News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Tom Morrow

I saw the revised Epcot Forever for the first time. Without the kites it really highlights what a thrown-together show it was. But anyway that's another rant that I made almost two years ago.

But something that still irks me is the childish pandering show announcements. Nothing highlights how Disney doesn't understand the appeal of their parks quite like a kid announcing in a pre-school tone to a sea of drunk adults on dates and whatnot. I hope they're smart enough to give Harmonious proper announcements.

Vinnie Mac

I saw the revised Epcot Forever for the first time. Without the kites it really highlights what a thrown-together show it was. But anyway that's another rant that I made almost two years ago.

But something that still irks me is the childish pandering show announcements. Nothing highlights how Disney doesn't understand the appeal of their parks quite like a kid announcing in a pre-school tone to a sea of drunk adults on dates and whatnot. I hope they're smart enough to give Harmonious proper announcements.
Eh, I like Epcot Forever without the kites. The pyro for the Tapestry of Nations segment is brilliant. Some of it reminds me of Illuminations which is always a welcomed blast to the past for me.

brb1006

I remember seeing videos of guests openly groaning when they heard the child announcers when Epcot Forever first performed. I prefer Corey Burton's mysterious and deep voice over a group of children talking like were in Kindergarten.

Edit: It was actually Jim Cummings.

Last edited:

Richie248

Eh, I like Epcot Forever without the kites. The pyro for the Tapestry of Nations segment is brilliant. Some of it reminds me of Illuminations which is always a welcomed blast to the past for me.

Agree, I prefer 2.0 to the original. It's a solid pyro show. I don't miss the kites.

Splashin' Ryan

Look at Zach Ridddley's new Instagram tv post around the 0:24 mark to see an interesting new view of harmonious testing, looks like fireworks are being launched off of the barges themselves.

EDIT: the post was taken down and is now a video format so you cant pause it but the clip is still there

Inspired Figment

I remember seeing guests openly groaning when they heard the child announcers when Epcot Forever first performed. I prefer Corey Burton's mysterious and deep voice over a group of children talking like were in Kindergarten.
Ironically Corey Burton did an incredible job at capturing Billyā€™s original Figment performance for some of the in-line queue videos and the finale of Journey Into Your Imagination. Makes me wonder why they didnā€™t go with him to begin with. He wouldā€™ve been great as both an announcer & Figment, if they couldnā€™t get Dreamfinder as the host. ā€˜Butā€™ Iā€™m not entirely against the idea of using children either. Just listen to the original ā€œNew Horizonsā€ theme or ā€œTomorrowā€™s Childā€. Those are beautiful and they feature a childrenā€™s choir and I think itā€™s a nice touch to include the ā€œfuture generationā€ in essence. But I think a balance of kids, adults, and Figment (and Dreamfinder) wouldā€™ve been a better way to go. Not to mention, a finale that actually fits in the integrity of EPCOT.. but we know why they went with that ending.. sadly the current execs vision of what EPCOT should be. And the groans/complaints or just flat out silence I heard around me when that played speaks volumes. Lol @Figments Friend & @Epcot82Guy can attest to this. They were there with me the night it made itā€™s debut..
i remember how that ending made us feel and how we all rode Living with the Land to end the night & refresh our minds from what weā€™d just witnessed right afterwards. šŸ˜‚ Good times, that was a wonderful trip.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Did they just give up on running water over the badges during the day to "hide" them or are they just not starting that until Oct 1?
Part of me thinks the sign showing the daytime fountains will just walk off at some point never to be heard from again. They seriously can't run them if they're going to behave the way they have during past daytime testing. It's even more of an embarrassment than the barges just sitting out there unadorned.

TTA94

Part of me thinks the sign showing the daytime fountains will just walk off at some point never to be heard from again. They seriously can't run them if they're going to behave the way they have during past daytime testing. It's even more of an embarrassment than the barges just sitting out there unadorned.

If weā€™re lucky the barges will disappear one day to lol. Should Harmonious not be well received I wonder if the possibility is there for it to be short lived or be retooled after the 50th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom