Relatively quiet areas in the theme parks

Takeitforgranite

Don't tell anyone this, but there is an area behind the Ye Old Christmas Shoppe. I had no idea it was there because there is no reason to go back there. I imagine it's probably one of the least crowded areas outside of Tom Sawyer Island.

If you are at the back of the castle facing the castle, those pathways facing either left or right are generally pretty quiet.

The walkway between the Barnstormer and Space Mountain is quiet.

Musical Mermaid

Is it wrong that I don't want to share our secret spots?? My luck next time I go there, they may have a wait time or FP+.
The way people blab about certain topics nowadays within seconds has destroyed most secrets. If you want something to remain relatively secluded and special, the best option is to keep quiet, especially on the internet. I don’t blame you at all.

Bender123

Is it wrong that I don't want to share our secret spots?? My luck next time I go there, they may have a wait time or FP+.

This is how I feel...I have multiple spots at all parks that almost never have people. Slowly the crowds have overtaken spot after spot, but there are a few that are so out of the way, that they are almost isolated.

Honestly, though, the best pace for a relaxing time near the MK is to take the launch to Wilderness lodge and sit in a chair by the lake. From some angels, you almost feel you aren't anywhere near WDW. Take an hour for dinner at Geyser Point and you will feel like you are sitting on a lake in Northern Wisconsin...the way its built almost completely blocks views of the contemporary, MK and other landmarks.

Rlandrigan

In Epcot, right next to the Cool Spot there's an entrance to Innoventions that's now a lounge/rest area - couches and outlets, and quiet. A great place to sit and chill for a second. The butterfly gardens in UK, and the Imagination area are also good places to spin down a bit. Morocco is a good place, too - lots of smaller spaces to break up sight lines and give you some quiet and privacy if needed.
Tom Sawyer's Island is great to relax in, but getting there can be a little hectic. The main train station at the front of MK is a good place, you can look over the park and generally find a calmer spot.

JIMINYCR

MK... Across from the Castle theres a green top pavilion that used to be the Swan Boat area. It now sits vacant unless its being used for an event. Also passing behind the Castle on a small path, you will come to Cindarellas wishing well. That area is usually very quiet and offers a place to sit. .
EP... Besides the UK gardens, Canada is usually fairly quiet so walking up top you have benches and a peaceful view. The China pavilion, Reflection of China area usually is quiet enough without crowds. Lots of benches to sit. Across from the American pavilion there is an area where concerts take place. Thats a quiet area to sit when nothings going on.

BigDave

Early morning coffee spot....shhhh

Attachments

• 20150110_062621.jpg
    20150110_062621.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 204

correcaminos

Thank you so very much for this, these are all wonderful suggestions! I highly appreciate all your input, it instantly makes me feel more relaxed and confident about the trip :).
You are definitely not alone. Something else to add is if you feel stressed in Epcot, you can always go to the lounges at Y&BC or Boardwalk. Grab some ice cream at Ample Hills and relax. The other thing is the smaller shops (not like the Emporium or Mouse Gears) in general are less crowded and more quiet. Also never hesitate to ask CMs if they know of a nice quiet place to go. They've helped me a time or two with that :)

Bender123

In Epcot, right next to the Cool Spot there's an entrance to Innoventions that's now a lounge/rest area - couches and outlets, and quiet. A great place to sit and chill for a second. The butterfly gardens in UK, and the Imagination area are also good places to spin down a bit. Morocco is a good place, too - lots of smaller spaces to break up sight lines and give you some quiet and privacy if needed.
Tom Sawyer's Island is great to relax in, but getting there can be a little hectic. The main train station at the front of MK is a good place, you can look over the park and generally find a calmer spot.

We don't talk about the innoventions spot. Its like fight club.

TARDIS

I'm have the same anxiety issues. People mover is my go to but also I find the area right? Of mission space great. During they day there's hardly anyone in this area so I find a spot to chill and calm down. Once off the crowded boat to Tom Sawyer island is a ton of space to take a nice break :inlove:. Liberty bell can be a relaxing ride and provide some space depending on time of day as well. Time of year varries on people free spaces so take advantage of whatever you find. Avoid fantasy land area at all cost if your anxiety is at peak! That area can be a nightmare, my husband always grabs my hand to guide me through so I don't freak out. Epcot there is a bridge I can't remember where but I often go there to get a people rest. Epcot in general has enough nooks and crannies to get away :). At Animal kingdom my favorite is around the dinosaur ride.I usually find this place aside from right at the queue to be less people heavy,especially to the right of the t-Rex fossil. Hollywood studios I like outside of rock n roller coaster nearish the restrooms.

Last edited:

graphite1326

I may need some help with this one since my memory is not as good as it used to be. But I think it's around the corner from Hall of the Presidents and across from the Christmas shoppe there is a little porch area with some rocking chairs on it. And at one time I believe there was a checker board there. My DW spends an hour or so in the Christmas Shoppe and I sit and people watch. It's kinda out of the way and nobody seems to use it.

NearTheEars

Funny thing is, it's actually a fairly popular ride that always has people in line, but it's such a fast-loader and nearly never stops running or slows down, so the small line makes it seem like it's not being ridden. Great ride for relaxing and just looking at plants for a bit.

PeopleMover was ridiculously bad on this past trip. What used to be a quick walk-on is now a 20-30 minute wait with lines stretching down to Space Mountain. Totally bizarre.

Yeah the lines for the PeopleMover have been quite long lately. Not really sure what has changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom