Repainting of Epcot Central Plaza?

Kman101

Oh I remember that, I know. Doesn't mean it makes sense to me. Visually it looks appalling. I'm asking what the entire plan is. Details, not just the theme they're trying to justify.

willtravel

Those "test colors" (if thats what they are) appear very similar to the ones used for the new Fountain View Starbucks. I wouldn't be opposed to Innoventions adopting it.

FVSB-1.jpg

FVSB-6.jpg

Above pics from
http://www.wdwfacts.com/2013/09/08/...ide-the-new-fountain-view-starbucks-at-epcot/

image-jpg.49989
I think you are right. I think the painting of Fountain View was only the beginning of the painting in that area. Or after they painted Fountain View they decided the rest of the area needed painting with a cohesive color schemes.

Figment2005

I think everyone is being a little to harsh on this paint scheme. If you look at the details, the different colors pull the whole place together. The windows should be see through and not walls, but since that is not the case, the paint pulls it together. The Mousegear sign also matches the new paint in the area. The whole area now looks like it was designed at the same time instead of having new things thrown in with the old.

Tom Morrow

^ yeah, the paint scheme does make more sense when you see it in person. The colors match what is below them. They do make the area more visually interesting and fresh. More subtle different color tones would have been better, though.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm just glad to see they finally put those leftover gallons of used paint to good use....
We need to put someone on the task of looking at the most recent refurbs around the parks to figure out which projects they bought too much paint for, thus leading to the wonderful "design" we see today. I'll bet we can match up that neon green paint with some project or another.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
We need to put someone on the task of looking at the most recent refurbs around the parks to figure out which projects they bought too much paint for, thus leading to the wonderful "design" we see today. I'll bet we can match up that neon green paint with some project or another.
Perhaps, but I honestly think that someone came up with an idea for the cheapest and easiest way to "spruce up" Central Plaza without impacting the quarterly numbers....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sorry. I just hate it. It just looks like a mess. Too busy. Too in your face. The green over the walkway between the buildings looks terrible. H-A-T-E it.
I am normally one that can look the other way when it comes to a choice I don't care for, but this paint scheme is a mess. I can not see a single redeeming quality in it no matter how hard I try. And this is coming from a guy whose bedroom is painted in a Monsters Inc inspired color scheme.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I am normally one that can look the other way when it comes to a choice I don't care for, but this paint scheme is a mess. I can not see a single redeeming quality in it no matter how hard I try. And this is coming from a guy whose bedroom is painted in a Monsters Inc inspired color scheme.
Yessss. Yessssss... Goooood. Let the hate flow through you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom