Reliving a disney experience

vintageepcot

Original Poster
Is there ever a ride at disney that you once loved but wish you were old enough to remember it more or the memory just fades away. Not just thru video but remembering your own experience. This might sound like a joke but they really need a pavilion that holds a past ride and each year switch them out. That would possibly be a attractions to bring in more guests because there is always something fresh and new well not new but you get the point, plus the rush to go there even of you dont really have plans to go there but have to go on that ride once again until it's turn comes again.

_Scar

My first Splash Mountain ride. So terrifying to a 6 year old. But I love it to this day. Conquering Splash is one of my greatest Disney and overall childhood memories ever. I felt like a grown up lol. The ride photo is still in my possesion, so I guess I'll always be reminded of it. I just would like to remember it exactly. It was such a great day!

BTW, I thought I was going on iasw... little did I know iasw is way more terrifying than Splash Mountain as an adult. :lol:

vintageepcot

Original Poster
My first Splash Mountain ride. So terrifying to a 6 year old. But I love it to this day. Conquering Splash is one of my greatest Disney and overall childhood memories ever. I felt like a grown up lol. The ride photo is still in my possesion, so I guess I'll always be reminded of it. I just would like to remember it exactly. It was such a great day!

BTW, I thought I was going on iasw... little did I know iasw is way more terrifying than Splash Mountain as an adult. :lol:

I was never afraid but my sister on the other hand there is a picture of her eyes bulging out of her head because she was convinced that we weren't on the ride with the drop and when she saw the hill... priceless :ROFLOL::sohappy:.

DisneyWall-E

Like your idea of a past ride pavillion. I wish I could have ridden 20K just one more time. I can remember bits and pieces about it, but not anything too spacific really. I think with the tech today they can make one heck of a submarine ride again.

wdwwdeagle

I wish I could remember more clearly: Mr. Toad's, 20,000 Leagues and Skyway.

I also wish I could remember something, anything about EPCOT the first time I went when I was in college. I know I went, because there are photos, but I can't remember a darn thing except seeing hydroponics in the LWTL ride... and only that because there's a photo of a giant sunflower. Maybe it has something to do with "those crazy college years." Wink!

DizneyPryncess

"If You Had Wings" wins it for me. I was very little the last time I rode this, and I remember loving it. For the life of me though, I can't remember much about it. 20K Leagues would be on my list too. I just rode the Nemo version in Disneyland it brought back old memories.

Disney_Belle

Like your idea of a past ride pavillion. I wish I could have ridden 20K just one more time. I can remember bits and pieces about it, but not anything too spacific really. I think with the tech today they can make one heck of a submarine ride again.

You know up until 2 weeks ago I thought I never got to ride 20K. I was so bummed the past 21 years of my life that I missed it. Until my father told me we rode it when I was 4 - but I just don't remember it. I kind of do - but I didn't think that was the ride I was on lol. So I'm bummed I don't remember it - but happy that I can say I did ride it! lol

vintageepcot

Original Poster

Then in this case the list will be 20K, Dream Finder because Imagination is still there, Horizons, and undecided :lol:. But administration isn't nice enough to do that :lol:.

DisneyWall-E

Also, I have to put in a vote for Delta Dream Flight. Don't know what it was about that ride, but when I was a kid I loved going on it. Guess it had to do with a jet plane. But my favorite was the tunnel that made me feel like I was doing a corkscrew.

ShadowWind

You know, I don't know why Disney didn't film in high quality each attraction before they closed it, and then sold the videos in the gift shop. I'm sure people would have loved to have clean, crisp memories of all the attractions long gone.

For me, it would have to be World of Motion. It was always my favorite. The scenes were just wonderful stories of days gone by that were incredibly detailed.

Unfortunately, Disney has a tendency to gut the parts in various attractions when they close for other uses or for what amounts to museum pieces, so it would be prohibitively expensive to bring back rides from the past, but it would be a cool thing if they could.

Lord Pheonix

i remember goiing every year as a kid, going on 20k once, but never again. my mom said they leaked and was afraid they would sink, haha. kinda stupid but think how well disney does their job when a grown rational adult thinks a tracked ride will sink. i also remember all the others mentioned here, including dream flight. i even have home movies of us in disney in the 80s, epcot opening day, etc. we used to drive down, even have videos of south of the border and the orange groves.

can you believe that we used to go down for a week and all there was was the magic kingdom? we would go there for a few days, then hit the "stars hall of fame" wax museum, cypress gardens, and pre-rides seaworld. have vids of all of them.

bgraham34

I wish I remembered the skyway and the old Imagination ride. That was always one of my favorites. I think i even had a Figment plush way back when.

travelgip

I was told as a small kid I loved the Swan Boats. Also, Mr. Toad's and Snow White's SCARY Adventures, not the "watered down" version we have now. I have pictures of when the witch would "pop" out at you. That was a great ride!

sublimesting

Is there ever a ride at disney that you once loved but wish you were old enough to remember it more or the memory just fades away. Not just thru video but remembering your own experience. This might sound like a joke but they really need a pavilion that holds a past ride and each year switch them out. That would possibly be a attractions to bring in more guests because there is always something fresh and new well not new but you get the point, plus the rush to go there even of you dont really have plans to go there but have to go on that ride once again until it's turn comes again.

Yup, The Mickey Mouse Review. I have very faint memories of it but saw it on Youtube and it rekindled my memory.

ShadowWind

can you believe that we used to go down for a week and all there was was the magic kingdom? we would go there for a few days, then hit the "stars hall of fame" wax museum, cypress gardens, and pre-rides seaworld. have vids of all of them.

Wow, I remember Stars Hall of Fame. Went there a couple times. Coke had a deal once that they were giving out discount tickets for the various places in orlando and we did all the small attractions. Remember Florida Festival? That was a pretty cool place until the roof came off. :)

Lord Pheonix

i have a vid of every single exhibit in the stars hall of fame. someone gimmie a free membership here and ill upload the vids i have.

i even have woody harrleson from cheers, (i think thats his name) on tape at epcot in the opening year doin a follow-up for pm magazine, which i also have as well as the original pm magazine episode while they were building epcot. i wanna say its the first week, because we would go every year and were there on epcot opening day and mgm opening day. my mother was pointing out a "lizard looking" topiary, it was actually figment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom