Remarkable Cast Members

zurgandfriend

Original Poster
This thread may have been done before, but I feel it should be revived every once in a while. Are there any cast members that really stick out in your memory for their remarkable service?
I will always remember a wait-person at the old Concourse Steakhouse. It was my son’s birthday and we were eating breakfast. She overheard my say son “hurry Dad we have to get to the Magic Kingdom and get my birthday button.” When she heard that she said “we can get you one here” she went and got him a button, along with a birthday cup cake and brought a bunch of other cast members over to wish him happy birthday. They stopped and talked to my son about any special plans for the day. She told him how much he would enjoy what we had planned, Cirque Du Soleil and the California Grille. A few mornings later when we again ate breakfast in the Concourse again she came over and wanted to hear all about how my son’s big day. That really stuck in my son’s memory as now every time we walk through the Grand Canyon Concourse my son says” Dad do you remember that really nice waitress?” along with “I wish they hadn’t closed the steakhouse.”

sublimesting

In order to feel more magical at work, I am going to start refering to my staff as Cast Members...none of them are very remarkeable though.

One time the Dapper Dans hopped on the steam car with my wife and I and serenaded us down Main Street while CMs walked along side us putting Mickey stickers on our backs and we were dropped off just in time for the afternoon stage show at the castle. That was pretty f'ing magical.

Mouse Man

Yes there is a very special cast member that worked at the shop in Dixie Landings. The Cast Members name is Mary Yost. My Mom in her 70's went to Disney for the very first time and stayed at the Dixie Landings now Port Orleans Riverside. Mary and my Mom hit it off. Well for years to come Mary has sent my Mom a little gift from Disney World and always signed it from your friend in Disney World Florida. My wife and I have went back into the gift shop a few times and have said hello to Mary for my Mom and have delivered a letter or two for here as well. My Mom is 93 years old and she still remembers Mary till this Day. Now to me that is what an exceptional, great high standards cast member does. This is also one of many reasons why I stay At Port Orleans River Side most of the time when we go to Disney.

sublimesting

Yes there is a very special cast member that worked at the shop in Dixie Landings. The Cast Members name is Mary Yost. My Mom in her 70's went to Disney for the very first time and stayed at the Dixie Landings now Port Orleans Riverside. Mary and my Mom hit it off. Well for years to come Mary has sent my Mom a little gift from Disney World and always signed it from your friend in Disney World Florida. My wife and I have went back into the gift shop a few times and have said hello to Mary for my Mom and have delivered a letter or two for here as well. My Mom is 93 years old and she still remembers Mary till this Day. Now to me that is what an exceptional, great high standards cast member does. This is also one of many reasons why I stay At Port Orleans River Side most of the time when we go to Disney.

Wow:eek:

luvlifeinfl

I do not have anything that special, but I think it is amazing that some of the CM treat their job, not like a job, but that they are there to give someone an memorable day and just a positive experiance.

kktwinsdad

Magic at work

While vising WDW in November 07', my wife, twin 7 year old girls and I had a 8:30am reservation for a Caracter Breakfast at Cape May. We woke early that morning and the front desk at Post Orleans French Quater told us to take the bus to MGM ( now Hollywood ) and catch a boat over to the Beach Club. When we arrived at MGM there was no one there except a cleaning person. After a minute she approched us and asked if we need help and we told her that we needed the boat to the Beach Club, which she told us that the first boat isn't until 9:00am. As she walked away she pulled out a walkie-talkie and told us someone whould be over to see us. With in three minutes a car pulls up and a man comes over and asks us about our problem. He then gets on his walkie-talkie and within two minute there is a empty but there to take us to our destination. He tells us he is charge of transportation and appologizes for the misinformation the people at our resort gave us and them proceed to tell the bus driver to immediatly take us to the Beach Club and not to stop any where on the way.
Our day could have been ruined, except for a cleaning lady and a tranportation manager who knew what the real "Magic" is.

WDW 3

We were staying at SOG and I know the bus service is contracted out, but we had such a fun bus driver. He was a clown on his winter vacation. He had is portfolio with his clown picture and chatted non-stop. He obviously loved his two jobs. The other side to this is although we enjoyed his stories and visiting when we had the pleasure, other guest were just plain annoyed and rude because I guess they thought the help should just shut up and drive.

Ariel484

My husband and I had our honeymoon at Disney World in May and our first night we went to the Studios to take advantage of EMH. I wanted to try out TSMM, but the fastpasses were gone and the line was normal TSMM length. As I gazed longingly at the line, a CM (his name escapes me :() started chatting with us about the honeymoon, wedding, etc. after he noticed our "Just Married" buttons. Then he stuck his hand out and said "Here's a wedding gift from me"...TSMM fastpasses that we could use any time over the course of the week! We decided to use them right then and there and walked right onto the ride. As we were getting off the ride, the CM that gave us the FPs saw us and said "Wow, that was fast!" It was a great start to the trip and our first small taste of a CM passing on some Disney Magic. :)

(Totally unrelated...100 posts!) :sohappy:

tix2grrr

There is a castmember that works out of the main house on main st usa that goes by the nickname "Brick" This happened a few years back when I was married. We were going to take the keys to the kingdom tour on our anniversary date and forces goin against us we ended up being late. So we missed that tour. Brick went out of his way to reschedule to the next day, got us several fast passes to anything we wanted, AND brought out a mickey and minnie wedding statue for us. Always make sure to let a senior castmember know when something good is going down. I am sure it doesnt happen often enough. Everyone always concentrates on the negative.

durangojim

There are two that I think of. One was a fantastic waiter at Le Cellier a couple of years ago. Extremely attentive and helpful, especially since we were there with our 3 y/o and 6 month old. We let guest relations know about him on the way out of EPCOT, hopefully he was recognized by the company in some way. The other one is a CM whose name I forget, but she works at the pin stand in the WL. I've seen her there for the past 4 or 5 years and always make a point to say hello. She's given my son a couple of free pins in the past and is just a really nice person.

julsie

amazing thats so nice

mastif

that's quite a story!

Chrononymous

My Dad pased away on Father's Day 2006, and before he died he had expressed a desire to go back to Disney one more time.

My Mom and I brought his ashes with us in December of that year, and on his birthday, we celebrated by having breakfast at Ohana at the Polynesian.

We told the CM who was our waitress that we were celebrating Dad's birthday, even though he couldn't be there in person. We showed her the photo of him with Pluto, and explained that he wanted one last trip...even though it was not to be.

At the end of breakfast, she came out with a beautiful chocolate birthday cake and gave it to us in honor of him. She told everyone around us about this very special event we were celebrating.

We shared the cake with all the families around us, and told out waitress to have the rest and share it with the characters, who had been so cool to come over and play several times with us.

We sent a letter and photos to WDW to thank her.
I am getting teary eyed again just thinking about how awesome that was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom