Replace WoL with updated Horizons sponsored by Microsoft

Yankeeplex

Original Poster
What is probably needed is to bring a major player in the information/communication world...Verizon!!! It would seem to me that they would be a perfect partner in bringing new and exciting technology without having to hit alt...control...delete to get the task manager up when the ride crashes. They are pretty universally respected, they haven't ticked off millions of users, they don't have anybody downgrading their service, and they would show off their future wares. Verizon has their hands in just about everything...partner with an Oracle or a Cisco and you have deep pockets and people who are willing to take a swing at tomorrows technology.

EPCOT Explorer

Horizons was a barren wasteland devoid of sentient life in its final years. SSE 2.0 is "the New Horizons" in a manner of speaking, more about progress and the future than its former theme of communication.

As inspirational and loved as Horizons was, it isn't coming back- a resurrection is now merely a fanboy's wet dream. :shrug:
!!!:shrug:
I think of Dubbz a little differently now... :lookaroun
HEY!:fork::fork::fork:
:lol:

Fun2BFree

!!!:shrug:

For something concerned about the future and progress, why does everyone want Disney to bring back an outdated and (to many) boring ride that was like a ghost-town in its final years? One thing's for sure: Disney didn't close Horizons because it had too many people riding it.

Enjoy SSE 4.0- it's all we're getting.

CThaddeus

Lets have a Google ride

Touch screens AND a keyboard for internet searches! Sounds like the next big Disney attraction to me. Here's an advance temp script for the touch screens:

Do you prefer Yahoo, Google, or MSN?
Do you prefer the internet for fun, business, , or all three?
Do you prefer to drink coffee or Coke when surfing the 'net?
Do you dress up to go online or do you prefer to be in the buff?
Do you like to have lunch with nice people or have nice people for lunch?

After answering a few more questions, you are then told which website you're most like and are given the opportunity to check out a few websites (no , Trekkie Monster!) for free. The ride ends with Jack Sparrow explaining the negative ramifications of being an "internet pirate." Of course, photos of yourself touching the screen are available at the exit for $34.95.

Yankeeplex

Original Poster
Once Horizons lost their GE sponsorship, it basically became a seasonal attraction...kind of hard to get people to ride it if they don't even know it is even open...I am not looking for them to bring back horizons, but bring in something that takes the premise and takes it to a new level. Think of the possibilities that a new company with the technological know how to take the new future of our society. That is what EPCOT was all about...the future.

Legacy

Once Horizons lost their GE sponsorship, it basically became a seasonal attraction...kind of hard to get people to ride it if they don't even know it is even open...I am not looking for them to bring back horizons, but bring in something that takes the premise and takes it to a new level. Think of the possibilities that a new company with the technological know how to take the new future of our society. That is what EPCOT was all about...the future.
Oh geesh, not this again.

Someone get Epcot Explorer in here...

MickeyspalJim

I wish they'd make a new Horizons. I also wish they'd tear down Test Track and rebuild World of Motion....
While I do like Test Track, I wish I could remember what World of Motion was like. I did not get to WDW from 1989-1998, so My memories of earlier EPCOT are blank. I had not been to EPCOT from opening day until the summer of 1988, so I must have missed alot of cool things back then. I really Love EPCOT Too!

Legacy

While I do like Test Track, I wish I could remember what World of Motion was like. I did not get to WDW from 1989-1998, so My memories of earlier EPCOT are blank. I had not been to EPCOT from opening day until the summer of 1988, so I must have missed alot of cool things back then. I really Love EPCOT Too!
What was World of Motion like?

Slow moving omnimover... just like Spaceship Earth.

KaliSplash

I loved both World of Motion and Horizons. I wish that Test Track and Mission:Space had been additions, but not replacements.

But the reality is, not as many people were riding either of the originals. That's why they closed. That ship has sailed (much to my regret) and is not coming back.

Yes, we do need something new, particularly in the Wonders Of Life Pavilion (all of those attractions I loved as well, especially Cranium Command). That ship has sailed and is not coming back.

So let's eagerly await what does come. I'm sure the Imagineers have thought of something !

EPCOT Explorer

Oh geesh, not this again.

Someone get Epcot Explorer in here...
:wave::lol:

I would argue but,I already said it,We have SSE for futurism.Unfortunatly, that means the theme of Communication is gone from EPCOT,and that's a pretty vital one.Why not make WoL a Communication pavilion sponcered by Apple(iPhone anyone?)?

Of course SSE has it's issues,but....That's for another thread.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom