Reporting from WDI

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Here we go again:

- Per request, here's a report on the pop-up ghosts in the attic scene at Haunted Mansion in Magic Kingdom. First of all, the entire scene right now is gone. The bride is being replaced, the pop-up ghosts and their mechanisms are gone... everything - gutted. The pop-ups are being replaced by new suitors who will operate at an angle so that they come towards the omnimovers before "disappearing." To compensate for the more startling appearance of these ghosts, the characters have been made made to look less frightful as they come towards you... during the day. *The rest as been removed as an afterthought due to my not wanting to reveal any new story plots*

- Interested in knowing why Magic Kingdom hasn't had any public leaks or discussions as to future E-Tickets to be built? The reason is that the refurb for Space Mountain scheduled for late next year and beyond is going to cost mucho dinero (exact refurb dates to be determined), and is equivalent to what an ordinary E-Ticket ride would feature as its budget. However, I am getting a look later next week at some concepts for the next new E-Ticket to be built for MK... the location is already designated and will once again be outside the railroad tracks.

- While Rock'n Roller Coaster is down, we've taken the opportunity to switch out the license plates on the trains. CMs may or may not be aware of this, but we've had reports of small, unrelated groups wanting the sick thrill of riding in the exact seat in which the young boy passed away while riding R'nRC (due to an unknown heart defect). While this isn't going to be widely broadcast - for obvious reasons - we can take comfort in knowing that this morbid goal is pretty much unattainable now.

- One thing we're currently working on is designing a new martial arts show which will prominently feature one singular style of martial art. This is something we've wanted to do for a while, so several of us are pretty happy about it.

- A very prominant imagineer is heading up a new E-Ticket ride for the World Showcase. The ride concept is simply awesome and I'll share some very, very vague nuggets with you in my next post. If this one is approved, it won't be open for at least the next 4 years though, so don't get too excited just yet.

Eat your salt, but don't forget the sugar :)

- A very prominant imagineer is heading up a new E-Ticket ride for the World Showcase. The ride concept is simply awesome and I'll share some very, very vague nuggets with you in my next post. If this one is approved, it won't be open for at least the next 4 years though, so don't get too excited just yet.

Eat your salt, but don't forget the sugar :)
When will your "next post" be?

jayhawk2307

Thanks for the update. And please do keep giving us this very juicey insite. Since you have so much insite do you possibly know if the rumors of the Epcot wand being removed are true or not?

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
When will your "next post" be?

Thanks for the update. And please do keep giving us this very juicey insite. Since you have so much insite do you possibly know if the rumors of the Epcot wand being removed are true or not?

Checked this right as I was going to bed, and I can't believe I forgot that. I was going to include that in my post.

The wand cometh down in winter - spring depeding on EPCOT park management and when they decide. And by the way, I LOVE Epcot (uncapitalized so I ride the fence perfectly) management. Just off the cuff, I enjoy working with the waterpark guys too. Not that I don't enjoy everyone else lol!

Enigma

Account Suspended
This guy is full of it. There are several proposals for e-tickets at Magic Kingdom and right now one of the leading contenders is a Narnia E-ticket with a posible miniland that would take over a big chunk of fantasyland (from ariels grotto and pooh's playground and the former 20k spot).

Second of all the replacement for the pop up ghosts in the attic are paintings where the heads disappear just like in Disneyland's new attic. There will be no pop up ghosts or anything of the sort in the new attic.

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
This guy is full of it. There are several proposals for e-tickets at Magic Kingdom and right now one of the leading contenders is a Narnia E-ticket with a posible miniland that would take over a big chunk of fantasyland (from ariels grotto and pooh's playground and the former 20k spot).

There are several proposals for E-ticket rides for Magic Kingdom, and they are all designed for one location. I have said exactly that. The 20,000 leagues area has had numerous concepts and ideas that have been bandied about, and to tell you the truth, I'm really not sure what is going there. I can tell you with absolute assurity, however, that it WILL NOT be an E-ticket ride.

I don't know where you work at WDW (although I gather that you do), but I would suspect that you're not in the know if you think Narnia is going in that location. There is a very strict imagineering rule for fantasyland - not many people would know about it - and it does not allow for Narnia to go in that locale.

Enigma said:
Second of all the replacement for the pop up ghosts in the attic are paintings where the heads disappear just like in Disneyland's new attic. There will be no pop up ghosts or anything of the sort in the new attic.

I'd very much like to know where you're getting your information. I've seen the blueprints and layouts for the new attic - have you?

jayhawk2307

Checked this right as I was going to bed, and I can't believe I forgot that. I was going to include that in my post.

The wand cometh down in winter - spring depeding on EPCOT park management and when they decide. And by the way, I LOVE Epcot (uncapitalized so I ride the fence perfectly) management. Just off the cuff, I enjoy working with the waterpark guys too. Not that I don't enjoy everyone else lol!

:eek: :eek: Wow I can't believe they are acually going to get rid of the wand. I know that there were posts on this but I always thought they were just rumors.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It doesn't need to be an E-ticket. If they put in Casey Jr and Storybookland Canal Boats I'd be the happiest merf ever.

:king: *Loves Casey Jr.* :king:

SDav10495

Ha, I wasn't going to open my mouth again about the wand because, as much as I hate it, I don't want to sound like it's the only thing I care about...but this post got me interested. I have to ask, why nothing until winter or spring? It's not a complaint, I'm just curious as to why they wouldn't try for the ride's autumn re-opening as has been speculated...why put cranes up again only weeks or months after they've freshened up the ride? Now that the money is set aside, is there anything we don't know about that's holding them back?

Oh and, not that I expect you'll share anything more in this post, but...any info about the rehab of SSE itself?

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ha, I wasn't going to open my mouth again about the wand because, as much as I hate it, I don't want to sound like it's the only thing I care about...but this post got me interested. I have to ask, why nothing until winter or spring? It's not a complaint, I'm just curious as to why they wouldn't try for the ride's autumn re-opening as has been speculated...why put cranes up again only weeks or months after they've freshened up the ride? Now that the money is set aside, is there anything we don't know about that's holding them back?

Oh and, not that I expect you'll share anything more in this post, but...any info about the rehab of SSE itself?

I'm just guessing as to why it's not coming down this autumn, but I would think that it's not on the same budget as the actual refurb. In that case, the monies are pretty much all locked up for the rest of the fiscal year for Epcot.

Nothing on the SSE rehab at this time...

Enigma

Account Suspended
There are several proposals for E-ticket rides for Magic Kingdom, and they are all designed for one location. I have said exactly that. The 20,000 leagues area has had numerous concepts and ideas that have been bandied about, and to tell you the truth, I'm really not sure what is going there. I can tell you with absolute assurity, however, that it WILL NOT be an E-ticket ride.

I don't know where you work at WDW (although I gather that you do), but I would suspect that you're not in the know if you think Narnia is going in that location. There is a very strict imagineering rule for fantasyland - not many people would know about it - and it does not allow for Narnia to go in that locale.

like the rule that says no cheap cartoon tie-ins in tomorrowland? Ive never heard of such rules and even if they exist im sure the marketing dept. and burbank will break such rules to ensure synergy.

I'd very much like to know where you're getting your information. I've seen the blueprints and layouts for the new attic - have you?

No I haven't seen the blueprints but a good friend of mine has. I asked about the mansion and specifically the attic and I was told the new attic will be pretty much identical to california's new attic except that our bride is going to be slightly more sophisticated than the Constance in disneyland.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'm just guessing as to why it's not coming down this autumn, but I would think that it's not on the same budget as the actual refurb. In that case, the monies are pretty much all locked up for the rest of the fiscal year for Epcot.

Nothing on the SSE rehab at this time...

I think a more accurate phrasing would be "not from the same budget." The way I heard it, that was Tom Fitzgerald's last stand.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
And in this bickering we're all forgetting the important thing here...

Casey Jr totally needs to be built somewhere at WDW!

jedimaster1227

20,000 Leagues' area will not be used for much within the next 5 years until a *full* budget has been attained. The final attraction that will go in there will be fantastic- well worth the budget, and the wait.

As for the Haunted Mansion, the layout is nice and simple from what I have seen, and yes, I too have heard of the new pop up ghosts. We will not adopt all aspects from the Disneyland version's update (we will get our own). I'm sure you don't want me to ruin your "next post" spoiler... Though it isn't the first time I have heard of the "after dark specials" (two have been shown to me and a third has been given a full description)... None of them have yet to premier in the form that they were designed to be shown... Right now, the experiment isn't going as well as you'd think... And we partially have the Disneyland Resort to blame for that...

Now, on to the World Showcase topic... I have seen a few blueprints and conceptual layouts, but nothing concrete (as you said, it is more than a few years out). The space to be used for this long-awaited attraction has been long looked at by management... In fact, they held a survey there not too too long ago (maybe back in December/January) [if my memory serves me correctly] to see how much space they really had to work with...

Jarboe

So, I just wanted to speculate a little bit about the "Fantasyland Rule." Must ALL Fantasyland attractions only draw their theming from a palate of characters completely owned by Disney? I was going to say created by, but of course then why would Pooh be there. And, perhaps, must they have been animated? The only two exceptions I can think of are Small World and the Sky Way, but one could stretch that Small World encompasses Disney characters...by Ms. Blair from around the world...and will perhaps always be somewhat of an exception. And...I'm not even getting into Disneyland's exceptions to my hypothetical rule...but perhaps those attractions (Small World and Sky Way included) were created before this rule was in place? I'm a bit curious, thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom