News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The rumor as I heard it was EF back as soon as late June, not Harmonious. Harmonious would “perhaps” ready for the 50th.

I believe that is their hope for HARModious, as well, since they were selling dining packages (for dates starting around October 1) for it a while back.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes, also important to remember they also try to program from where an audience views, and then they likely would rotate around the lagoon to ensure sight lines are working.
Does the stargate rotate? If not, then there becomes quite a limited number of spots where one could see the entire show. I’m sure that was taken under consideration, just like not having giant eyesores in the middle of WSL 24/7/365 was.

Dranth

Strobes/whatever the twinkling effect is called is currently turned on for Italy. Been running for 5 mins so far. I assume show programming or something like that.

Edit: I know it's a giant nothingburger but here's a quick video just because.

That isn’t testing.

If you slow it down you will notice it is actually Morse code. Looks like it says “Oh God, help us please before it is too late, the IP is killing us, make it stop.” and then it starts to repeat.

Weird.

TTA94

Sorry if this was already discussed, but had covid not happened and EF continued to run until… I believe it was supposed to be fall of 2020 when Harmonious was to originally debut? Did they know then the barges were going to be permanently installed? Or was that a decision that was discovered/made later in 2020?

Movielover

You know I’ve never asked. I’d hazard it’s for documenting each show. MK has a similar rig on the train station. But not as obtrusive.
Well that's even worse. If it was for security or even just additional surveillance of the show for safety I could understand but if it's just to record the show for internal reasons that's a really bad look.

Giss Neric

I understand, it is definitely unfortunate they have changed Epcot so much. I definitely don’t like the Harmonious barges or the concept either, but since Disney insists on pushing forward with the show regardless of the backlash, I’m curious to see how it turns out. Obviously I’m a big fan in general for nighttime shows and I also love lighting effects which the barges seem to be heavy on that and other effects, so for that I’m excited to see it.
Backlash from this site and theme park fans yes, but I don't think the backlash of this show is on a degree where it needs to be cancelled literally and figuratively. Twitter cancels people based on the aftermath. We haven't even seen it fully.

Surferboy567

It’s probably a long shot, and won’t happen but do we think they could update on on HarmoniUS during the shareholders call?

We said the same about Rat and got a date. Granted that is a different situation. Maybe even a 50th mention? Probably not going to happen and I don’t actively expect announcements out of the shareholders call but am pleasantly surprised when it does happen.

jrhwdw

It’s probably a long shot, and won’t happen but do we think they could update on on HarmoniUS during the shareholders call?

We said the same about Rat and got a date. Granted that is a different situation. Maybe even a 50th mention? Probably not going to happen and I don’t actively expect announcements out of the shareholders call but am pleasantly surprised when it does happen.
When is that?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

I think there is a pretty chance we will hear a lot of news on the earnings call on Thursday. That said while it seems clear that they have a (tentative) plan for fireworks, whether they are willing to announce it yet is another thing. I think it’s a lot more likely we will hear about Epcot Forever than that we will hear about Harmonious.

Surferboy567

I think there is a pretty chance we will hear a lot of news on the earnings call on Thursday. That said while it seems clear that they have a (tentative) plan for fireworks, whether they are willing to announce it yet though is another thing. I think it’s a lot more likely we will hear about Epcot Forever than that we will hear about Harmonious.
I just hope Harm is up and running by December. Any sooner would be even better. October was going around for a while as a possible debut for the 50th.

I thought the same thing if they are comfortable announcing the return of nighttime shows.

jrhwdw

I think there is a pretty chance we will hear a lot of news on the earnings call on Thursday. That said while it seems clear that they have a (tentative) plan for fireworks, whether they are willing to announce it yet is another thing. I think it’s a lot more likely we will hear about Epcot Forever than that we will hear about Harmonious.
Just a Question, not being sassy......Do shareholders or Wall Street(if this is where the call is going to)really care about an little intrem show that's was just filler bewteen ROE and Harm? We do on here of course, but Wall Street might be more intrested in big shows like HEA/Harm,?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom