Refrigerators in Rooms

MarkJ

Just had a most excellent 2 weeks at the All Star Sports - couldnt fault it , quiet room, plenty of facilities - excellent.

One gripe tho!! $149 for the refrigerator - and when it turns up its the size of a small box - I guess its an old under dresser drinks fridge!!!!

Question - I saw new, bigger refrigerators in Wal Mart at only $40 - and we had a big van whilst at Disney ( 6 of us) - Has anyone ever just bought a fridge and then left it in the room afterwards? Or have you bought one and done something else with it?? (like given it to the Chambermaid??)

Coming from the UK we could not take it home??

When we go back in c couple of years we will probably stay at the ASSports again - so we will need a fridge again - anyone tried the above?

Please let me know

(p.s. I had an idea to set up a local fridge delivery service in Orlando charging $25 for the week inc delivery - hahahahaha)

Disneyfalcon

You are right Woody! Don't throw it away, leave it for the mousekeeper!

I'm so excited to be leaving in TWO DAYS I can't think straight!!

Oh by the way, can you really ask the mousekeepers for coolers? Do you just stop a mousekeeper in the hall to ask, or do you leave yours a note?

TWO DAYS!!!!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

SANDKRUSER

Refrigerators

The first 2 times we went down, we rented a frig. Then I bought an Igloo cooler, one of the soft plastic/canvas ones with a hard top and bottom and a zipper. The one I have holds about 9 cans of pop, or a 1 quart sized milk (with the pop). On the way, I put all of the shampoos/lotions, sunscreen, anything that may break and make a mess, in plastic zip lock bags, to store in it for my suitcase that is going in my checked luggage on the plane. It's fairly study and if something breaks, it won't break out of the cooler. Then when we get down there, I take everything out and fill it with ice and pop, water, and milk for breakfast. Each night before we go to bed and each morning before going out the parks we refill the ice and beverages. That way when we get back, we have cold beverages. We also use it when we go to the waterparks. Take the pop/water we want and any meltable candy and bring it with. That way we don't have to buy it at the water parks and it's handy when you want it.

Then everythings goes back in for the ride home. This works really well and has saved us a ton over the last 7 years. I've seen bigger ones, holding up to 12 cans or more and smaller 6 can ones. They're fairly inexpensive.

Upvote 0

ddrongowski

SIZE QUESTION

I am thinking of renting one of these refrig's, but know have a concern at to the physical size of it, Is it dorm size or what? dimensions in inches would be apprieciated (L x W x H).
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

Originally posted by surfsupdon
Any Resorts still give fridges at "upon request" without a "nominal fee." As I remember they used to, but maybe not now...what's the deal...particularly at Yacht Club??

We had a "frig" when we stayed at Beach Club in June, it was the mini bar but there was room for water. Also, we just stayed at All Star Sports in a king room and surprise, there was a frig in the room and we didn't request it. We also didn't use it!

Upvote 0

MarkJ

Original Poster
Fridge Size

Whilst I didnt measure it whilst I was there I have a tape measure here at home and woudl estimate the size as 24 ins high by about 15 ins deep by 15 wide - something like a mini-bar fridge or a set of desk drawers??

Oh and by the way - thnk you to everyone for the replies - I am already looking forward to coming back to Disney - I guess it will be about 3 years from now (lots of the rest of the world still to see!!!!)

Have fun everyone!!!!

Upvote 0

Momx3

We bought styrofoam coolers at Publix and kept milk, oj, beer, water and pop in them for a week. It was much cheaper than buying drinks at the food court and much cheaper and faster to eat breakfast in our room. We left them and the rest of our drinks behind so I'm glad to know they will be reused.

Upvote 0

Dopey Dave

We just got back from the All Star Sports and had requested a king size bed. If they can accomodate you they will. This gets you a handicap type room that comes with the small refer for free (it is there to place medications in). We also did this last year.

Upvote 0

Kellylynn322

I made a reservation yesterday for the Carribean Beach and was told the fridges are $10 a day. For the 7 days I am there I will just rent one. It saves me the hassle of running around to get one. Thats just another opinion. The little extra $$ is worth the convience. But I guess that is why they have the option.

Have a great day everyone!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom