News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Incomudro

The Bellagio fountains are 20+ years old at this point, and still impress. You’d think WDI would have been able to imagine a display that could at least match that in style and awe… with all of their bottomless resources and budget, experience with the World of Color rig, the legacy of innovative fountains at the Imagination pavilion, Fountain of Nations (back when it was maintained)… Instead we got sprinklers on a oil rig. It truly boggles the mind how this could have gone so badly.
For me, part of the disgrace if you will - with the way Disney went about it is that we can see the mechanism - and it's an UGLY mechanism, a huge, ugly mechanism that harms the aesthetics of the park, before and after the show.
Previously, part of the magic of Disney was that the show pieces were hidden from view (mostly, or at least to the casual park goer) until they were called into action.
When you walked around World Showcase, you had little idea what it was capable of at night.
When you sat down at Fantasmic, you had no idea what might go on. (provided you had no previous knowledge)
If these barges or some other structure were submerged in the water, and only came out when the show proceeded - there would be much more of a "wow" factor.
Where's the surprise when huge, ugly contraptions with screens and nozzles all over them, display images and shoot water?
Where's the wonder?
Where's the magic?

Vegas Disney Fan

I'm sure they aren't looking to dig and potentially destabilize the lagoon, but even if they were, you'd need all those electronics to be fine living under the water for hours at a time, and then all the visual maintenance associated with it. This isn't two or 3 feet of lights and water pipes we're talking about.

It'd be far more straightforward to widen the canal they intended to take these in and out through. Or..... build the barges slightly smaller.
They wouldn’t be under water, think of 5 bathtubs inside the lagoon with the barges inside, you lower the amount of water inside the bathtub and the barges sink, they are still floating, just at a lower level.

The lagoon is 25 feet deep, no reason to dig, even lowering the barges 15 feet would do wonders for the sight lines.

bpiper

I think they should turn the taco's into giant stock tickers, but instead of showing stock prices, they show current and future pricing of the Genie Individual attraction purchase prices.. They could even add the fake messages that websites show to get you to rush to purchase, "137 people are looking at purchasing this, next price increase at 140 purchases".

Incomudro

They wouldn’t be under water, think of 5 bathtubs inside the lagoon with the barges inside, you lower the amount of water inside the bathtub and the barges sink, they are still floating, just at a lower level.

The lagoon is 25 feet deep, no reason to dig, even lowering the barges 15 feet would do wonders for the sight lines.
And if the structures they created wouldn't allow for that, they could have gone with smaller, less ambitious structures that would.
And I think that's key.
In the past, Disney wouldn't have gone the huge eyesore route - because it would have been contradictory with the way they did things.
Now, there's an element there that just doesn't seem to care.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

And if the structures the created wouldn't allow for that, they could have gone with smaller, less ambitious structures that would.
And I think that's key.
In the past, Disney wouldn't have gone the huge eyesore route - because it would have been contradictory with the way they did things.
Now, there's an element there that just doesn't seem to care.

Ultimately that would have been the ideal solution, make the barges small enough to easily go backstage. Not sure why they didn’t just make the barges screens and lights without the arms, that way they’d be about 10 feet skinnier and easily pass through the bridge.

Incomudro

Ultimately that would have been the ideal solution, make the barges small enough to easily go backstage. Not sure why they didn’t just make the barges screens and lights without the arms, that way they’d be about 10 feet skinnier and easily pass through the bridge.
Yes, definitely.
In the past, there was management that would have shot down the very concept of the enormous taco barges that we got because they would be ugly and ruin the aesthetic.
Now obviously, we've got management who do not care about such things.

Vegas Disney Fan

I mean, hopefully, should something like WoC be introduced at WDW it leverages advances in the technology used to produce the show. And, if it is introduced into a park other than AK, that we don’t see any significant reductions in the role pyrotechnics plays in helping to deliver the production.

World of Color would be perfect in the already built water theater at AK. Even the pyro is limited to fire affects which I don’t think would be loud enough to bother the animals.

TTA94

Don’t how true this is so taking it as a grain of salt, but overheard a conversation saying that Harm will have a theme song, at some point in the show, but it won’t be original to the show. 🤔 If true not necessarily a bad thing, HEAs theme song was not original either.

TTA94

For some reason, all I can think of at the moment is:

Animated GIF

which I suppose would be slightly better than:
lion king disney GIF

In reality, you have me searching and listening to theme songs from other nighttime spectaculars of Disney Parks.

Lol, well IASW would be a good fit. I can’t really think of any other show theme song that would fit. Of course lyrics can always be changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom