News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

michmousefan

Yeah, but I was hoping there would be some flow through with the rest of the pavillion. No matter, it will be a fine addition and I'm so pleased it isn't replacing IDF!
I would think that if they opened flow to the IDF exit (and more importantly the bakery) that would make an already busy area even crazier. Besides, isn't the bakery and gift shop a whole level higher right now -- and a floor higher than the Ratatouille area will be? You walk up a definite, if gradual ramp from the entrance of the Pavilion to the (current) back of it.

It doesn't appear that the Ratatouille area will be similarly ramped; it seems to be on ground level from what I can determine from the photos.

Missing20K

No Chez Remy in Epcot. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. We ate there last month, and it was fairly good. The theming was phenomenal.

Ahh nuts, we contemplated going in, but decided not to. Really wishing we would have now. The meal we had in the Plaza Gardens was unquestionably the worst we'd ever had on a Disney property, and possibly the worst meal ever, period.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Ahh nuts, we contemplated going in, but decided not to. Really wishing we would have now. The meal we had in the Plaza Gardens was unquestionably the worst we'd ever had on a Disney property, and possibly the worst meal ever, period.

It was very difficult to get in. Walk up was a firm "No". On our first day, we managed to snag a 2-person reservation at 4pm on our last full day there (our travel partner for the trip was leaving a day before we were, so the ressie was just for my wife and I. We couldn't get a 3 person reservation at any time during our 5-day/4-night stay on-property). It was a nice "send off" for our trip.

I think I have a few pictures from inside the restaurant. If I can find them, I'll try to post them and let you know if I do.

britain

How dare Disney let non-themed showbuildings be seen from within the park!

1541295151915.png

The Empress Lilly

But I’ve a few October 1982 photos you’d like.
I have got four questions about pet peeves of mine! (And this time not about my bulldog, Peeves!)

1) Why were the two hind fountains build as flowerbeds? Did they ran out of money? Would've looked ever so nice!
2) Why were the stairs removed in Plume et Palette?
5) Yes, sorry, still can't count well. I'm going to have that looked at one of these days.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have got four questions about pet peeves of mine! (And this time not about my bulldog, Peeves!)

1) Why were the two hind fountains build as flowerbeds? Did they ran out of money? Would've looked ever so nice!
2) Why were the stairs removed in Plume et Palette?
5) Yes, sorry, still can't count well. I'm going to have that looked at one of these days.
Flowerbeds I don’t know. Stairs for capacity / safety. Sadly.

britain

Apart from that’s a) not within the park b) not landscaped and c) before the park was complete :)

But I’ve a few October 1982 photos you’d like.

All true, but after all that, the unthemed walls were visible until International Gatway opened requiring their themed facades.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
All true, but after all that, the unthemed walls were visible until International Gatway opened requiring their themed facades.
You couldn’t see around far enough before the IG. The original pathway was so designed so walking from the UK to the bridge you’d always be looking at the pavilion “front on”

Having said that obviously some of the landscaping took a while to be bed in. Especially coming from Japan on an omnibus.

Last edited:

phi2134

The entrance is going to be really close to the backstage access road. Is there going to be a berm or wall there to help conceal the noise and view?

sndral

... Plus a themed stroller structure...
I obviously lack imagination - what on earth would a themed stroller structure look like?
Come to think of it, I just returned from France and honestly don’t recall seeing a single stroller - but I was only in Provence and the Riviera, maybe all the strollers were in Paris.
If there’s going to be a themed stroller structure is it too much to hope for a themed ECV structure as well?
Or are we talking a themed structure through which people can stroll/walk?
I’m so confused - or maybe it’s jet lag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom