News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Epcot_Imagineer

In trying to not be as negative - I will say that it doesn't look bad. It really looks like they spent a lot of money on it. The lights, kinetic movement of the structures, and water screens will surely be impressive; I'm just unsure it will ever be able to make up for just how bad it looks during the day time. ROE was beautiful, but if all of the barges stayed out on the lake all day, without the grand reveal and movement of the globe barge, I don't think it would be remembered as fondly.

hpyhnt 1000

Glad I'm not the only one who looked at the released promotional pics and went, "That's not exactly great looking." As others have said, it just looks a mess. Sprays of water in all directions in no discernible patterns or shapes, oh so many lights shining everywhere, screens upon screens...

It's like the designers kept yelling "MORE!" at every effect but never took a moment to step back and realize more might just equal a big pile of disorganization.

We'll see.

TTA94

Glad I'm not the only one who looked at the released promotional pics and went, "That's not exactly great looking." As others have said, it just looks a mess. Sprays of water in all directions in no discernible patterns or shapes, oh so many lights shining everywhere, screens upon screens...

It's like the designers kept yelling "MORE!" at every effect but never took a moment to step back and realize more might just equal a big pile of disorganization.

We'll see.

WDWs attempt, again, at a WoC type show without a flat submerged platform. This is the unfortunate result.

trainplane3

Here's an image from the announcement -

View attachment 565394
Looks like what happens when I'm half asleep and try to go to the bathroom first thing in the morning. (the out of control fountains)

We get it WDI. You like fountains.
Middle screen is fuller but has limited viewing angles. Barges have much better viewing angles and aren't water screens but will most definitely be not as exciting to watch as the central barge. Congrats guys, you really forgot why Illuminations had globes/spheres for it's life.

Splashin' Ryan

WDWs attempt, again, at a WoC type show without a flat submerged platform. This is the unfortunate result.
World showcase really would have been the ultimate performance venue for a WOC-type show!. Viewing all around, and the fountains could have been seen from every angle if there weren't and structures in the way. I think the issues they have with the WOC platform scared them off along with the potential price of doing so (even though it doesn't sound like Harmonius was cheap overall). Not to mention, the lagoon is manmade so in no spot is it really that deep. Take the two years to drain the lagoon, put in the show tech and platform in, and fill it back up!

Stevek

OK,....Hmmm. I'm REALLY trying as HARD as I can to stay completely 100% "neutral" on how I feel about this until the show premieres. (Then I'll unload with all the good and/or bad after that) ;-)
Really the best all of us can do. As Disney fans, we tend to condemn without seeing with our own eyes yet those same that condemn are often the first ones in line to experience. As much as I loved ROE, I'm staying optimistic. Will judge when I see it in December.

Figments Friend

I knew it would debut October 1st.
Makes perfect sense to pull crowds away from MK that day, plus Oct 1st has been a date the Company has launched, debuted, or opened Attractions in the past.

One of our real sources here has been talking about how nighttime dining packages have been availible to book privately for companies / internal / groups including 'HarmoniUS' viewing for months now starting from that date onward.
Not too many seemed to pay attention to what he was saying, but I did.
And he was right.

Well done, sir.
:)

This is one dragon who knew it would happen, and reserved my spot at Epcot for October 1st some weeks ago.
Today I am rewarded by his insight, and will now get to witness firsthand the debut performance.

I have been a harsh critic of this Show since those 'burnt tacos' appeared on the lagoon, and it is going to be challanging to view this with a open mind when I know what is coming.
But like a lot of 'Epcot one offs' I've experienced, I can at least say in the future 'I was there'.

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom