Relatively quiet areas in the theme parks

ColdSun

Original Poster
So, our WDW Trip is only a bit over a month away and here I am again with a - maybe slightly weird - question ;).

I was wondering if there are any areas in the 4 theme parks that are a bit quieter than others. I sometimes suffer from anxiety when constantly being among crowds, so of course theme park visits can be exhausting. But I love theme parks in general and Disney in particular and I'll also be travelling with my boyfriend who knows how to handle me in anxious situations. So I should be good.
Nevertheless I was hoping that you lovely people might have some tips about areas that are more secluded/quieter than others. It doesn't matter if it's a restaurant, a bench or even a not-thrilling attraction. Whatever comes to your mind. Main thing is that I can sit there a bit to recharge. I know of course that I can always go to First Aid when things get really bad but if possible I like to cope in other (more enjoyable) ways ;).

neoshinok

MK - Tom Sawyer Island, People Mover, Carousel of Progress, Swiss Family Robinson treehouse if it isn't packed.

Epcot - The Seas pavilion, Impressions de France, Voices of Liberty (if you'll enjoy singing and don't mind applause), Morocco pavilion shops, Innoventions, Living with the Land.

AK - Gorilla Falls trail, Maharajah jungle trek, Rafiki's planet watch, the previous show Flights of Wonder (hoping the new show is similar)

HS - Walt Disney presents (One Man's Dream), the current dead end at the end of Pixar Place, Muppet vision 3D, Star Wars launch Bay for the AC.

jimbojones

So, our WDW Trip is only a bit over a month away and here I am again with a - maybe slightly weird - question ;).

I was wondering if there are any areas in the 4 theme parks that are a bit quieter than others. I sometimes suffer from anxiety when constantly being among crowds, so of course theme park visits can be exhausting. But I love theme parks in general and Disney in particular and I'll also be travelling with my boyfriend who knows how to handle me in anxious situations. So I should be good.
Nevertheless I was hoping that you lovely people might have some tips about areas that are more secluded/quieter than others. It doesn't matter if it's a restaurant, a bench or even a not-thrilling attraction. Whatever comes to your mind. Main thing is that I can sit there a bit to recharge. I know of course that I can always go to First Aid when things get really bad but if possible I like to cope in other (more enjoyable) ways ;).
As others have said, Tom Sawyers island is the best spot for some quiet time in all the parks. My guess is that it is the least utilized area of MK. There are lots of little quite spots in a forested setting. Very peaceful

correcaminos

ugh, if true you just crushed my soul a little bit :-(
I've only seen waits when it was broken down. I've never seen it above 10-15 even in busy times. Not including holidays (don't do that). I also disagree with the same person saying that France is quiet by the cafe - it's always busy when I go.

I deal with anxiety too and crowds definitely make it worse. Here are the ones I've come up with.

MK: People Mover, area by the wishing well, Tom Sawyer Island, sometimes the shops around Liberty Square can be quiet. Also some seating near the Tomorrowland Terrace can be nice. The steamboat ride is very relaxing as well.

Epcot: Morrocco Pavilion by the shops would be my first pick, Canada is nice and quiet as well, the second floor of the Living Seas isn't usually too bad, parts of innoventions can be nice. The walkway by the old Odyssey is good too!

DHS: this one is harder right now due to construction. Walt Disney Presents is pretty decent. Some of the shops can be okay.

AK: Maharaja Jungle Trek, Gorilla Falls, Rafiki Planet, honestly there are a lot of little pathways that are harder to just say where they are, but that one I find rather relaxing by comparison.

Otterhead

I was wondering if there are any areas in the 4 theme parks that are a bit quieter than others.
I'll let you in on my favorite secret quiet spot in the parks.
If you go into Pinocchio's Village Haus, you'll see a set of stairs. Sometimes they're roped off, but usually open. Head upstairs and open the door you see at the top of the stairs, and head out onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard. There's rarely anybody up there and it's a perfect quiet place to relax with a cold drink out of the crowds.

Otterhead

The Land: usually nobody rides this ride
Funny thing is, it's actually a fairly popular ride that always has people in line, but it's such a fast-loader and nearly never stops running or slows down, so the small line makes it seem like it's not being ridden. Great ride for relaxing and just looking at plants for a bit.

PeopleMover was ridiculously bad on this past trip. What used to be a quick walk-on is now a 20-30 minute wait with lines stretching down to Space Mountain. Totally bizarre.

nickys

Premium Member
In Epcot, the gardens in Canada, UK, Japan, China are peaceful places. Watching the trains can also be calming.

In MK, TSI would be my first go to place. The path behind Speedway, although the benches are mostly in the smoking spot I think. Upstairs at Columbia Harbour House; down one of the side streets off Mian St they have tables and chairs out; around the side of Crystal Palace can be surprisingly calm. CoP! Sitting in the station at the back of NFL as well, lots of benches and no one will make you get on the train!

AK - any of the trails, the seating at Flame Tree nearest the water. Even the seating for ROL if they let you in.

danyoung56

I'll let you in on my favorite secret quiet spot in the parks.
If you go into Pinocchio's Village Haus, you'll see a set of stairs. Sometimes they're roped off, but usually open. Head upstairs and open the door you see at the top of the stairs, and head out onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard. There's rarely anybody up there and it's a perfect quiet place to relax with a cold drink out of the crowds.

Similarly, Columbia Harbor House has an upstairs that's nice and quiet. I really enjoy getting my food and then sitting on the bridge with the windows overlooking the crowd below. It makes for a nice lunch and a nice break!

correcaminos

time of day makes a difference. i usually go to France for breakfast at open. Never alot of people near that cafe/passterie place.

People Mover is really bad, especially with all the short staffing and disney after hours (pushing normal people to certain days). Last trip I didn't even ride People Mover because they always had long lines.

Yes if you go to France before WS officially opens it will be more quiet. As will the rest of WS :) That's why I don't suggest that area because if you deal with anxiety it won't be right at park opening usually - at least in my case it is cumulative.

Sorry about your bad luck, but I think it was just that - bad luck. The People Mover even during spring break was very short in line. Summer wasn't bad either. I'd still put those on the list.

Similarly, Columbia Harbor House has an upstairs that's nice and quiet. I really enjoy getting my food and then sitting on the bridge with the windows overlooking the crowd below. It makes for a nice lunch and a nice break!
Oh yes, I had forgotten this! The last times I ate there we had my aunt who is disabled with us so we haven't been up there in a few years.

Reminds me that Electric Umbrella has this too :)

msg7

If you're willing to take the monorail 4 stops from the MK to the Grand Floridian, the Grand Floridian Cafe is a quiet restaurant with decent food! Even just taking a stroll outside at the back of the GF is relaxing and quiet.

Jim BigThunder

I'll add my voice to the choir regarding Tom Sawyer Island: the most peaceful spot in any park.

Grand Floridian is definitely a nice place to hang out, and just a short monorail hop from the MK.

Disney World does not place benches like Disneyland does, but a quiet bench out of the way can help restore your nerves. I like the suggestion about the corner of Epcot by Universe of Energy. Animal Kingdom: definitely Planet Watch - air conditioned and relaxing. Hollywood Studios: my quiet times are generally spent dining at the Commissary.

Jim BigThunder

Huge overstatement. I don't know the PeopleMover has ever been a 40min wait in the hundreds of times I've been to the MK. Even with the extra rope line, we never have waited longer than 15. It's routinely 5 minutes to walk on.
People Mover has been longer than normal during my past few visits (January of this year; June of last year), but if you come back the lines have not been consistently long all day. If it's short, I ride it. If it's long, I chill at Carousel of Progress and check back after.

Chef Mickey

People Mover has been longer than normal during my past few visits (January of this year; June of last year), but if you come back the lines have not been consistently long all day. If it's short, I ride it. If it's long, I chill at Carousel of Progress and check back after.
I was just there in December and it was a walk on every day besides peak afternoon. Then it was 15min, tops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom