Repainting of Epcot Central Plaza?

Tom Morrow

Here's some updated photos of the progress:

Paint1.jpg Paint2.jpg Paint3.jpg Paint4.jpg Paint5.jpg Paint6.jpg

I don't want to say I like it, but I will say that it actually makes the window covers fit better visually. It also doesn't look terrible in person, it certainly makes things look newer and more fresh than before. It's just too noisy and obviously totally ignores the point of the architectural design of the buildings.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Forgive me, but has the walkway always been painted like this? Sometimes you forget how things used to look. The pattern on the walls of the plaza actually look cool with the contrasting checkerboard walkways. To me anyway.
I believe that was done a few years ago whenever the whirlygigs were taken out.

hpyhnt 1000

Forgive me, but has the walkway always been painted like this? Sometimes you forget how things used to look. The pattern on the walls of the plaza actually look cool with the contrasting checkerboard walkways. To me anyway.

I believe the walkway received that checkerboard pattern in the 90s when Communicore became Innoventions. It was redone a few years ago; I think the colors were altered slightly but I'm not sure.

And I'm sorry but that paint scheme is not getting any better. Seeing those shades of green and brown combined like that (see pic 4 of @Tom Morrow's set) is cringe inducing. I can see how they "fit" better with the window covers but that hardly excuses what's been done to the buildings as a whole.

And what in the name of Mickey is going on with the wall by Club Cool in pic 5? There's five or six wildly different colors all in the space of about 20 feet, not to mention the clashing of the Club Cool signage. Ick.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

Oh, the blues and greens added to the mix. I officially hate this.

After the initial pictures I hated it, then I saw some pictures a few weeks ago that showed a section that was just shades of brown and tan (like pic 5) and started to like the new paint job but with the blues and greens it looks terrible and I'm back to hating it! Curious to see how this ends up.

TRONorail12

This is hardly an update to Future World. I was in the park the other day and the color scheme looked awful! Brown and tan are one of the worst color combinations that could have thought of for this area. It's FUTURE WORLD, not desert world. I actually enjoyed the old color scheme because it connected everything together from the front of the park up until the WS, this just makes no sense whatsoever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom