Repeat Visitor

mgraef

I just got back from a wonderful week at POFQ and I cannot believe that I am thinking about going back already.

I admit I wondered about how some could go year in and year out, but I am falling into this situation myself. This was our second year in a row, and I would not be surprised to find myself there next year as well.

I am sure that many of you can relate.

Strange how these things happen!

mg

Matpez

Be Careful... I went in March 2003, May 2005, May 2006 then I moved from NY to FL and now I have an AP and have gone at least once each month (at least 3 day trips) since July! :)

Upvote 0

goofyfamily

I know how you feal we went in Sept. 2002, and thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip. Next we went Sept 2004, 2005, and just returned October 2006. I am all ready thinking about next year. I never thought we would go every year either but it happens. What can I say as long as you are a kid at heart keep going.

Upvote 0

blackerbys17

Ah yes, welcome to the fold!:lol:

Let's see, so far this year we went in Jan., in April (for DH's Bday), in May (for Mother's Day), in Jun. (twice! Once for my Bday, the other for a business trip), in July (for DS's Bday), in Sept., (for Labor Day), in Oct. (for Halloween and youngest DS's Bday party at Epcot), and we have 1 more trip left this year in Dec. for Xmas! So, that is 9 trips in total!!!:eek:

Mind you, we only live 3.5-4 hours away and we are AP holders but that is a lot of trips! Even worse, I already have 2 more trips planned besides the Xmas one. I have another business trip in Jan. and in March, DH and I are renewing our vows for our 5th wedding anniversary!

What can I say, I am a total Disney addict!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

sleepybear

I was thinking the same thing this morning. It used to be that I would go with my family every six years because that guaranteed there would always be new things to see and do. But now I've gone once a year for the past three years. And it looks like in 2007 we might go twice. How long will it be before I'm going three, four or five times a year?

Does the Betty Ford Clinic have a wing for WDW addicts? Because I'm hooked.

Upvote 0

meryll83

I have such a problem, there are soooo many places I'd like to go on holiday, but I always get distracted by the need to go back to WDW!!!

Trying to do alternate Disney and non-Disney holidays for now..... wean myself off it....hmmmm...................

Upvote 0

Imaginationeer

First it's once a year, then its twice a year, then you go quarterly, then you go on weekends, then you move to Orlando, then you buy $100,000 worth of pins, then the CM's know your name, then you bother everyone by qouting the entire monorail speil WHILE on the monorail, then...

Stop me at any time...:hammer:

Upvote 0

MSTINKHERBELL01

My family and I visit once/twice a month. In October we ended up visiting 2x. Addicted much?! Yeah! We have been doing the once a month visits for the last 3 years and love it so so much!

Truthfully, people ask us what we could be doing every month that we havent already done...and our answer is always the same...We love the magic..that feeling that only Disney gives you. There is always new magic for us each time we visit.

Toodles!

Upvote 0

bordesley

The first time my wife and I went we seemed to be about the only ones on the plane we spoke to going for our first time. Everyone else was bragging how many times they'd been. We couldn't quite understand it, after all there are plenty more places to go in the world.

We have been 7 times now in 8 years and went to Disneyland Paris the other year. It gets you like that, it is what you wish life was like all the time and Florida has so much to offer.

So 3 times in 3 years is just the start of a mad obsession, trust us :)

Upvote 0

davinakb

First it's once a year, then its twice a year, then you go quarterly, then you go on weekends, then you move to Orlando, then you buy $100,000 worth of pins, then the CM's know your name, then you bother everyone by qouting the entire monorail speil WHILE on the monorail, then... Stop me at any time...:hammer:
You're sounding a lot like someone I know.. wait.. it's me. Don't live there, but have been recognized by a CM from a previous trip. We're 6-7 hours away, and done 2-3 trips a year since 2001. Been lucky to have a few "business" trips in there, just love in when that conference is in Orlando. Next trip: spring for a Princess & Pirate Party.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
And it just gets worse...

Or is that better?

We've been every year but one since 2000 and this February we'll be doing the first of four planned trips on our first APs...

DS11 was 5 our first trip. He just shakes his head at me [I think he's realized these trips aren't just for his benefit :lookaroun]

Coming from Canada it's a bit more problematic to get there, but we'll fly down for the February '07 and '08 trips and drive in June and August '07...

Now... if I could just afford a nice house in Celebration.... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Or is that better?

We've been every year but one since 2000 and this February we'll be doing the first of four planned trips on our first APs...

DS11 was 5 our first trip. He just shakes his head at me [I think he's realized these trips aren't just for his benefit :lookaroun]

Coming from Canada it's a bit more problematic to get there, but we'll fly down for the February '07 and '08 trips and drive in June and August '07...

Now... if I could just afford a nice house in Celebration.... :rolleyes:

I am soooo with you! I've been addicted to WDW for years, possibly since infancy. My family and friends just shake their heads at me when I start planning another trip. My son is 5 and has been 6 times (I'm creating a monster!!!). :sohappy: Last year, he dragged me around MK! But alas, I've convinced my parents, my brother and his family, plus his wife's family to do a Grand Gathering during spring break. Living off student loans doesn't pay all that well, but I've managed to pay off the passes, airline and half the hotel--I'm well on my way there!

Coming from Winnipeg is a drag, especially when I can only afford one trip per year (divorced and gone back to university). Maybe when I get my education degree, I can teach in Celebration!

Upvote 0

KrazyKowboy

We've been the week after Thanksgiving the past 2 years and going back again this year that week.

We spent spring break this year at Universal and most of that week all I could think of is, "I've come this far and so close to Disney without going, what a waste of time and money."

Don't be surprised if I'm back next year on Spring break or close to it and at Disney and not Universal.

Yeh, WDW costs more, but worth every penny. You're getting so much more for your time and money.

Upvote 0

mgraef

Original Poster
Its official - I am going again (now this year). I was not too concerned with thought of moving to Florida and going every month like some have indicated, but with all the snow we have had in Colorado, relocation is on my mind. (forecast for more at the end of the week and temps below 10!!!)

Next December another week at POFQ, and I swear I will have WDW out of my system. :)

BTW next week I have a day at DL so that should cover my jonesing.

mg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom