News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Brenthodge

What if the back of the amphitheater theater wall was a copy of the facade of IaSW from DL? It could even have projection mapping. Just armchair imagineering here but you get the idea. Amazing that so many fans of Disney never can imagine any solutions. Boggles.

As for the barges, if the show is good enough people will cope. Probably only complain they want more barges!
That’s one of the dumbest ideas I’ve ever seen. What does the Disneyland it’s a small world facade have to do with ANYTHING at Epcot? Are you just trolling for responses now. If so, I’m annoyed I fell for it!

Nubs70

The eventual rust color will really make it sparkle in the sunlight.
Combined with the mineral scale, it will end up looking like the set from WaterWorld. Could this be a future IP infringement case with Universal?

1617725270914.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That’s one of the dumbest ideas I’ve ever seen. What does the Disneyland it’s a small world facade have to do with ANYTHING at Epcot? Are you just trolling for responses now. If so, I’m annoyed I fell for it!

(He hasn’t set foot inside a Disney theme park in 40 years, according to his own past posts) Take everything he posts with a salt lick’s worth of salt.

jt04

I was thinking of it as an example of what could be done. Something Mary Blair-esque, LoW mash-up. It was meant for illustration purposes and not necessarily as a literal, that or nothing proposition.

It is what happens here.

PS- more than a few people here think IaSW is a better IP for WS than the MK. Just a side note.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I was thinking of it as an example of what could be done. Something Mary Blair-esque, LoW mash-up. It was meant for illustration purposes and not necessarily as a literal, that or nothing proposition.

It is what happens here.

PS- more than a few people here think IaSW is a better IP for WS than the MK. Just a side note.
But you yourself said “a few internet voices” wouldn’t have Disney changing anything, but you appear to be advocating for a change based on a few internet voices. Which is it?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The wand was fine for the Millenium Celebration. The tarps were fine for the mid-90’s but needed to be removed after 5 -6 years. These eyesores won’t be removed for a decade, if not more, unless we somehow get miraculously lucky and the show bombs and GSAT numbers are low. And these are far more of an abomination than the wand, the tarps, or the tombstones.

Thelazer

"The wand was fine for the Millenium Celebration."
If the wand was painted black and only lit up at night, you'd feel the same way?

hpyhnt 1000

It will be interesting to watch the disassembly and hauling away of all that scrap after those final judgements are made.
It will rival the joy of the wand and hat removal threads. Good times; can't wait.*

I also think repainting restoring Cinderella Castle to its correct paint scheme, hopefully immediately following the 50th "celebration" months, will be up there for a lot of us, too.

*And many people on social media will go, "OMG!!! Totes AHMAZING view across #World Showcase at #EPCOT! Great job, #Disney! #Magical #vlogger #selfie" while completely forgetting that's how it had always been for 38 years before Harm came along.

jt04

But you yourself said “a few internet voices” wouldn’t have Disney changing anything, but you appear to be advocating for a change based on a few internet voices. Which is it?

Depends. Sometimes it's that little spark of inspiration. Other times it may be an idea that is so unlikely it is essentially not happening. Disney doesn't invest this kind of money without a lot of approvals along the way. And they have a strong track record.

We'll know if it is a boondoggle soon enough.

World of Color had its doubters also but it silenced most of that as soon as they hit the On button.

GimpYancIent

Depends. Sometimes it's that little spark of inspiration. Other times it may be an idea that is so unlikely it is essentially not happening. Disney doesn't invest this kind of money without a lot of approvals along the way. And they have a strong track record.

World of Color had its doubters also but it silenced most of that as soon as they hit the On button.
50 / 50

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Those responsible for said track record are no longer with the company or WDI. They prefer to aim for singles more often than not because of Iger’s noted love of “de-risk” than to take a chance, and now Chapek’s cluelessness as to how theme parks should be run (hint: It’s not “squeeze every last penny from every single guest”). RotR would be the only outlier since Everest.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

World of Color vanishes during the day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can count on one hand how many times I’ve seen that platform fully submerged and I’ve been to DL a lot. Sure most of the time it’s show height, but the fountains do not disappear entirely.
We must have been lucky during our visits. To be honest I’d have liked to have seen it exposed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom