News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Just you wait for the inevitable IP-fication. My money's on a Little Mermaid overlay.

'Things are much better, down where it's...'

If we're going the classic Disney IP route, might as well do a mash-up featuring things like "A Tail as Old as Time". But, I'm worried this is too creative for the modern product. My guess is that they buy the rights to the culturally famous Debbie series of movies and the historically important Deep Throat and call it a day. Big Umbrella held up by big tent poles leads one to this conclusion.

JoeCamel

So with this new address that @danlb_2000 posted in the permit thread being in the middle of nowhere do you think they actually put a phony address on the permit? They wouldn't do that right? Has to be a simple error of omission or something like that right? I mean they wouldn't really - right??

lazyboy97o

So with this new addressthat @danlb_2000 posted in the permit thread being in the middle of nowhere do you think they actually put a phony address on the permit? They wouldn't do that right? Has to be a simple error of omission or something like that right? I mean they wouldn't really - right??
Falsifying legal documents is typically illegal. The permit is for mock-ups and those being done off site is nothing unusual.

donsullivan

Premium Member
So with this new addressthat @danlb_2000 posted in the permit thread being in the middle of nowhere do you think they actually put a phony address on the permit? They wouldn't do that right? Has to be a simple error of omission or something like that right? I mean they wouldn't really - right??

That address is not in the middle of nowhere, or a phony address. It's actually a service area right across the street from Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village. They cannot file a permit for a place that doesn't exist or is not where the work is being performed.

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 11.05.18 AM.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That address is not in the middle of nowhere, or a phony address. It's actually a service area right across the street from Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village. They cannot file a permit for a place that doesn't exist or is not where the work is being performed.

View attachment 279601

Which mapping site/app gave you this? Every search I did put that address way out in Kissimmee. This address makes much more sense for building mockups.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Which mapping site/app gave you this? Every search I did put that address way out in Kissimmee. This address makes much more sense for building mockups.

That was done with Apple Maps. For some reason Google maps put it's out in Kissimmee near John Young Parkway. They don't seem to acknowledge that there are 2 of the same street address but in the different cities.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just googled it. Ignoring all the West Osceola Parkway results, Osceola without the west drops it around here. Which makes sense since Osceola (without the west) was designed to continue west, past AKL, to the 429 before Western Way took it over.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I just googled it. Ignoring all the West Osceola Parkway results, Osceola without the west drops it around here. Which makes sense since Osceola (without the west) was designed to continue west, past AKL, to the 429 before Western Way took it over.

Google maps does have some wacky results on this one for some reason. I tried all the scenarios and it always came up right at the Shingle Creek bridge on West Osceola parkway. That road stays West Osceola Parkway all the way to the Florida Turnpike well east of Disney. At that point it continues on as East Osceola Parkway. That's been the naming since it opened although the west and east designations are rarely used around here. In the early planning stages it was going to be called Dart Blvd/Road but was changed to Osceola Parkway to match the county it's in when it was built. I live about a mile from that road and drive it all the time.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom