News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
OOF. It makes Spaceship Earth look small.
The finial also makes SSE look small.

1620353419506.png

TikibirdLand

Strobes/whatever the twinkling effect is called is currently turned on for Italy. Been running for 5 mins so far. I assume show programming or something like that.

Edit: I know it's a giant nothingburger but here's a quick video just because.

Why are they testing that during the day with all the people walking around? Couldn't it wait for the evening when EPCoT is closed? :eek:

TikibirdLand

I know they aren't perfect. I just tried to cover everything as well as I could to let people decide for themselves.

I know my feelings on it (and others do too) but I felt I gave them a good chance in the pictures.
Good job of keeping other landmarks in the photos. It really shows the scale of these things. Next time I'm in EPCoT, I'll tell my family to just look away, nothing to see on the lagoon!

Father Robinson

Strobes/whatever the twinkling effect is called is currently turned on for Italy. Been running for 5 mins so far. I assume show programming or something like that.

Edit: I know it's a giant nothingburger but here's a quick video just because.

They did this when I was there a couple of years ago (2019) with the Canada pavilion.

rreading

Here's a gallery of the barges from every pavilion in standard and wide angle. Use the torches (if in the shot) to get a rough idea of where I was at.

It's a curious paradox; they're big enough to be legitimately ugly, but they don't look big enough to be impressive. As much as I loved Illuminations, the globe was a minor aspect for me; it was more the atmosphere, effects and music for me. Similarly, this new show should live or die based on the quality of the music and the immersive effect of it happening around you in WS.

If it's mostly focused on the video on these screens, it's going to be a fail. It works at Cinderella's castle as it's larger-than-life right in front of you. This doesn't have the same effect

trainplane3

They're doing testing on the central barge with the water screen piece. Light gust and it goes everywhere.

10/10 move WDI. You'll figure out water one day.

Parents asked what the water testing was for and I said video. They had the same reaction I did. "Water screens suck with any level of wind".

It's a curious paradox; they're big enough to be legitimately ugly, but they don't look big enough to be impressive. As much as I loved Illuminations, the globe was a minor aspect for me; it was more the atmosphere, effects and music for me. Similarly, this new show should live or die based on the quality of the music and the immersive effect of it happening around you in WS.

If it's mostly focused on the video on these screens, it's going to be a fail. It works at Cinderella's castle as it's larger-than-life right in front of you. This doesn't have the same effect
It's neat to see the arms move but I can watch movies at home. The screens don't interest me at all.

Attachments

• PXL_20210507_172428607.jpg
    PXL_20210507_172428607.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 81

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom