News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Trust me on this. My company does gilding for local theme parks here in Florida. NDA's prevent us from saying which projects. 😉
Hope they know to tone and glaze the gilding so as to accentuate the highlights and lowlights and to protect. Around the parks there are numerous instances where "gold" looks plastic because they stopped too soon. (Or it just needs to be redone) Cheapens it. Even the most recent additions to the Castle look fake. Unless that's not gold leaf. Remy sign is getting there but it too looks flat for having such brilliance. The gold accents there kind of wash it out and it loses detail, IMO.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Hope they know to tone and glaze the gilding so as to accentuate the highlights and lowlights and to protect. Around the parks there are numerous instances where "gold" looks plastic because they stopped too soon. (Or it just needs to be redone) Cheapens it. Even the most recent additions to the Castle look fake. Unless that's not gold leaf. Remy sign is getting there but it too looks flat for having such brilliance. The gold accents there kind of wash it out and it loses detail, IMO.
The gold they applied to the stone parts of the castle look like paint, not gold leaf.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I’d be surprised if the attraction opened before spring. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t open by early summer. As things stand.
Like the French are always on time. Although only a Disney representation - I’m sure it’s picked up certain intrinsic qualities.

But hey, at least it’s not the Spaniards. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that the
Spain pavilion was secretly given a green light and has been under construction since 1986.

cjkeating

I think it would actually do the opposite. The courtyard isn’t that big that it would cause congestions and crowding as everyone wants to see/explore the new area. Even before the closure, one of the biggest concern for this expansion was the lack of open space and exit/entry congestion.

They could always do a VQ for the area like when SWGE first opened. They could also just quietly soft open the area with no real announcement.
I agree regards the courtyard. Assuming the ride is reliable when it opens it will have the highest capacity of the World Showcase attractions (and one of the highest at Epcot I think) so I don't think queues will be a huge issue without Fastpass. Over and above the fact that socially distanced queues are long but I can see it snaking out of France over the bridge around the fireworks viewing terrace.

britain

So, the image and caption below is from MiceChat - what do you think of this statement/assumption that there will actually be access to Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie from the new Rat area? I thought it was actually ruled out by insiders.

1603766312415.png

UNCgolf

So, the image and caption below is from MiceChat - what do you think of this statement/assumption that there will actually be access to Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie from the new Rat area? I thought it was actually ruled out by insiders.

View attachment 508618

I don't know how that would even be possible. Wouldn't anything on that side be opening into the kitchen/behind the counter? Or does it go far enough that it could come in on the side of the seating area?

UNCgolf

Here's a question that's probably been answered at some point:

Does Ratatouille eliminate the pavilion expansion spot between France and Morocco? Or is there still room there?

Not that they would be building anything there for at least a decade, but I'm just curious.

Last edited:

Ldno

View attachment 508618
Wishful thinking, this map seems to make it seem like it does i think

Attachments

• 755E0AAE-24C2-4F98-893D-74EE02C98D03.jpg
    755E0AAE-24C2-4F98-893D-74EE02C98D03.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 126

UNCgolf

Rat filled the back half of the expansion pad, so something small could go in front.

That's what I thought (that the back half was taken).

I can't imagine they'd put in a half pavilion. Maybe they'll eventually use the space for something else permanent, though. You know, 20 years from now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

View attachment 508618

I don't know how that would be a guest entrance. In the picture below, if you go through the kitchen door and keep to your left, then you'd come to the above-pictured double door. So... that's right through the kitchen.

1603774935878.png

They'd have to carve out quite a hallway to get you to the serving area.

britain

I don't know how that would be a guest entrance. In the picture below, if you go through the kitchen door and keep to your left, then you'd come to the above-pictured double door. So... that's right through the kitchen.

View attachment 508638

They'd have to carve out quite a hallway to get you to the serving area.

Thanks, so it’s most likely an emergency exit for the kitchen staff.

EDIT: Maybe not even for emergencies. That might be the new back door way for the kitchen staff to get to the patisserie.

UNCgolf

The half pad could become an extension of Morocco or France. It could be a stage for performers. It could be a garden food court wherein the France and/or Morocco kiosks that are currently along the lagoon can be moved and picnic seating put in there.

That's what I meant. It will probably be a shop (shops) or QS food and likely themed to either Morocco or France if they ever build anything there, which won't be any time in the near future.

The only way I could see a stage for performers going there is if it was a temporary stage used for one of the festivals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom