on a whim to a new park and not freaking schedule every moment of my day. This is stupid as all get out and I seriously hope that you are the one who is wrong.

pffft 3 parks is for newbs - 4 parks is for the really serious ones ;)

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
serious question.... do alot of people park hop and actually get to their 2nd park prior to 2pm... i always get a park hopper and honestly probably only use it 2 days maybe 3 but i dont think ive ever gotten to my 2nd park that early... possibly on my last full day before leaving if there are some rides we want to hit up before ending the trip at MK but for most part always after 2pm.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom