News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I’ve never been bothered by sightline issues in Disneyland. I love that the outside world is kept out, but inside the park, it doesn’t really matter to me if I can see lands from other lands and such. It’s the charm of Disneyland.

Now at MK, with the behind Main Street backstage views completely visible from onstage (Although they’ve tried to fix that more recently).

That’s a sight line I take issue with.

Its just rather difficult focusing on anything other than the urban sprawl getting to those parks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do you think they want to delay opening so they can use it to get bigger crowds? Or is it just a money thing again?
I don’t think they’ll intentionally delay...but I wouldn’t be surprised. Doesn’t really make sense to use their “new” pub in the current environment

gerarar

Premium Member
There’s finally some sign of activity! Can you spot it?

From June 13:
FEC7AEC6-B4E4-4230-A036-7DAE5DCD94E2.jpeg

Now on June 20:
589D423C-5A01-445A-9DD5-68120E9891D8.jpeg

6F9AED5C-AEC9-4413-8F00-271C8478599C.jpeg

The red pop-up canopy/gazebo is showing that some type of work is occurring near Remy’s as there’s also a fan for people to cool off with under the canopy.

Also there’s new materials under the permanent structure for the outdoor queue(?? — please correct me if I’m wrong). I’ve circled it as it’s not present in the June 13th aerial.
4BC99114-D7FB-4F7B-85F1-0F2265743BE9.jpeg

So this begs the question, can we concur that construction has somewhat restarted/resumed on the France expansion/Remy’s?
Regardless, I hope so!

TiggerDad

There’s finally some sign of activity! Can you spot it?

From June 13:
View attachment 478185
Now on June 20:
View attachment 478186
View attachment 478187

The red pop-up canopy/gazebo is showing that some type of work is occurring near Remy’s as there’s also a fan for people to cool off with under the canopy.

Also there’s new materials under the permanent structure for the outdoor queue(?? — please correct me if I’m wrong). I’ve circled it as it’s not present in the June 13th aerial.
View attachment 478188

So this begs the question, can we concur that construction has somewhat restarted/resumed on the France expansion/Remy’s?
Regardless, I hope so!
I don't see The Ladder.

lazyboy97o

I still don't understand why they didn't move the tower? Surely it isn't "that" expensive to relocate?

View attachment 478196
You’re just shifting the problem to a more noticeable spot, not fixing it. Moving it requires having support beneath. It might even have to be a completely new structure if the existing one does not meet current wind load requirements.

Disstevefan1

I still don't understand why they didn't move the tower? Surely it isn't "that" expensive to relocate?

View attachment 478196

I am guessing it’s not just a matter of moving it from one roof to the other. I suspect there is support structures under/connected to the existing location and to move it would require creating again the support structure under the new location.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
You’re just shifting the problem to a more noticeable spot, not fixing it. Moving it requires having support beneath. It might even have to be a completely new structure if the existing one does not meet current wind load requirements.

Not sure if that's true or not. Seems like it'd be slightly more prominent from the World Showcase side and more hidden from the Gondola view. Not sure. But you might be right about needing to create a load supporting structure for it. I just wonder if it the idea was ultimately scrapped not due to cost, but laziness or time management. I had hoped they'd move it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom