20201025_124711.jpg
20201025_124717.jpg
20201025_124728.jpg
20201025_124736.jpg
20201025_124739.jpg
20201025_125006.jpg
20201025_125916.jpg

Homemade Imagineering

When Disneyland does eventually Reopen, I do agree with OrangeGrove55 in his video, where he discusses how the Subs will have a hard time operating in a post COVID-19 world. He brings up the fact that it's already an extremely low capacity attraction, and if you combine that with the fact that attractions at WDW are operating at reduced capacity, and the fact that the Subs are tight spaces, I can't see them thriving at all in a post COVID-19 world. Now, some of this may depend on when the park actually reopens, but regardless, an attraction such as the Subs will be looked down upon hygienically.

Here is his video about it:

el_super

When Disneyland does eventually Reopen, I do agree with OrangeGrove55 in his video, where he discusses how the Subs will have a hard time operating in a post COVID-19 world.

It was hard to justify keeping the subs around even before COVID. They are costly and the capacity is awful. I didn't hear it discussed in the video, but I think the Monorail is probably on the list to be removed along with the subs and Autopia. It's a shame too, since the tree growth in that area of the park goes back to 1955 and the trees and water would most likely be replaced with some giant concrete box.

el_super

I feel like that would be a lot more unlikely to happen, rather than the Subs and Autopia being removed. I'm sure it'll be rerouted, not removed.

The track needs to be completely replaced and that's really unlikely to happen considering the poor ridership numbers. Maybe if they get to a point where they want to spend a lot of money, they might make a newer/more useful system somewhere else at the resort, but right now it just takes up a lot of space that could go to some giant IP castle or some big-box-but-still-really-obvious-ride system.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Does anyone know why a Disneyland Resort sign was put at this entrance on Katella? Looking at the street maps history, the gate was put there during the construction of Cars Land which I assume might have been an alternate entrance for construction that was just left there as an alternate backstage entrance, but that's a nice sign for a hardly used entrance for backstage and may even confuse guests into thinking it's an alternate entrance into the resort.

In fact, when it was first built it was a different color and changed to the current blue during the 60th anniversary.

1603907492079.png

Darkbeer1

Does anyone know why a Disneyland Resort sign was put at this entrance on Katella? Looking at the street maps history, the gate was put there during the construction of Cars Land which I assume might have been an alternate entrance for construction that was just left there as an alternate backstage entrance, but that's a nice sign for a hardly used entrance for backstage and may even confuse guests into thinking it's an alternate entrance into the resort.

In fact, when it was first built it was a different color and changed to the current blue during the 60th anniversary.

View attachment 508915

The Arch/sign was placed farther west on Katella when DCA first opened, so late 2000. It was a gate for the Convention Center visitors and/or DLR guests parking at the Convention Center. That is why the traffic Light was placed near the Convention Center Arena, aka the first Anaheim Arena. Currently the term Anaheim Arena is the legal name for the Honda Center, since the sponsor could change.

As part of the Cars Land expansion, it was moved to the current location.

The main reason for the gate was for a tram stop. When DCA first opened, Disney got a Waiver to allow the trams to cross Disneyland Dr. to service Simba with a stop behind the PPH. So, they could stop at the Convention Center gate when needed, such as during NAMM.

The last time I used the gate when I parked at Angel Stadium for an ACC event. ART used public buses (Toy Story Buses) to drop us off at the gate, entering the Disney Way driveway, and headed south to the gate. So you walked a few feet to the gate, and crossed at the light. That was a couple of yeas ago. I believe ACC North was still under construction.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
The Arch/sign was placed farther west on Katella when DCA first opened, so late 2000. It was a gate for the Convention Center visitors and/or DLR guests parking at the Convention Center. That is why the traffic Light was placed near the Convention Center Arena, aka the first Anaheim Arena. Currently the term Anaheim Arena is the legal name for the Honda Center, since the sponsor could change.

As part of the Cars Land expansion, it was moved to the current location.

The main reason for the gate was for a tram stop. When DCA first opened, Disney got a Waiver to allow the trams to cross Disneyland Dr. to service Simba with a stop behind the PPH. So, they could stop at the Convention Center gate when needed, such as during NAMM.

The last time I used the gate when I parked at Angel Stadium for an ACC event. ART used public buses (Toy Story Buses) to drop us off at the gate, entering the Disney Way driveway, and headed south to the gate. So you walked a few feet to the gate, and crossed at the light. That was a couple of yeas ago. I believe ACC North was still under construction.
Yup. Moved the street map down to the west side of the light, turned it back to 2008, and there it is.

1603937031962.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom