News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure opening reports and using Virtual Queue at EPCOT

Twirlnhurl

Can someone explain to me, like . . . why they do this to themselves?

I feel like these days more than ever Disney has a bad habit of underbuilding their queues
Theme park companies typically have design standards (more like guidelines, really) about how much queue needs to be provided. These standards are usually based on the amount of wait time the queue will need to handle.

For instance, imagine a ride with a capacity of 2,000 people per hour and a 80/20 split between Fastpass+ and Stand By. Let's also imagine that the design standards for the park require the Stand By queue to be able to accommodate 2 hours wait.

If the queue is 5 ft wide and it is assumed that people standing in a queue take up 5 sqft, a this ride would need a Stand By queue that is 400 feet long.

If, between the time the ride was greenlit and the time the ride opened, Fastpass+ was eliminated and the ride operated Stand By only, the required line to accommodate a 2 hour wait would be 2,000 ft long, 1,600 feet longer than what was built.

If Lightning Lane ends up taking 80% of the rides capacity like Fastpass+, the line would once again be adequate. But if it ends up more like 40-50%, all the Disney queues built or rebuilt in the Fastpass era will be inadequate to accommodate the initial design criteria.

Disney's design standards are almost certainly more flexible than Universal's (have you ever seen how huge the permanent queue area is for Storm Force Accelatron?), because even the pre-Fastpass queues for major rides are much smaller than Universal's. (Compare Spider-Man or Fast and Furious' sprawling queue complexes with that of Tower of Terror or Dinosaur...)

I like seeing how these sorts of changes get sorted out by operations, when edicts from on high make the park's physical infrastructure inadequate.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Wow, I haven't been keeping up with this thread (glad I am now), but seems like paying for this ride via Lightening Lane doesn't seem to make sense given the ability to grab a virtual queue pass. I wonder how long they will continue the boarding groups at this rate?

gerarar

Premium Member
Wow, I haven't been keeping up with this thread (glad I am now), but seems like paying for this ride via Lightening Lane doesn't seem to make sense given the ability to grab a virtual queue pass. I wonder how long they will continue the boarding groups at this rate?
I said the same thing, but I was told that those who don’t want to wait an additional 30-45 mins in line after your BG is called would be the target audience for ILL — which makes sense tbh.

gerarar

Premium Member
7am: 207.77 secs, or ~4 mins
1pm: 12873.45 secs, or ~3 hours 35 mins

BG 168 is the last BG for the day. This is 8 more than yesterday.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
7am: 86.96 secs
1pm: 3718.61 secs, or ~1 hour 2 mins

BG 156 is the last BG for the day. This is 12 less than yesterday.

Note — there was a really long extended downtime today from 12:35pm to 2:36pm..

Last edited:

bubbles1812

7am: 86.96 secs
1pm: 3718.61 secs, or ~1 hour 2 mins

This post will be updated once the last BG has been called for the day..

Note — there was a really long extended downtime today from 12:35pm to 2:36pm..
Just got into the queue at 430. We are group 70. They have been moving very slow today. Many of the 1 pm groups will not get in.

bubbles1812

Those who want two rides? We rode this at 1045 today. On in 5 minutes. In the virtual queue, we just got in with group 70, an effective 6.5 hour wait to enter the line… and we’ll probably have to spend another 40-45 minutes in the queue. I don’t have any regrets paying the 18$ for two people this morning. The ease of picking up a virtual queue pass in the afternoon definitely does not guarantee a ride.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Those who want two rides? We rode this at 1045 today. On in 5 minutes. In the virtual queue, we just got in with group 70, an effective 6.5 hour wait to enter the line… and we’ll probably have to spend another 40-45 minutes in the queue. I don’t have any regrets paying the 18$ for two people this morning. The ease of picking up a virtual queue pass in the afternoon definitely does not guarantee a ride.
To each their own. Glad you enjoyed it 👍

gerarar

Premium Member
7am: 156.12 secs, or ~3 mins
1pm: 10473.85 secs, or ~2 hours 55 mins

BG 164 is the last BG for the day. This is 8 more than yesterday.

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

Hello! Just so we're clear, you bought LL in the morning, and also entered the VQ in the morning as well? My wife wants to do it 2x on an upcoming trip on our EPCOT day and I am kind of okay with this since it'll just be she and I (and not having to buy 3 more tix for our kids). Does anyone know whether you can buy LL if you've already gotten a VQ?

gerarar

Premium Member
if you park hop from EPcot to DHS on the skyway how long does that take?
HS to Caribbean Beach Resort Hub: ~5 mins
Caribbean Beach Resort Hub to Epcot: ~14 mins

This of course doesn’t include times waiting in line at the Hub to get on the Epcot line.
So all in all, would estimate about 25-30 mins total.

bubbles1812

Hello! Just so we're clear, you bought LL in the morning, and also entered the VQ in the morning as well? My wife wants to do it 2x on an upcoming trip on our EPCOT day and I am kind of okay with this since it'll just be she and I (and not having to buy 3 more tix for our kids). Does anyone know whether you can buy LL if you've already gotten a VQ
Correct. We bought Lightening Lane passes for the 10:45-11:45 slot and also got on at 7 am to go into the virtual queue. That put us in Group 70 and we entered at about 4:30 in the Virtual Queue Line. Two rides in one day.

We did the virtual queue right at 7 am, and then I bought LL about a minute later. Two separate things, two opportunities to ride so long as you’re willing to pay. Would advise to do the virtual queue first. It fills very quickly.

We actually rode it again today via LL. We were at DHS majority of the day, so one of our LL was ROTR, and then came over to Epcot for our ride before calling it a day.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom