• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

hpyhnt 1000

It will be interesting to watch the disassembly and hauling away of all that scrap after those final judgements are made.
It will rival the joy of the wand and hat removal threads. Good times; can't wait.*

I also think repainting restoring Cinderella Castle to its correct paint scheme, hopefully immediately following the 50th "celebration" months, will be up there for a lot of us, too.

*And many people on social media will go, "OMG!!! Totes AHMAZING view across #World Showcase at #EPCOT! Great job, #Disney! #Magical #vlogger #selfie" while completely forgetting that's how it had always been for 38 years before Harm came along.

jt04

But you yourself said “a few internet voices” wouldn’t have Disney changing anything, but you appear to be advocating for a change based on a few internet voices. Which is it?

Depends. Sometimes it's that little spark of inspiration. Other times it may be an idea that is so unlikely it is essentially not happening. Disney doesn't invest this kind of money without a lot of approvals along the way. And they have a strong track record.

We'll know if it is a boondoggle soon enough.

World of Color had its doubters also but it silenced most of that as soon as they hit the On button.

GimpYancIent

Depends. Sometimes it's that little spark of inspiration. Other times it may be an idea that is so unlikely it is essentially not happening. Disney doesn't invest this kind of money without a lot of approvals along the way. And they have a strong track record.

World of Color had its doubters also but it silenced most of that as soon as they hit the On button.
50 / 50

HauntedPirate

Sheltered-at-home Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Those responsible for said track record are no longer with the company or WDI. They prefer to aim for singles more often than not because of Iger’s noted love of “de-risk” than to take a chance, and now Chapek’s cluelessness as to how theme parks should be run (hint: It’s not “squeeze every last penny from every single guest”). RotR would be the only outlier since Everest.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member

World of Color vanishes during the day.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
I can count on one hand how many times I’ve seen that platform fully submerged and I’ve been to DL a lot. Sure most of the time it’s show height, but the fountains do not disappear entirely.
We must have been lucky during our visits. To be honest I’d have liked to have seen it exposed.

aliceismad

It is impressive but ugly. The tacos I could live with but I’m dreading seeing the stargate in person.
I'm the opposite. I think the Stargate could be at least somewhat interesting to look at. The tacos are just freaking weird. There is nothing that feels organic or intentional about that shape. I should probably refrain from hate until I see the final product in person. But eww.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom