News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Really..I wonder about bag checks. When you get to MK on the monorail, you're already passed security..
All the monorail resort stations have the Evolv scanners in addition to several security offers. At the GF and Poly they are located just outside the main doors on the second level.

If you were going by the Twitter video, the scanner and security personnel were behind the person filming.

TrojanUSC

Some of the elements look nice but for the most part this feels kind of like a vaguely tropical motel, not a "5 star" resort from the folks who brought you Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Wilderness Lodge.

Tbh it could also be an events pavilion at a public park with some Hawaiian finishes.

Last edited:

mgf

I think a big issue in the design is that it somehow manages to lack depth and weight. The roofline looks too delicate. The bright lights and white undercoating do not help. The color wall sections ended up looking flat too. There is no texture to the overall design.

It just doesn't.... hit the mark?

bpiper

They couldn't paint the sprinkler pipes in the station the same cream color as the roof to blend in?

No they had to paint them a dark color..... To stand out.

At the GF station, they are painted white to blend in with the ceiling.

Sir_Cliff

Wow, that old photo looks 500x better than the new version.

It actually all looks like wood for the most part. Almost nothing in the new version looks like wood; it's just metal and concrete.
This a surprisingly shoddy job.

The Polynesian is supposed to be one of their absolute premium, highest-price resorts and they've redone the whole entrance in a way that looks industrial with little nods to theming mostly in the colors they painted the undisguised metal and concrete and the lamps they've bolted on. While the old monorail station wasn't exactly spectacular, I completely agree that it looked better than this mess of metal and concrete as it was at least themed convincingly.

Another one of those projects alongside the Riviera, MK DJ, and creperie that makes you wonder what has happened to Disney.

EPCOT-O.G.

This a surprisingly shoddy job.

The Polynesian is supposed to be one of their absolute premium, highest-price resorts and they've redone the whole entrance in a way that looks industrial with little nods to theming mostly in the colors they painted the undisguised metal and concrete and the lamps they've bolted on. While the old monorail station wasn't exactly spectacular, I completely agree that it looked better than this mess of metal and concrete as it was at least themed convincingly.

Another one of those projects alongside the Riviera, MK DJ, and creperie that makes you wonder what has happened to Disney.

Should change the name to

Disney's Polyurethane Village Resort

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom