News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

markham

I understand what you're saying, I really do, but I'd like to point out that some of the best Christmas songs were written by Jews. Not everything has to be done by the original group of people to become special or authentic.

I think this show will have high guest sat - I just wish the barges went away during the daytime like everyone else.
I get that too. One could argue that Christmas in the contemporary sense is celebrated by many people that are not celebrating the birth of Christ. And there are some British writers in there too, but I don’t think a Mulan song performed in any language is the best representation of actual Chinese Culture. And the same applies across the board to the other IP. Maybe there will also be amazing pieces of music that actually originated from these cultures too. Fingers crossed. That video just doesn’t inspire confidence.

dreday3

As expected, the content is questionable, daytime appearance is hideous, but visuals during the show appear spectacular (to me). I can’t wait to try and ignore the stargate and tacos all day before enjoying this show with my family.

They are going full Coco lately.

And that is most pleasing.

truecoat

I'm going to be in Epcot on 10/01 but not because I planned to be there for the 50th. I had a friend who wanted to go for a couple days and picked October 1st as a time to go. It was only after I booked our flights that I thought about the date being the 50th and being in Epcot for the first showing of Harmonious. I hope this show is really good but those structures look out of place.

As a person who usually goes to Disneyland, I've seen some comments on why wasn't it like WOC. I have a feeling this structure is above the water because of WOC. WOC is down right now for an extended refurb and has had several refurbs so far. All that equipment underwater takes it's toll. Even the projector housings above water rotted away and are all backstage torn apart. Those have to be rebuilt now. Epcot can't have a show down for so long with refurbs in my opinion. Time will tell if they made the right choice and if water will still gum up the works so to speak.

hpyhnt 1000

From a show design standpoint, one thing that has bothered me is the team either not taking into account or not really caring about how light and water do very different things once they are off a vertical axis. So, in this screenshot of the Mulan section, you have arcing jets of water (the blue) that are barely illuminated because the lighting (the yellow) is going in a different direction:

Screenshot 2021-09-16 17.23.53 (1).png

You can really see how silly this looks on the arm behind, where only the first few feet of water is visible before it all just disappears because light doesn't bend like water does.

And so you end up with a section like this where a lot of fountains are on, yet you barely see them:
Screenshot 2021-09-16 17.39.32.png

To give another example, here's a close up from one of the video's split screens. In this shot, the fountains on top of the tacos are on but not yet illuminated; we only see them because of the residual glow of the fireworks:
Screenshot 2021-09-16 17.51.07.png

And here's a few frames later with the fountain lights now on. I'm not exactly wowed by the difference:
Screenshot 2021-09-16 17.52.11.png

Maybe this is the look the team were going for. Will everything look better in person with the naked eye? Hopefully. But I'm worried it's just going to look like a mess of bright spotlights and dim fountains going in random directions, because that's kinda how it looks in the videos and pictures.

Incomudro

As expected, the content is questionable, daytime appearance is hideous, but visuals during the show appear spectacular (to me). I can’t wait to try and ignore the stargate and tacos all day before enjoying this show with my family.

They are going full Coco lately.

Yes, the displays do look great.
But they ought to.
There are giant barges sitting there.

Thelazer

Maybe this is the look the team were going for. Will everything look better in person with the naked eye?

Hardly.. Expect your retinas to not adjust quick enough to the video brightness, compared to the fountain brightness and then fireworks on top of that.

Also why does the "Arms" on the barges (and the center stargate in particular) seem like they are kinda, randomly doing things half the time.. I've seen even in these preview video's, 2 or 3 times now where it looks like one or two arm's are just drifting out there in there own little world, pointing out into some jumbled data universe.

Unpopular opinion: I think this looks amazing!!! The screens are awesome, the music is awesome and I’m excited for the IP in this show. I dig it! Can’t wait to see it in December!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hardly.. Expect your retinas to not adjust quick enough to the video brightness, compared to the fountain brightness and then fireworks on top of that.
How is that any different than the brightness changes of the current set-up with bright floods in the fountains, bursts of fire, the image on the globe and all sorts of fireworks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom