News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

I would have said no chance, but then River of Light goes bye bye just like that.

I would say the Harmonious hardware is here for the next 20 years, but the show that it carries for that time - unsure.

I think EF could be a awesome show if a few tweaks were made and the use of the Harmonious barges. I was hopeing they were going to do that before Harmonious debuts. I wouldn’t mind seeing EF again.

note2001

I'm curious what other options Disney was given to choose from for this show, and if the barges were the least expensive option. Ugly doesn't always mean cheap but it does mean someone cared more about other elements than the aesthetics.

With ROL they knew their boats had to match the environment and the equipment such as for the fountains should be concealed as much as was possible. They even took the boats back stage between shows so as not to disturb the asthetics of the park. Was this the influence of Joe Rhode? Was he the last imagineer who cared and had a voice within the company?

I know I'm rambling here and it's nothing that hasn't been said before, but to me world showcase is entirely about aesthetics. Someone made the wrong choice.

lazyboy97o

This is a particularly hardware dense angle.

HarmonioUS_Full_41567.jpg
Gorgeous! 😍😍😍
Just like Walt Epcot always dreamed!

TTA94

If, by "a few tweaks", you mean a complete do-over, then yes, I could agree. EF, as it is/was, was a pile of 💩.

Eh, well I’d say if it was to replace Harm and become permanent then yeah more than just a few tweaks lol. Off the top of my head replace the children narrators with Figment and or Dreamfinder, make some of the segments longer (in particular the ToN segment) and yeah, replace the ending lol.

TTA94

I honestly wonder if those in charge at WDW even realize the high negativity of the barges. But I guess even if they do they really do not have a choice at this point but to push forward and hope enough of the average guests, who they aim towards anyway now a days, do not care about the lagoon views and fall in love with the show itself.
Truthfully I believe the vast majority of the average guests will indeed love Harmonious and think it’s the best show yet, and it may even have HEAs popularity.

TrainsOfDisney

Truthfully I believe the vast majority of the average guests will indeed love Harmonious and think it’s the best show yet, and it may even have HEAs popularity.
It will be interesting to see. HEA has a really impressive amount of pyro though. If they are relying on the screens and the fountains the guests may not be too impressed ESPECIALLY the ones who don’t get a good view.

Brenthodge

IDK if any locals sat around WSL all day but how long did ROE's setup take? ROE would be brought onto WSL every day. Granted the bridge might need to be up a little longer for the Stargate and Tacos.....but, might Stargate's arms fit under the bridge? The pyro barges always fit under I believe.
ROE were much smaller and self propelled /driven units. These are not moving (and I seriously doubt ever really were seriously considered as doing such)

TTA94

It will be interesting to see. HEA has a really impressive amount of pyro though. If they are relying on the screens and the fountains the guests may not be too impressed ESPECIALLY the ones who don’t get a good view.

I looks as though Harm will be heavy lighting to. But I agree hopefully Harm will have an equal amount of pyro compared to HEA and RoE.

owlsandcoffee

It really is bonkers to me that WDI Disney didn't care if the lagoon and the views across it were screwed up all day for something that happens at night. You will never be able to look from FW to WS or back again, if it's true that these are stationary machines. Do they not care?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom