Refurbishment coming to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort lobby

celticdog

We stayed here last week and it was fantastic. Sure, the construction walls in the lobby were inconvenient, but not enough to spoil our trip. We never had any issues with dining. In fact, the crowds are smaller due to 1900 Park Fare and Victoria & Alberts being closed. Getting food was easy. The scaffolding was limited to the rear of the main building. The DVC building remains unaffected. I had a chance to speak with a Disney Imagineer. He stated that they are replacing the roof on the main building. They are painting in the main lobby. They are also working on small touches, like the lights on the roofs of the other buildings. This trip was much more relaxed due to the smaller crowd at GF. It has me spoiled now.

Disney4family

We popped in last week and had the pleasure of chatting with and listening to Wes play the piano. Before he started playing his set, Wes said he would do his best to drown out the noise from the incessant beeping of the painters' ladders going up, down, and all around. Nobody was painting or doing anything. The men just kept going up and down for a half hour.

Joesixtoe

We stayed here last week and it was fantastic. Sure, the construction walls in the lobby were inconvenient, but not enough to spoil our trip. We never had any issues with dining. In fact, the crowds are smaller due to 1900 Park Fare and Victoria & Alberts being closed. Getting food was easy. The scaffolding was limited to the rear of the main building. The DVC building remains unaffected. I had a chance to speak with a Disney Imagineer. He stated that they are replacing the roof on the main building. They are painting in the main lobby. They are also working on small touches, like the lights on the roofs of the other buildings. This trip was much more relaxed due to the smaller crowd at GF. It has me spoiled now.
For many a long years, and written "suggestions" have I dreamed of fully lit up lights on the Grand Floridian night sky.

Monkee Girl

This gives me some hope. I've wanted to stay here for years and the one time I finally book; it goes under construction. I had to sit through all the Poly construction with my family who didn't want to change resorts and it was fine really, but I guess now that I'm paying the full bill instead of splitting it with 4 people, I'm a little more sensitive to the experience. But we're not going to be doing any dining in the resort so I dunno; we may be fine. I just don't want to do the hassle of changing resorts. I think there were no openings at the Poly when I originally booked and the Contemporary is just bleh to me. So I think I'm gonna stick it out.

Disone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom