Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Exciting news! Thanks @marni1971. Do you know if something like this would happen to the railroad?
20130909080340286.jpg

I don't believe it should bother the railroad much. After construction.

Where is the info that Speedway is getting electric cars coming from?!
It's a probability.

UpAllNight

What concerns me is Disney need to spend money on Space and this seems all to convenient. Plus they've dabbled in changing Space across the planet with these Hperspace Mountain changes.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It's a Vekoma Bike coaster. Look them up, there's one 2 hours from me here in the UK. It's nicely themed, but that doesn't mean it's innovative.
I get it, the ride vehicle is similar but I don't judge rides based off the vehicles. I judge them on theme, sounds, thrills and yes innovation.

nickys

Premium Member
If this is going to be a Space Mountain "refurb" / overlay / whatever you want to call it, that could mean much of Tomorrowland being closed for quite some time. Including the people mover. Thinking the building would have to double in size?

And Martin was right, people will be shocked. I can't quite get my head round it :eek:

redshoesrock

And I have no idea where you're coming up with your cultural opinion. I never saw anyone freaking out about riding over the course of many days and many rides.

I have friends who helped build Tron and also friends who helped open Tron. Both, who don't know each other, gave me the same reason as to why part of Tron is outside. I'm inclined to believe them.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wth. Then where could it possibly fit if not by storybook circus?

Marni- I'm sure it's a whirlwind for you right now- so appreciate the updates. But I'm so insanely confused I don't even know where to start.

IMG_7737.JPG

I shouldn't say anymore. And I apologise if I've missed any questions I can answer. My alert notifications has kind of gone stratosphoric.

UpAllNight

I get it, the ride vehicle is similar but I don't judge rides based off the vehicles. I judge them on theme, sounds, thrills and yes innovation.

Define the innovation with Tron. I don't want to come across like I don't want it...I really do, but let's be honest

Ride system - Not innovative by any means
Theme - Nice & well implemented
Use of Screens - Hulk
Sound System - Space, Rock n Rollercoaster

Innovative implies it's something new...something groundbreaking. I don't see it here at all. Just a nice coaster with a very well implemented theme and a thrill level perhaps a bit ahead of most things Disney offer.

SplashJacket

I have resurrected. I'm thinking the Speedway would fit nicely next to Tron with a retheme of a bustling street in Asia. They could pump in artificial noise to add to the kinetic energy in Tomorrowland. Though Tron zooming past will already do that.
neon-lights-on-nanjing-road-at-night-shanghai-china-A0D982.jpg

A cheaper alternative with less facade clutter is making the road illuminate as you are about to go on it or just permanently on.
298735682_6796793807_z.jpg

Or just add a bunch of Purple Bluish lighting similar to Tron. Or to incorporate the building of Tron throughout it to add depth.

Though my master plan would be to separate Tron, the Speedway, and a Big Hero 6 D-Ticket into a mini land. This idea is a bit farfetched, though farfetched is saying Guardians would be in Epcot and Tron in Tommowland and not vice versa... It would be a way to face lift that section of Tomorrowland and give the Speedway a place in the park.Tron may not fit the best, though Tomorrowland has lost its meaning. Tron may return that meaning though it would be an immersive transformation between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. Big Hero 6 is set in the future (I think???) Maybe after San Franciso falls off the tectonic shelf and merges with Tokyo??? I have no idea. The fact of the matter is leaving it as Tomorrowland would still fit. This will never happen. Unfortunately, or for the better. As for DSNY Newscast, please do not make a video of this idea. <3
maxresdefault.jpg

PorterRedkey

WDWRR is safe from what I know. Which isn't everything.
So no RR removal, and you stated that SM should be safe (THANK GOD!). Also that it would be the biggest change to that area since 1980 and 1992. Tomorrowland's big changes were in 1975 (Space Moutain) and in the late 94/95 (ExtraTERRORestrial Encounter, Spaceport theme). However, BTMRR opened in 1980 at WDW and Splash Mtn opened in 1992. This seems to be implying that you are not talking about Tomorrowland at all.

Could that area you spoke of be Frontierland? Not for Tron, but for something?

Is there a Frontierland expansion of the table or am I reading to deeply into this?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

Tony the Tigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom