Repainting of Epcot Central Plaza?

hpyhnt 1000

Well, it wouldn't look too bad if they get ride of the ridiculous green and blue entrances to innoventions/the breezeways. With them, it's just kind of a garish mishmash. Not sure what they were thinking.

If they did that, then the blue and green breezeway floors would match nothing. In retrospect, that redo was yet another half-*hearted* measure that was never followed through on, and now we are left dealing with the consequences of that.

@MarkTwain nailed it in his post. Instead of remodeling the entire area match a specific paint/design theme, they're trying to make a design that can somehow match everything thats already there. They're trying to somehow make two decades of clutter and conflicting designs all mesh together and I have a hard time seeing how its ever going to work.

jamesgf

Sort of looks like....

image.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
If they did that, then the blue and green breezeway floors would match nothing. In retrospect, that redo was yet another half-*hearted* measure that was never followed through on, and now we are left dealing with the consequences of that.

@MarkTwain nailed it in his post. Instead of remodeling the entire area match a specific paint/design theme, they're trying to make a design that can somehow match everything thats already there. They're trying to somehow make two decades of clutter and conflicting designs all mesh together and I have a hard time seeing how its ever going to work.

I saw this in mid April and it just looked tacky by day. A whole bunch of colors put up there that really didn't pull into anything in particular. It just joined all the other elements of hodgepodge called Future World. Demonstrated Disney really doesn't have a clue how to make FW work cohesively.

kap91

Well then repaint the floors too. The problem is the three or four different looks going on. Just choose one and stick to it. And not the bright blue/green one.

sloppy.joey

Haven't the breezeways been blue and green for years now? It's possible there are plans to paint those too, but the colors on them aren't new.

-Rob
Yes, from what I recall, the bright green above the walkway has been there for quite some time, as well as the blue.

Tom Morrow

The green and blue are the attempt to identify Future World East and West by color. East is blue, West is green. The maps, app, tip board, and signs all reflect this.

Cosmic Commando

paint4-jpg.51945

I know I'm crazy, but I could actually get on board with this. Something closer to the 1982 design would be best, of course, but this isn't bad to me. If they did this and a matching blue set on the other side, I'd be OK. The problem is, there are like ten other colors they've slapped on in random parts that you can't see here. Still don't know why these buildings needed stripes.

scout68

Speaking as someone who is been in the paint and design business for over 20 years...

Opinions (specifically on paint and scheme) are like... Well, I think you know the rest. :rolleyes:

It's change and many people don't like changes specifically radical ones.

I personally think it looks kind of cool and different. :p

Kman101

It's funny how no one is jumping on people who like it yet those that do seem to want to insist that it's the bestest ever and we shouldn't have an opinion on it.

Radok Block

It's one of those schemes that is SO CLOSE but not quite there. I like the greens...but not with the mauve. I miss the monochrome paint scheme EPCOT used to have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom