Renovating EPCOT

weretiger155

Original Poster
EPCOT used to be my favorite park, until the last visit. I don't know whats been happing to EPCOT, everything used to so perfect, the gardens never had one weed, but now i went to the land and saw a bunch of weeds it looked like a jungle, the plant were growing wild, UOE is breaking down, TT is usually having some problem, and before they closed Wonders of life it was horrible, it was not disney like at all. it smelled very humid and the carpet was in bad condition, and body wars was a mess and very out of date. I hope that they do something good with that WOL building or make something new, but hope they won't keep it closed and use it as a meeting place like the odessy whi looks like it has garbage bags hanging from the windows, and the lake in front of it has lots of algae, i don't know whats happend, but i see that they are doing somthing, like the living seas being renovated, i hope wol is next and mabey fix UOE too. i love epcot and don't want to see it get in worse shape.

imamouse

With Epcot's 25th anniversary just around the corner (Oct 1, 2007), I expect that Epoct will be receiving a lot of TLC. I'm hoping for a new parade :lookaroun

wedway71

I hear ya man.I am one who gets freaked out too when I things out of wack at WDW.I was at Epcot in December and didnt notice any problems and I go out of my way to look.I would think as far as WOL issues I can understand about old carpet etc for the fact that Epcot MGT knew it was getting closed so they figured why fix the problems now. When a new attraction goes there im sure it will get a bunch of tlc with new carpets and many other goodies as well.

wedway71

I do wonder if for the 25th they will repave all of Epcots walkways since they are starting to look a bit faded?

Epcot82Guy

In Disney's defense, maintenance in the warm months is insane. You can literally weed one day and have full fledged weeds the next day. They could compensate for this, perhaps, but, I guess it depends on the cost factor and having maintenance on-stage. I also think that some of the physical issues may just be waiting for a rehab of the park for eh 25th, regardless of any major celebration surrounding it.

wannab@dis

I was there this past December and the park looked great. Maybe the problems that you are seeing are not really a problem with the park?

jmvd20

Epcot definitely needs some TLC and ride refurbs. However, the park is getting a lot of attention now.

Soarin, TT, M:S, SSE refurb, UOE Carpets, World Showcase getting a facelift like Japan etc...

Based upon that list they are really trying to improve and update the park.

Epcot used to be my favorite park as well. Epcot, back in the early 90's was spotless but don't forget that was basically brand new. Many things at Epcot are starting to show their age now but they are trying to keep up. I hope Epcot will be reborn in the next few years and it appears to be heading that way.

wedway71

Im pretty sure WOL is finito from what I hear. Even though im sad to see it go(even though it wasnt my very fave) im glad Disney decided to finally make a decision to either close it down or keep it open half heartidly only open during peak times.It was like an attraction on life support just pull the plug and get some wonderful attraction in there which would be great for the 25th .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom