News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

donsullivan

Premium Member
Yeah. Last time I visited the park I noticed that those trees in particular had been seriously mismanaged, but that seems to be a regularly occurring theme throughout the whole resort. Maybe this is a step in the right direction!

There was nothing 'mismanaged' about them, they simply grew too large for the location and needed to be swapped out. Healthy trees have a tendency to keep growing larger over time. Not everything that happens around the resort needs to be spun with negativity. This is just part of normal refresh cycles they have been doing throughout the resort since 1971

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There was nothing 'mismanaged' about them, they simply grew too large for the location and needed to be swapped out. Healthy trees have a tendency to keep growing larger over time. Not everything that happens around the resort needs to be spun with negativity. This is just part of normal refresh cycles they have been doing throughout the resort since 1971

So... you're saying they weren't Old Growth Trees?

ToTBellHop

FACT: once you are happy with your trees, it’s time to switch out the dirt for low-fat soil. Then you can enjoy your trees for years to come without any change in length or girth!

Goofywilliam

Oh sorry, I was not meaning to be negative. This is literally what I do (mostly on the design side now) and I have done extensive research projects on historical landscapes and landscape management. It is very possible to keep trees around a veryyyy long time with proper management and care, but like anything it comes at a price. I honesty can’t Imagine having to keep up with management of the resorts landscapes. It’s insane!

I will say though, the quality of the resorts landscapes have declined over the past years, and I have seen a few new installations that are less that Disney quality. I just always hope they are temporary and will eventually be replaced. That’s why I was so upset. Too many trees have been taken away and not replaced!

Sorry again. Didn’t mean to upset you, I’m actually a pretty positive person😂

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This.

Last edited:

Goofywilliam

Sorry, didn't mean to be negative in any way. Needless to say I became very familiar with Epcot's landscape not too many years ago and I am very passionate about it 😂. I remember these Crepe Myrtles in particular were hard to maintain due to the trunks and roots growing into the steel "cages" around them and the grates at their bases. Not to mention some of the crazy prunning that occured to them over the years o_O. It good to see them getting replaced and this area getting the love it deserves!

Sorry again! I don't want to be that negative person in the forum 😂

peter11435

Trees will return. They were removed in preparation for another project at the pavilion. They will return when it is complete.

Sandurz

Anyone have guesses as to if any of the Remy area soundtrack from DLP will make its way over once this is finished? There's a great loop over there using the main theme from the film that I liked a lot, would love to see it here.

Animaniac93-98

OR SCREENS!!!!! OR ADVERTISING SCREENS!! even better!!

Did they keep that neon Jessica Rabbit sign from Pleasure Island?

1575337882032.png

Just replace "Pleasure Island" with "World Showcase" and you're set!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom