News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just hope Harm is up and running by December. Any sooner would be even better. October was going around for a while as a possible debut for the 50th.

I thought the same thing if they are comfortable announcing the return of nighttime shows.
I’d be surprised if humongous wasn’t running by December. For better or for worse.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Just a Question, not being sassy......Do shareholders or Wall Street(if this is where the call is going to)really care about an little intrem show that's was just filler bewteen ROE and Harm? We do on here of course, but Wall Street might be more intrested in big shows like HEA/Harm,?
Wall Street cares about any information that they can feed into their financial models, and any signs of a return to normal.

Capacity is probably the most important part of that right now but a Disney analyst who is doing their job properly has been to WDW recently and seen how empty the parks are after 5PM. Fireworks don’t exist because Disney thinks you like them, they exist because they’re a relatively cheap way to keep 20000 people in the parks for 2-4 extra hours where they can continue to eat and shop. The analysts can feed those extra guest hours into their models. So I think announcing EF (as part of a list of other returning offerings) is at least somewhat likely.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
But it’s not like Bob Chapek is going to read the financial numbers and then stop and say “and now the news you’ve all been waiting for......the return of Epcot Forever!”. For an EF comeback to even make sense they would need to simultaneously be announcing, at the very least, increased dining capacity at Epcot.

jt04

I seem to remember the first version of the moveable Star Wars stage broke shortly after its debut. Not only did it require a lengthy and likely expensive fix, but it also damaged the concrete underneath. Which also had to be repaired. Just moving the stage was a labor intensive spectacle that had to add substantially to the bottom line.

Harmonious is a few magnitudes larger than that stage. Not to mention far more expensive. The labor costs of moving it daily would be prohibitive. And any damage in the process would likely severely impact the presentation. If not shut it down altogether for a period of time.

In simple terms, THE BARGES ARE PERMANENTLY MOORED. 😁

Ahem sorry, at least until a new show replaces them.

2032?

mikejs78

Premium Member
I’d be surprised if humongous wasn’t running by December. For better or for worse.
Is it likely that this will at least be technically impressive? I'm not holding out for a masterpiece like RoE, and the IP inclusion bugs me, just wondering if there is at least something that one can look forward to given the monstrosities that are populating world showcase lagoon...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is it likely that this will at least be technically impressive? I'm not holding out for a masterpiece like RoE, and the IP inclusion bugs me, just wondering if there is at least something that one can look forward to given the monstrosities that are populating world showcase lagoon...
I’ve said a few times it’ll be a technical tour de force.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In simple terms, THE BARGES ARE PERMANENTLY MOORED
1620740365162.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So a show (EF) that was already “light” is getting even lighter. 🤦‍♂️ I despised it before, for reasons I’ve already discussed. The kites were the only remotely redeeming thing about the show, so I can’t see any reason to see the “light” version.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So a show (EF) that was already “light” is getting even lighter. 🤦‍♂️ I despised it before, for reasons I’ve already discussed, so I can’t see any reason to see the “light” version.

Well, hopefully, the kites are cut and replace with just more shells.

With the entertainment off the surface of the lack and higher in the air, there's no need to crowd along the beach. That would allow more distancing.

But what do I know about things like art and logic?

AmesTARDIS

I understand, it is definitely unfortunate they have changed Epcot so much. I definitely don’t like the Harmonious barges or the concept either, but since Disney insists on pushing forward with the show regardless of the backlash, I’m curious to see how it turns out. Obviously I’m a big fan in general for nighttime shows and I also love lighting effects which the barges seem to be heavy on that and other effects, so for that I’m excited to see it.
This is where I am. I just have a hard time imagining that it will just be plain awful. And, I am not usually an optimist.

TTA94

So a show (EF) that was already “light” is getting even lighter. 🤦‍♂️ I despised it before, for reasons I’ve already discussed. The kites were the only remotely redeeming thing about the show, so I can’t see any reason to see the “light” version.

Unlikely I know but maybe they could use some of Harms effects to make up for the kites? Lights or screens maybe?

TTA94

It’s probably a long shot, and won’t happen but do we think they could update on on HarmoniUS during the shareholders call?

We said the same about Rat and got a date. Granted that is a different situation. Maybe even a 50th mention? Probably not going to happen and I don’t actively expect announcements out of the shareholders call but am pleasantly surprised when it does happen.

The most interesting thing about any nighttime show announcement is how it’s going to happen. After Hours or regular showings just requiring a park reservation. Either way any guesses how long it takes for Epcot and or MK to book up? Lol. Bloggers will be having the park reservations calendar open on Thursday ready to pounce lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom