Relatively quiet areas in the theme parks

NearTheEars

I may need some help with this one since my memory is not as good as it used to be. But I think it's around the corner from Hall of the Presidents and across from the Christmas shoppe there is a little porch area with some rocking chairs on it. And at one time I believe there was a checker board there. My DW spends an hour or so in the Christmas Shoppe and I sit and people watch. It's kinda out of the way and nobody seems to use it.

Love that spot. Have been told to move a few times thought just before the Muppets show.

mergatroid

Just where the exit to Space Mountain is. Exit the shop and do a right instead of a left and there's a quiet path between the raceway and the railway. There's also some places to sit before the path where you can enjoy watching people drive the cars in a relatively secluded spot.

When Tron opens this will be lost forever as it possibly will when building commences.

Minnesota disney fan

I don't think we here on the Dis have to worry about "everyone finding out" our secret spots.
We are but a "drop on the lake of life or Disney" LOL!
Dumb quotes aside, I really don't think we have to worry about a hoard of people finding our spots and blocking them:)
I like the little paths around the Castle; the rocking chairs on the porch in Liberty area, just down and across the street from the Christmas shop. Usually no one is there, and it is quite restful sitting there and watching everyone go by. I also love the area behind the UK in Epcot, so peaceful and beautiful! Love this thread because it gives me some new ideas for our trip in 10 days!

I'll let you in on my favorite secret quiet spot in the parks.
If you go into Pinocchio's Village Haus, you'll see a set of stairs. Sometimes they're roped off, but usually open. Head upstairs and open the door you see at the top of the stairs, and head out onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard. There's rarely anybody up there and it's a perfect quiet place to relax with a cold drink out of the crowds.
THIS. A MILLION TIMES THIS. And someone earlier said the steamboat, I agree with that as well. Heck, the waiting area FOR the steamboat is a nice breather.

KaliSplash

The other side of the rest rooms in Tomorrowland near Space Mountain can be pretty calm. (the side closest to the railroad track). Tom Sawyer's Island is very good. Oddly, seems like there is a bench or two near the exit of Thunder Mountain. It's not on the way to anywhere.

At Epcot, Some alcoves in the Seas are quiet and off the beaten path. Innoventions used to have some quiet areas but I haven't been back there in a while. Back in the front corners of the plaza in Mexico. The gardens at China on the right of the main building. The American Gardens seating area if there are no shows going on. Through the arch to the River side of France, looking out over the water toward Swan and Dolphin, etc. the gardens in England. and the gardens in Canada.

At the Studios, I haven't been in a while and there's tons of work going on. But the area near the Indiana Jones Store should still be quiet.

At Animal Kingdom, the trails around Tree of Life, The seating area for Flame Tree BBQ. either side of Dinosaur, on approach or exit off to the side. May be some areas off to the side of Finding Nemo Musical before you head to Expedition Everest. The trail running from Pandora up to Africa on the other side of the river. And there are plenty of nooks and crannies in Pandora.

SeaCastle

Magic Kingdom- smaller courtyards in vicinity of Pirates, boardwalks around Frontierland, the area around Sleepy Hollow in LS, pathway between Storybookland Circus and Space Mountain (if you don't mind the Indy), east Center Street on Main Street

EPCOT- International Gateway, China reflection pool, pathway between Imagination and the Refreshment Port, back areas of any pavilion

MGM- Echo Lake by 50s Prime Time, Commissary Lane

DAK- either of the walking trails

BoarderPhreak

MK is a bit tough, but Epcot has tons of places to chill. I call them "dead zones" and they're mostly located in FW because of all the winding paths (and Innoventions, LOL). WS is a bit tougher, but generally along the lagoon, across from the respective countries.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I'll let you in on my favorite secret quiet spot in the parks.
If you go into Pinocchio's Village Haus, you'll see a set of stairs. Sometimes they're roped off, but usually open. Head upstairs and open the door you see at the top of the stairs, and head out onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard. There's rarely anybody up there and it's a perfect quiet place to relax with a cold drink out of the crowds.

Yes! Great spot and likewise I was thinking just outside the back doors towards the lesser crowded bathrooms behind it....we enjoyed chilling sitting on the walls along the curvy uphill ramp heading out of there. We could see tons of people in the distance but hardly any traffic where we were. :happy:

BoarderPhreak

The quiet little side street cul de sac on Main St. USA:

L1006072.jpg

L1005947.jpg

On the right side heading up into BTMRR:

L1008417.jpg

On Tom Sawyer Island there are a few rocking chairs overlooking BTMRR.

L1009157.jpg

Some out on the other side overlooking the HM too:

L1009180.jpg

Don't tell anyone this, but there is an area behind the Ye Old Christmas Shoppe. I had no idea it was there because there is no reason to go back there. I imagine it's probably one of the least crowded areas outside of Tom Sawyer Island...

L1005808.jpg

L1008356.jpg

_1D_7816.jpg

_1D_7819.jpg

_1D_7824.jpg

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
So, our WDW Trip is only a bit over a month away and here I am again with a - maybe slightly weird - question ;).

I was wondering if there are any areas in the 4 theme parks that are a bit quieter than others. I sometimes suffer from anxiety when constantly being among crowds, so of course theme park visits can be exhausting. But I love theme parks in general and Disney in particular and I'll also be travelling with my boyfriend who knows how to handle me in anxious situations. So I should be good.
Nevertheless I was hoping that you lovely people might have some tips about areas that are more secluded/quieter than others. It doesn't matter if it's a restaurant, a bench or even a not-thrilling attraction. Whatever comes to your mind. Main thing is that I can sit there a bit to recharge. I know of course that I can always go to First Aid when things get really bad but if possible I like to cope in other (more enjoyable) ways ;).
Not weird at all. Sometimes recharging is necessary.

MK - Carousel of Progress is a great ride to get on and just chill for a while. There's also an area near the speedway and Space Mountain that has very few people going by. My parents used to have my brother and me take naps there as babies. Tiki Birds is another great chill ride. As is Country Bears. But if you really just completely want a break, go over to Tom Sawyer's Island and find a rocking chair. One of the quietest spots in the entire park.

Epcot - behind the UK pavilion when there's no music playing, also towards the back of Canada. The movie in France is a good place to also chill for a while, as is American Adventure. In FW, during non peak times, the Land's seating area is a very good place to chill. I have a younger brother on the autism spectrum, and this is where I take him if I think he needs a break. I'll get him a cookie and a drink from Seasons and he zones out for a while.

DHS - This park is hardest because of all the construction right now, but during non peak times (such as lunch) the top floor of Pizza Rizzo's is usually pretty quiet. Good place to zone out for a while. That area tends to be quiet during the day as well.

AK - The animal trails. They all have benches, and sometimes it's nice to take a breather and watch the animals for a while. There usually aren't as many people around as the rest of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom