News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

gerarar

Premium Member
Finally got around to watching the EF testing video from the other night, and man what an improvement!

I’m glad the finale has been restored (or should I say improved upon) from its original incarnation when the show debuted. No longer are the 2s and 4s reduced to 1s and 2s!

Also the semi-finale in Magic Journeys in place of the multi-kites is amazing! Taking a page out of HEA with its Go the Distance’s mini-finale.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Finally got around to watching the EF testing video from the other night, and man what an improvement!

I’m glad the finale has been restored (or should I say improved upon) from its original incarnation when the show debuted. No longer are the 2s and 4s reduced to 1s and 2s!

Also the semi-finale in Magic Journeys in place of the multi-kites is amazing! Taking a page out of HEA with its Go the Distance’s mini-finale.
Agreed, I think it will be a much improved end to an EPCOT day.

TTA94

I guess just like HEA and other shows it’s hit or miss how clear the beams of light are depending on weather conditions and how well the pyro smoke stays in place, yet not block the other visual elements of the show. A challenge I think Harmonious might face. Some nights will probably be better than others, visually. In the perfect world we’d need just enough fog but not to much to settle in each night before each show lol.

The lighting in Mickey’s Mix Magic at DL looks awesome with fog… but you can’t see the pyro 🤷‍♂️ lol.

Last edited:

As is that for the Millennium Celebration segment!

sedati

I also recall the Illuminations closing “we hope you enjoyed this evenings performance of illuminations. GE - we bring good things to life. Thank you and good evening” Along with the logo on the globe and GE inspired post show music.

And then the park was often still open afterwards of course.
Yes, they turned the icon of the park into ad-space. You can't get more cheap and trashy. Imagine the castle with a projection for Ziploc. The Tree of Life plastered with the McDonald's Dollar Menu or the Chinese Theatre turned Surge green.

Inspired Figment

what does IP stand for?
Intellectual Property (in this particular usage though, it means the use of pre-existing film & television properties). The majority here are sick and tired of the overreliance & forced nature of movie/television based attractions being shorhorned into EPCOT & other places that doesn’t particularly need them. Particularly when they mostly come at the advantage of more unique park-exclusive concepts specifically/originally created for the parks

zoso

Intellectual Property (in this particular usage though, it means the use of pre-existing film & television properties). The majority here are sick and tired of the overreliance & forced nature of movie/television based attractions being shorhorned into EPCOT & other places that doesn’t particularly need them. Particularly when they mostly come at the advantage of more unique park-exclusive concepts specifically/originally created for the parks

Oh interesting. Thanks! I may be one of the only people then who actually enjoys the Whole New World ending, funny enough it might be my favorite part of EF. I can see the argument against it however

TTA94

Have to say I was more impressed with the EF testing than Harmonious lol. Harms finale feels weak asside from the perimeters.

zoso

Oh man, the barges are going to look amazing at night. The LED tape in this video might look simple, but this is pretty bright for a daytime test. I hard to tell if they’re polychromatic but I’m soooo excited to watch this show.

I said this before but Disney World’s night shows are actually the reason I work on Broadway doing lighting. I still hope one day I can work at DW as an imagineer for their night shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom