"Remember The Magic" Parade Song

Steve-Matt

Original Poster
Many Thanks!

All your replies have been great, I now have the parade version, it's just over 9 mins long, would have been great to have a longer prade version (not sure one exsists?) I have now orderd the 'Music From The Park' CD.

So mission accomplished!

Thanks Guys!

(187 DTG)

WDWScottieBoy

Glad to see you finally got it. I do have both versions I believe (I know I have the Brian McKnight version for sure).

As Melissa (Ditzeechick02) said, we love the song so much and we're going to have it as our first dance together at the wedding.

Brich, that's awesome that you had it as yours too. We figure that since we're going to get married at WDW, what other song is more fitting and perfect....nothing can top that song!

ISTCrew20

MerHearted said:
Is there another version? I remember a version of a woman singing it in the ads at the time. The lyrics were a bit different like "Can you remember the way it used to feel when you believed in make-believe and fairy tales were real."
There are many versions. It was also used in the national ad campaign for WDW's birthday. If you still have Toy Story on VHS, there is on before that. At the end of the commercial, the little tune came on, and the woman sang "it's time to remember the magic". It kinda reminds me of the McDonalds (I'm lovin' it) song.

But it seems that every version has different lyrics. The only similarities between the Brian Mcknight version and the upbeat parade song are the lines : "The Feeling that our hearts can just take wings, We can live out all our dreams. . . No matter how no matter when, we can reach that world again."

The Disneyland version had a completely different version, but with the same beat as the WDW parade version. Disneyland had different lyrics like "Remember the heroes of the day: Winnie The Pooh, and Tigger too. They're all comin' your way. Remember, and live it all again, go back to 'way back when', it's time to remember the magic".

It's such a great step back in time.

Didn't Gloria Estefan do a version of the song? I seem to remember having a very poor quality copy of that version of the song downloaded, but it was so bad that I got rid of it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For those non IRC-ers hunting for the parade version I picked it up on the Japanese import Disneyland / WDW Music Vacation - you may need to order it though.

disney4me4ever

brich said:
...... Disney's Music From the Park from Sept 1996. Amazon.com currently has 16 used copies. Search for Disney's Music from the Park. :D

Not to be OT, but anyone know what else is on that CD? I'm looking for the 'old' Illuminations preshow tracks by Cusco, Yehuda Poliker, etc. Unfortunately I've never been able to get D-C to work. :cry:

Thanks.

disney4me4ever

I was able to find the complete Epcot ROE (old) version on limewire.com; it's about 31 minutes. There's alot of Parks music there, as well as several of the Remember the Magic versions. I've never been able to get D-C going on my laptop, so this is a good alternative.

tigger248

stitchlvr said:
I'm confused as well...I clearly recall the "Remember the Magic" song from the afternoon parade at MK, in 2000, which I believed was part of the millenium celebration.

The parade did run during 2000, but it debuted in 1996 for the 25th anniversary celebration. After the 25th, it was renamed the Magical Moments Parade and the parts about the 25th anniversary in the lyrics were removed. The Magical Moments Parade ran until late 2001 when the 100 Years of Magic Celebration began and Share A Dream Come True debuted.

SteamboatJoe

I was just looking for the WDW 25th Anniversary of this this the other day. All that comes up is a whole bunch of old home videos with relatively poor and disrupted audio quality. I do have that track from the Music from the Park CD though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom