Replace WoL with updated Horizons sponsored by Microsoft

Daneault

well considering the pixar/mac connection, microsoft wouldnt make much sense to me.

Indeed with Steve Jobs as the largest single shareholder of Disney Corp I don't know if MS would like to sponsor a ride :p

But i really like the idea of bringing back Horizon with major technological sponsors. Like apple, MS, intel, amd, hp, ibm, google, cisco, dell... that would be sweet.

Magic Maker

Although I believe in keep moving forward, Horizons had a very special place in my heart. It was by FAR my favorite attraction. I think a Horizons 2.0 would be loverly. Yes SSE does that -ish, it is more commical, nothing in SEE truly celebrate in full detail what the possibilities are... and with terrorism, politics, complete loss of family morals and values, and gas prices going up the world needs something to give us hope about what the future could bring.

Yankeeplex

Original Poster
Unless Jobs wants to step up to the place and put Apple's name on it, you usually go with the company that ponies up the jingle. A Cisco type, with all of their networking prowess, would be a perfect example to show their fiber optic capabilities...just a thought.

Yankeeplex

Original Poster
They could call it Horizons Air...Thin as a reem of paper, but you need to attach the rides on the back because there is no room for storage, just like the computer.

Testtrack321

The biggest problem with all these ideas is that it assumes that the majority of the general public like long, information filled, omnimover dark rides. They don't.

Thank you, good night everyone!

SiriusBlack

The biggest problem with all these ideas is that it assumes that the majority of the general public like long, information filled, omnimover dark rides. They don't.

Agreed. Though Epcot has gained a few thrills recently, personally I still don't think it has any rides that compare with the top rides at other parks(though I know some of you would disagree with me). I believe they can add a somewhat informative ride, but if they put a lot of money into a new ride it needs to offer pretty large thrills as well.

PaisleyMF

So lets see:

Move CoP to Epcot... Check
Get Apple, Cisco, MS, Intel, Panasonic or Sony or even Semens... Check
Bouncy Jinge... Check how about the Original MK version of CoP song...
Retrofit WoL pavillion... and we got ourself a cool pavillion.

Now one question, wouldn't this conflict with thw vision of Innoventions?

CThaddeus

No, they like spending $70 to do the same stuff in a small car as they do in their big car at home. But, hey, it goes fast at the end, right? So it must be cool. Grand Prix Raceway at the Magic Kingdom is more fun. At least you actually get to "control" it.
I'm all for World of Motion 2.0, Horizons 2.0, and Journey Into Imagination 4.0. Where do I sign up?

haveyoumetmark

I guess this all works out how it's 'planned' then. Microsoft sponsoring backwards technology. Why move into the future when you can rebuild a 20 year old ride and get it sponsored by arguably one of the least innovative companies in the industry? Can't wait to ride that. :rolleyes:

PaisleyMF

I guess this all works out how it's 'planned' then. Microsoft sponsoring backwards technology. Why move into the future when you can rebuild a 20 year old ride and get it sponsored by arguably one of the least innovative companies in the industry? Can't wait to ride that. :rolleyes:

After all isn't what some Windows Vista users are downgrading to XP?

Now i would love to see EVE be the host of an Apple Attraction at Epcot.

Timmay

No, that isn't the assumption at all. The folks with the "ideas" simply don't care what the general public likes.

I'm all for World of Motion 2.0, Horizons 2.0, and Journey Into Imagination 4.0. Where do I sign up?

Not at Epcot.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom