Reopening Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayyylmao

Since OC could potentially be in Orange tier by mid-April (or slightly sooner) anyways it may not really matter in terms of Disneyland.

But overall the logic is you're not likely driving across the state to go to a restaurant (ie mostly locals) whereas you will for a theme park.
I mean shouldn't that be more of a reason to have restaurants inside theme parks open in red tier? They are guaranteed to have the healthy cleansed California-ites who are ruled by Newsom in them.....not the dirty, diseased Zonies.

el_super

I mean shouldn't that be more of a reason to have restaurants inside theme parks open in red tier? They are guaranteed to have the healthy cleansed California-ites who are ruled by Newsom in them.....not the dirty, diseased Zonies.

A theme park restaurant is slightly different from your local Denny's. They have their reasons and they make sense to me.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I get your opinion, but I see their logic. This is a place to start, it will likely change further from here as time goes on. As I mentioned previously I fully expect the restrictions to be loosened even more as we get into summer. I could even see most of the restriction removed in the Yellow tier by June/July. And then whenever California hits 75% or more vaccinated then fully reopen whether that be in June, July, August or later in fall.

Emmanuel

I get your opinion, but I see their logic. This is a place to start, it will likely change further from here as time goes on. As I mentioned previously I fully expect the restrictions to be loosened even more as we get into summer. I could even see most of the restriction removed in the Yellow tier by June/July. And then whenever California hits 75% or more vaccinated then fully reopen whether that be in June, July, August or later in fall.

Taking it one step at a time. Better to reopen the parks gradually than all at once.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So there you go @mharrington as we discussed there is your official announcement on the color tiers changing specifically for theme parks to reopen quicker. We’ll hear I’m sure in the next couple weeks on an official date for Disneyland reopening.

mharrington

So there you go @mharrington as we discussed there is your official announcement on the color tiers changing specifically for theme parks to reopen quicker. We’ll hear I’m sure in the next couple weeks on an official date for Disneyland reopening.

I've heard about it, but frankly, I'm a little skeptical, especially given what happened last year. It just seems too good to be true.

Darkbeer1

I've heard about it, but frankly, I'm a little skeptical, especially given what happened last year. It just seems too good to be true.

Politics. Governor Newsom is feeling the heat about the recall. Everyone in Sacramento has now accepted by Wednesday, that 2 Million signatures have been collected, and currently at a 83% verification rate by the Registrar of Voters in each county.

So Gavin is doing a lot of making things possible to reopen, as an early defense to the Summer/Fall campaign period.

George Lucas on a Bench

Politics. Governor Newsom is feeling the heat about the recall. Everyone in Sacramento has now accepted by Wednesday, that 2 Million signatures have been collected, and currently at a 83% verification rate by the Registrar of Voters in each county.

So Gavin is doing a lot of making things possible to reopen, as an early defense to the Summer/Fall campaign period.

You'll have people arguing that this isn't the case when it clearly is. And if and when he's recalled, they'll see that plenty of people outside of their echo chamber oppose the leadership in the state and want to see some positive change. It's sending a message, that's for sure.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Case numbers are down, vaccinations are up that is the simple truth. You’ll see different posters making different claims as to the reasons why, but ultimately it doesn’t matter as that is just noise. For you I know all you really care about is that Disneyland reopens, and that will happen here very soon.

Darkbeer1

You'll have people arguing that this isn't the case when it clearly is. And if and when he's recalled, they'll see that plenty of people outside of their echo chamber oppose the leadership in the state and want to see some positive change. It's sending a message, that's for sure.
And by the way, still way too early to tell the results of the election.

Who will have the better ads?

Who will actually run, both Democrat and Republican. Does a famous person decide to run.... Maybe Tim Allen?

But a recall election will take place.

George Lucas on a Bench

See? Right on cue a Shut It Downer trying to claim that Case Numbers and Vaccinations are the reason the reopening guidelines have changed. The parks were supposed to open in the Yellow (Minimal) Tier. Period. Now it's been changed. If they could have opened in another Color, why wasn't it originally set that way? It's being altered. Due to pressure.

mharrington

Case numbers are down, vaccinations are up that is the simple truth. You’ll see different posters making different claims as to the reasons why, but ultimately it doesn’t matter as that is just noise. For you I know all you really care about is that Disneyland reopens, and that will happen here very soon.

But also, the opening date of April 1 sounds rather interesting, too, as that, of course, is April Fool's Day.

In any case, I'll believe it when I see. If it does happen, I will admit that I stand corrected.

Californian Elitist

See? Right on cue a Shut It Downer trying to claim that Case Numbers and Vaccinations are the reason the reopening guidelines have changed. The parks were supposed to open in the Yellow (Minimal) Tier. Period. Now it's been changed. If they could have opened in another Color, why wasn't it originally set that way? It's being altered. Due to pressure.
And like clockwork, you’re back to name-calling, barking, and complaining about those who have different views than yours.

It’s not inconceivable to believe that vaccinations and lower cases have helped steer directions. It’s also not inconceivable to believe that Newsom is being pressured by the public.

Darkbeer1

But also, the opening date of April 1 sounds rather interesting, too, as that, of course, is April Fool's Day.

In any case, I'll believe it when I see. If it does happen, I will admit that I stand corrected.
The opening day isn't April 1st.

That is the first possible date to reopen, but not many parks will. Maybe Castle Park.

DrAlice

And like clockwork, you’re back to name-calling, barking, and complaining about those who have different views than yours.

It’s not inconceivable to believe that vaccinations and lower cases have helped steer directions. It’s also not inconceivable to believe that Newsom is being pressured by the public.
How DARE you be so logical?! You must be outraged. OUTRAGED! :rolleyes:

*sigh*

Californian Elitist

How DARE you be so logical?! You must be outraged. OUTRAGED! :rolleyes:

*sigh*
It’s amazing how people’s emotions can disrupt logical thinking. People are getting vaccinated, which means more protection from possibly getting the virus. More protection would logically mean less concern, which would then logically lead to lessening strict shut down regulations, right?

No, apparently not.😑🤔

DrAlice

It’s amazing how people’s emotions can disrupt logical thinking. People are getting vaccinated, which means more protection from possibly getting the virus. More protection would logically mean less concern, which would then logically lead to lessening strict shut down regulations, right?

No, apparently not.😑🤔
Nope. Every time I've tried to bring logic into the conversation over the past year, I've just been shouted down. I gave up trying awhile ago, for my own sanity.

Back on topic-ish...
I agree with what some others have said here: as the vaccines increase, these guidelines will loosen again. I bet the indoor dining restriction will be one of the first things to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom