Remake of Adventures in Babysitting?

Highland_Holly

Original Poster
I recently read a rumor that Disney is remaking Adventures in Babysitting and casting Raven in the Elizabeth Shue role... anyone else heard this??? And does anyone else think this is just WRONG WRONG WRONG???

Holly

P.S. I'll try to re-find the source and post... I think it was on E!

bucklmd

While I personally love that movie, I don't think it is good enough to bother with a remake. I would think it would make more sense to write a whole new movie. :)

JimboJones123

But those over constipated faces she makes are priceless. Really, if she doesn't overdo it like in the show, she isn't that bad. She was on with Rachel Ray and acted NORMAL and was really a nice girl. I just get turned off when she goes all "Jim Carrey" with herself.

MickeyTigg

It's not a rumor...it's fact...

Disney calls on Raven-Symone to baby-sit

<!-- END HEADLINE --> <!-- BEGIN STORY BODY --> Reuters

By Borys KitWed
July 12, 2006

Raven-Symone, star of "That's So Raven," is attached to star in the Walt Disney Pictures remake of "Adventures in Babysitting."

Symone also has signed an acting and producing deal with Disney that includes a guaranteed pay or play on one movie, with an option for a second. It is uncertain whether "Babysitting" will be part of that deal.

The 1987 "Babysitting," which starred Elisabeth Shue, followed a high school senior who gets stuck baby-sitting a bunch of kids. The dull night is interrupted when she gets a call for help from a friend stuck downtown, leading her and the kids into a night of misadventures. The movie marked the directorial debut of Chris Columbus.

Lynda Obst, who produced the 1987 original with Debra Hill, is on board to produce the remake. David Stem and David Weiss wrote the script for the new "Babysitting." No director has been named yet.

"That's So Raven" is one of the Disney Channel's highest-rated shows. Symone also stars in the upcoming Disney telefilm "Cheetah Girls 2." In addition, she produces content for broadband and mobile phones.

whizGoofy

I like Raven & I like the movie, but I do not think they should put those two together. The movie is not ready for a remake. Still too recent (I know it is from the 80's, however still to recent). Just my opinion though!

MickeyTigg

While I agree that it's too soon for a remake of the movie, I don't have a problem with Raven....at least she's not a stick like Lindsay Lohan, the Olsen twins or Hilliary Duff.

I think that she's a good role model for little girls...that you don't have to be thin to be popular. She's okay with the body God gave her.

Scar Junior

Actually, Raven is a very talented dramatic actress. When she doesn't try to be funny - and yes, she does "try" - and act in a serious role, it is impressive. I don't understand if comedy is her and her agent's goal, or Disney's. I thought it was movies/casting like this that are going to be changed with WDP's downsizing.

ctwhalerman

I hope Raven starts to move away from Disney. She was always one of those "Oh, I like her" celebrities that was seen once in a while, but since Disney seems to use her in everything and everywhere, now she is something like a ubiquitous "I thought she was in rehab" or "I thought she was dead" D-list celebrity who can always be seen at openings of Red Lobsters and kitchy attractions around the country.

For the love of God, Raven, get away from Disney and salvage your career by making something worthwhile!:brick:

Scar Junior

ctwhalerman said:
I hope Raven starts to move away from Disney. She was always one of those "Oh, I like her" celebrities that was seen once in a while, but since Disney seems to use her in everything and everywhere, now she is something like a ubiquitous "I thought she was in rehab" or "I thought she was dead" D-list celebrity who can always be seen at openings of Red Lobsters and kitchy attractions around the country.

For the love of God, Raven, get away from Disney and salvage your career by making something worthwhile!:brick:

For sure.

MMP

Disney did a pretty good job jump starting the careers of other teenybopper sucesses like Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff so I don't think it will be bad for Raven's career.
Everyone is so remake crazy these days that not much bothers me anymore. I guess they're just trying to make these movies relevent to kids today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom