Reservation expansion

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Adding additional reservations doesn’t mean requiring additional reservations. And that’s where the wires are getting significantly crossed.
I appreciate you and @marni1971 providing information, but a lot of it is at times contradicting and not complete. While I understand you both can't reveal what may or may not be coming, but can either of you sort of give an outline as to what you believe is potentially coming?

dreday3

I appreciate you and @marni1971 providing information, but a lot of it is at times contradicting and not complete. While I understand you both can't reveal what may or may not be coming, but can either of you sort of give an outline as to what you believe is potentially coming?

I think really we all just have to wait until they officially announce anything because seems like things change all the way up to the last minute. Fun to speculate, but pointless in the end.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If the project I mentioned comes to fruition, I anticipate park reservations will be needed for both first and second park visits in a single day. The hop may be able to be made earlier than 2pm. An early plan was for APs only, it’s now looking for all ticket holders.

As always I may be right. May be wrong. Don’t really care since I don’t do it for glory. I just mention what I hear when I can.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
From what I understand, this isn’t the case but that additional reservations may be added when the park hopping pool isn’t expected to reach a certain threshold.

For example, if a park is fully reserved and then guests leave and the park hopping pool is relatively small, that’s money left on the table.
ah yes, the key word in all that Disney focuses on now

“money”

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
If the project I mentioned comes to fruition, I anticipate park reservations will be needed for both first and second park visits in a single day. The hop may be able to be made earlier than 2pm. An early plan was for APs only, it’s now looking for all ticket holders.

As always I may be right. May be wrong. Don’t really care since I don’t do it for glory. I just mention what I hear when I can.

From what I understand, this isn’t the case but that additional reservations may be added when the park hopping pool isn’t expected to reach a certain threshold.

For example, if a park is fully reserved and then guests leave and the park hopping pool is relatively small, that’s money left on the table.

Do you believe they will try to monetize this? Or will it be a crumb left for guests?

Disney Glimpses

It’s just that it’s a big operation with different types of guests and so many caveats that small pieces of information can get distorted and end up misrepresenting the broader scenario. I believe that’s what’s happening here.

mmascari

So while I agree, much of this stuff is temporary to address labor shortages.
They've been reopened for 2 years. That's 24 months reopened after 4 months shutdown. At some point this is just a crutch for making poor decisions.

It's like any other company that has an open job request for a year, or who "temporarily" delays filling a job for year because of budget issues. We've probably all worked for one that's done this type of thing. Those are all really decisions to just work with less staff.

aladdin2007

Disney has become so nasty both from the top at the board level, down to how parks are managed into a communism state, its just not worth it or enjoyable anymore. Seaworld and the others have been a breath of fresh air. No stupid reservations needed, no phone required etc, merch unrestricted to more than 2 items, no 7am arrival requirement or whatever junk it is just to win a lottery to board a ride from a inferior app system etc..

mysto

Sure, but they don’t like the upwards of 20,000 guests that attempt to scan in daily without a reservation.

OMG I had no idea that was going on on this scale. Casual parkgoers must be mystified by this, I can't believe it's an attempt to bypass the reservations? AP's in protest? This must really create some quicksand at the turnstiles.

I really hate it when I choose the wrong turnstile, they must all be wrong now, levels the playing field.

bhg469

They've been reopened for 2 years. That's 24 months reopened after 4 months shutdown. At some point this is just a crutch for making poor decisions.

It's like any other company that has an open job request for a year, or who "temporarily" delays filling a job for year because of budget issues. We've probably all worked for one that's done this type of thing. Those are all really decisions to just work with less staff.
I agree with you to a certain extent. The local radio is constantly playing Ads for hiring events for WDW. They probably do have a real shortage. I assume a good amount of their previous staff has moved on to bigger and better things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom