"Remember The Magic" Parade Song

Steve-Matt

Original Poster
On our first visit to WDW 1999, we saw the parade at the MK. The music for the parade was along the lines of “It’s time to remember the magic!” This song or parade music is not on the parade memories CD and we wondered if it was available somewhere else? Every time we watch the videos of the parade the music in my head for days, would love to get it on CD for the full version.

Many thanks.

(188 DTG)

ISTCrew20

Look around, you should be able to find it on any downloading site.

I love that song. There is the parade version, and slower version sung by Brian McKnight (which was the main theme for the 25th anniversary). And Disneyland also used "Remember The Magic" for there Fireworks show that ran in the park before Believe.

If you still can't find it, just gimme an im.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Remember the Magic got everywhere.. every park, every show, the cruise line, Illuminations 25... and I still enjoy it!

Hey Steve-Matt; I see you`re on this side of the pond! :wave:

SpenceMan01

marni1971 said:
Remember the Magic got everywhere.. every park, every show, the cruise line, Illuminations 25... and I still enjoy it!

Hey Steve-Matt; I see you`re on this side of the pond! :wave:

You crazy guys :p

I was never there for all the "Remember the Magic" stuff, but I hear it on many of the WDW songs that I have. I love the Illuminations opening with all the greetings in different languages. It just gives me the chills. THAT'S how Illuminations was meant to be... not this abstract crap that is RoE :rolleyes:.

Also: anyone know where I can get the music video for the Brian McKnight version of the song. I found a copy of it, but it's small and low quality. Anyone on #D-C have it?

Steve-Matt

Original Poster
Thanks ITSCrew20, just tracked down the Parade version. Is the Brian McKnight version still called Remember the magic? I'm having trouble finding that one.

Hi marni1971 Yep from this sunny side of the pond!!!

(187 DTG)

PaisleyMF

Steve-Matt said:
On our first visit to WDW 1999, we saw the parade at the MK. The music for the parade was along the lines of “It’s time to remember the magic!” This song or parade music is not on the parade memories CD and we wondered if it was available somewhere else? Every time we watch the videos of the parade the music in my head for days, would love to get it on CD for the full version.

Many thanks.

(188 DTG)

If i recall "Remember The Magic" was the theme song for Walt Disney World 25 anniversary and it was in 1996.

And where else i can find the RtM Video with Brian McKnight besides #D_C. I am having problems with my IRC program and downloads.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
PaisleyMF said:
If i recall "Remember The Magic" was the theme song for Walt Disney World 25 anniversary and it was in 1996..

The 25th was on October 1st 1996, but typical of Disney it became a 12 month (or longer) celebration... Remember the Magic was all over during this period, and later (The Cruise Line in `98 for example)

Simba One

Doesn't the a capella group that sings before Beauty and the Beast (Four For a Dollar) always sing this to the special guest they bring down front? I bet it's on their album that they always hype after they sing.

2Infinity

I have them.....

I have both the parade and Brian McKnight's version. If you want to pay the postage I'll burn a CD for you. Email me if you're interested.

MerHearted

Is there another version? I remember a version of a woman singing it in the ads at the time. The lyrics were a bit different like "Can you remember the way it used to feel when you believed in make-believe and fairy tales were real."

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
MerHearted said:
Is there another version? I remember a version of a woman singing it in the ads at the time. The lyrics were a bit different like "Can you remember the way it used to feel when you believed in make-believe and fairy tales were real."

I heard lots of different lyrics (see my posts above)

brich

"Remember the Magic" is going to be my wedding song!
That was my wedding song!! The Brian McKnight version is on Disney's Music From the Park from Sept 1996. Amazon.com currently has 16 used copies. Search for Disney's Music from the Park. :D

KevinPage

All I remember is the 25th Celebration version of the song was the most repetative thing I ever heard.

"It's time to Remember the Magic"
"25 years of Disney Magic"

Those 2 lines are burned into my brain to this day.

The Brian McKnight song is on our wedding video during the recap and I never knew that Disney used that as a basis for their versions.

brich

I never knew that Disney used that as a basis for their versions.
Disney did? I though Brian McKnight just covered the song for the CD like all the other artists on that CD. This totally sounds like a Disney written song but I could be wrong. :veryconfu

djmatthews

Does anybody here, or does anybody know if the "Remember The Magic" / "Magical Moments" parade version is availaable without the "25 years of Disney magic" line i.e. the version that was played after the 25th Anniversary was over.

KevinPage

brich said:
Disney did? I though Brian McKnight just covered the song for the CD like all the other artists on that CD. This totally sounds like a Disney written song but I could be wrong. :veryconfu

I don't really know. I'm thoroughly confused now. :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

stitchlvr

I'm confused as well...I clearly recall the "Remember the Magic" song from the afternoon parade at MK, in 2000, which I believed was part of the millenium celebration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom