Rescue Rangers

kevlightyear

Original Poster
I have a question for anyone out there. I can remember when I was very young going to see a stage show in Mickey's Toontown fair--it was called something else then--that had the characters from the Rescue Rangers as the play's characters. All I can remember is that there was a safe and someone got trapped in it. They had to blow up the safe or something to get them out. That is all I can remember, I don't know what it was called or where exactly it was. If anyone knows anything about it, it would be appreciated. Thanks

The Mom

Premium Member
I remember the show. It was Mickey's Birthday Party.(I'm not sure if that was the actual name) Minnie & friends were having a surprise party, and things went wrong. After the show, there was a party themed area & then you got to meet Mickey. Anyone remember anything else?

sillyspook13

I think you guys are talking about the Disney Afternoon show when the place was called Mickey's Starland. It had characters from all of the Disney Afternoon shows. I remember the show well-only because when I was younger, Goof Troop was my favorite show.:cool:

Brett

I remember that show vividly because when I was young, nothing could beat Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck :p

"I am the terror who flaps in the night...."

Tramp

I have the entire show on video tape so, when I finally get my lazy butt around to getting a new computer with a decent video card, I'll post all the clips you want!

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tramp
I have the entire show on video tape so, when I finally get my lazy butt around to getting a new computer with a decent video card, I'll post all the clips you want!

Just what I wanted to hear Tramp! Thanks a lot. I really don't remember much about the show, I can't wait to see them.

sillyspook13

Originally posted by Brett
I remember that show vividly because when I was young, nothing could beat Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck :p

"I am the terror who flaps in the night...."
"Darkwing duck! When there's trouble you call DW!"

Of course, how could anybody forget?

Disney Maniac

Yeah, I remeber the show. It was about the Disney Afternoon and a suprise birthday party for Mickey. The only detail that I remember, for whatever reason, is Chip and Dale using flowers instead of flour in helping to bake Mickey's birthday cake. Everybody was featured, Darkwing Duck, Launch Pad, Goofy, Max, all those guys. It was a blast!

M

Mr Lightbeer

I remember the show really well, as this was the first time we took our eldest child to Disney, Can any one remember the girl singer's name she did a pretty good impression of Madonna, but I think her name was T J . I could check it out on the video but I'm sure you guys will remember. :) :)

Tramp

Mr. Lightbeer....lol...it was either T.J. or C.J.....i could dig out the tape over the weekend and check it out. I only wish I had HALF the energy of that girl. The way she bounced around on the stage made my old knees hurt.

I liked the way she went interactive with the audience... constantly asking the audience if they saw Mickey...and the kids would scream and point. My daughter was only 2.5 years at the time but she loved that show, particularly cuz she was wild about Dark Wing Duck and he wasn't featured anywhere else in the park.

I remember that after the show ended, we moved to another section of the tent and there was a huge birthday cake for Mickey.......Minnie and Goofy and someothers were there too and they sang that birthday song that was mentioned earlier......

I wish i was able to post some of those clips so everyone could see them.

M

Mr Lightbeer

Mickey's Starland you fool ;)

Attachments

• steamboatwillie.gif
    steamboatwillie.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 126
M

Mr Lightbeer

Look I don't want to argue about this,it was called Mickey's Starland.Do you want to fight or what pal,just name the time and place,and I'll be there (with a few mates in case you're big ) lol

Yes it may have been called Birthdayland,we were there Sep 91 when it was called Starland so if you had been there prior to then ,you'd know better than us.It was a good show too.

markymark

1st visit was April '91, and I am beginning to doubt myself now!!
Of course I don't want to fight, I am a peace lovin' guy. Maybe it was called Birthdayland when I went, and they changed it before you got there. I think it was built to celebrate MM's 60th Birthday (thats Mickey Mouse, by the way, not me). I am sure once our transatlintic chums awake from their slumber they will put us (sorry, me) right.

M

Mr Lightbeer

Mrs Lightbeer talkin now.

Boys, Boys no fighting please, If you want to know the facts just as a lady!!
1988 Mickey's Birthdayland opened
1989 Mickey's Birthday land replaced with Mickey's Starland
1996 Mickey's Starland replaced with Mickey's Toontown Fair

and before you ask NO I didn't get this information from page 42 of Birnbaum's Walt Disney World Guide 2001.:p

markymark

Why thankyou good lady!

So we were both right - RESULT!!

Plus, it has distracted you from my snail like deduction of the "Lime" situation.

Thanks again Senora (?) Cerveza Ligera.

ps - sorry it was April 1990 I first went (see told you I was a bit slow this morning!!)

The Mom

Premium Member
Mr Lightbeer, Thank you so much for the info on the Mickey's Starland/Birthdayland question. I was really starting to question my memory (which seems to be failing more & more these days) because I was there for all of the incarnations. At least I know I'm not imagining things!

The Mom

Premium Member
"Sometimes, some crimes, keep falling through the cracks. But these two, gumshoes, keep picking up the slack........Ch-ch-ch-Chip & Dale, Rescue Rangers.....Ch-ch-ch-Chip & Dale"
Anyone with corrections or additions please join in!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom