News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

note2001

One of the last places I'd want to be working is in Florida, the middle of a lake on a giant black heat absorber/reflector.
Remember that old saying? "Water, water all around. Not a drop to drink."

I'm thirsty now.

I missed it, are these barges to also have fireworks on board to be reset each day? If so, what a fun job that'll be.

ImperfectPixie

One of the last places I'd want to be working is in Florida, the middle of a lake on a giant black heat absorber/reflector.
Remember that old saying? "Water, water all around. Not a drop to drink."

I'm thirsty now.

I missed it, are these barges to also have fireworks on board to be reset each day? If so, what a fun job that'll be.
I once had to letter a 62' two-masted schooner while it was still in the water...I got burned to a crisp. (Plus covered in salt water...fun stuff.)

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm curious to see if we find out how difficult they are to replace. My experience is very limited with LED walls/screens. But in that limited experience replacement in some of the locations I've seen dead pixels could be troublesome. I'd hope that maintenance was a design consideration, but it wouldn't be the first time if it wasn't.

The walls are made up by smaller blocks that pop in and out - easy to replace bad modules.

note2001

I once had to letter a 62' two-masted schooner while it was still in the water...I got burned to a crisp. (Plus covered in salt water...fun stuff.)
Man. I feel that.

I just looked up where that line I tried to quote came from, it's the Rime of the Ancient Mariner. We all know the tale, he killed the albatross and he and his crew all end up paying for it. (I had the quote wrong... I believe it's "Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.")

This isn't boding well for Disney.
I wonder, which one of the many decent Albatross did Disney kill for this thing to happen? I'm going to say it was Reflections of Earth, but there are many other good choices to pick from.

ImperfectPixie

Man. I feel that.

I just looked up where that line I tried to quote came from, it's the Rime of the Ancient Mariner. We all know the tale, he killed the albatross and he and his crew all end up paying for it. (I had the quote wrong... I believe it's "Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.")

I wonder, which one of the many decent Albatross did Disney kill for this thing to happen? I'm going to say it was Reflections of Earth, but there are many other good choices to pick from.
I agree 100%.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Man. I feel that.

“SCREAM FOR ME, LONG BEACH!!!” Oops, sorry, wrong thing. 😉

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Remember when we thought the Guardians Gravity Building was the worst they could do??
They need to take a cue from Disneyland, just have the screens show the message "What giant tacos? There are no giant tacos here" during the day.

1619823770001.png

note2001

I can tell you really hate it and don't care about it cause you misspelled TikTok. I don't hate it as it is sometimes entertaining watching it if you're trying to kill time. What I do hate is the kids that became famous because of this. It goes to show how talent is irrelevant if you wanna be famous.
I hate TikTok for killing my phone battery.
It's too entertaining.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Ok so I have seen them in person now and will admit they are much worse in person than I expected they would be. In particular I am not sure how they can cover up the circle one with water, not from the front, which I actually think will probably look fine, but from the side, where it’s giant robot arms make way more of a visual impact than I expected. And the gaps between the ring and the arms are huge.

Creathir

Ok so I have seen them in person now and will admit they are much worse in person than I expected they would be. In particular I am not sure how they can cover up the circle one with water, not from the front, which I actually think will probably look fine, but from the side, where it’s giant robot arms make way more of a visual impact than I expected. And the gaps between the ring and the arms are huge.
This was my thought when I saw them in Feb, and only 2 tacos were out at the time…

Pictures just did not do justice to how disruptive they were to the overall view. It didn’t help matters that we were entering from the IG, so these monstrosities were what we first saw. It truly was jarring.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
This was my thought when I saw them in Feb, and only 2 tacos were out at the time…

Pictures just did not do justice to how disruptive they were to the overall view. It didn’t help matters that we were entering from the IG, so these monstrosities were what we first saw. It truly was jarring.
I feel like the ring is cool, the tacos are fun, the arms on the ring are terrible, but altogether it’s bad. A giant unity ring in world showcase makes a ton of sense on its own but I am baffled now by the whole thing.

It isn’t a disaster to me, but I don’t get it. I am still reserving final judgement until the water is on.

pdude81

I feel like the ring is cool, the tacos are fun, the arms on the ring are terrible, but altogether it’s bad. A giant unity ring in world showcase makes a ton of sense on its own but I am baffled now by the whole thing.

It isn’t a disaster to me, but I don’t get it. I am still reserving final judgement until the water is on.
Right now I can look around or through some of it to see to the other side though. Once the fountains are going it'll just be a weird blur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom