News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

crxbrett

Well actually the second version of Splash Mountain was better then it's Disneyland Original, but other than that one time, I agree with you. Second generation attractions are almos always the dumbed down version....Which worries me about the WDW version of Star Wars Land...

Yes and no. I think Big Thunder Mtn at WDW is also slightly better than the original at DL's. And as much as I love WDW's Space Mtn, it's basically just the Matterhorn done in the dark, so DL's Space Mtn could be seen as being better as well. Though I still like DW's better - way better queue and theming, as well as a track layout with more thrills. DL's just goes in circles while DW's has a few drops that are more fun. For me at least. Also, WDW's Jungle Cruise got the much more impressive Schweitzer Falls and a very cool Cambodian temple. The Swiss Family Treehouse was also improved upon and much more spread out and detailed.

But I guess none of those examples are recent. Is DLP's Rock N Roller Coaster any better than DW's?

crxbrett

Well actually the second version of Splash Mountain was better then it's Disneyland Original, but other than that one time, I agree with you. Second generation attractions are almos always the dumbed down version....Which worries me about the WDW version of Star Wars Land...

I thought I had heard the attractions will be pretty much identical and carbon copies. Maybe a few queue differences kind of like Star Tours. However, the area is a little bigger and may have more landscaping at DL's. Which is funny since DW has way more space and is usually the park that gets to spread things out a little more when they design a lot of things. Also, isn't there possibly room being saved at the DW version for that rumored future phase II expansion that would include the rumored resort experience? If that actually happened, it would put DW's above DL's instantly.

Timothy_Q

MK Splash
MK Mansion
MK Treehouse
MK, HKD Jungle Cruise
TDL Pooh
TDS 20.000 Leagues
TDS Indy
TDL, DLP, HKD Small World
DLP Big Thunder
SDL Peter Pan
SDL Buzz

crxbrett

I'm actually kind of excited for Ratatouille. Not thrilled with where they chose to put it, but am looking forward to eventually riding it!

I am excited about it, too! I'm also relieved the theatre remained and they are adding Ratatouille to the pavilion instead of replacing the movie. It also is good for World Showcase since that side doesn't have any non-theater based attractions. It should help disperse or spread out crowds a little.

crxbrett

Not hard to bet the Epcot tube.

I don't know which queue I like better. DCA's kind of feels like an empty hangar with plain concrete floors and metal sheeting for walls. And the outside portion of the queue is just metal canopies and concrete with poles and misters above. Pretty bland and uninspiring. Although I do like the photos of all the aviation heroes and greats from the past. But then EC's queue is more like like an airline terminal, which is what the pre-show kind of sets up the ride to be - an airline. I also like the interactive game aspect of EC's better.

I think I give EC's queue a slight edge over DCA's.

EPCOTCenterLover

SDL has the best Peter Pan, Buzz, Soarin (bc of queue), possibly Pirates. So Disney has done good recently.
You're right. I tend to forget about the parks outside the US where I compare cloned attractions. Especially on a WDW Board. In this perspective, I'd add some attractions in DLP. Some are just breathtakingly gorgeous and seem like whole new attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom